Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220903 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1215 on: January 20, 2013, 05:43:45 pm »

No, the more diversity party is the more creatures party.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: January 20, 2013, 05:44:36 pm »

Haha please tell me you guys aren't going to start making up political parties just for the sake of a suggestion thread, I'm sure this is all just a big joke right?

Who cares if we all have different ideas, that's what makes our god and this thread interesting.  Also I don't want anyone trying to stick me in a party that'll restrict my ability to vote for the actions that I feel are most effective for our current situation.  I'm going to vote as I see fit that's all there is to it, whether I want to be peaceful, make new creatures or burn everything to the ground and mutate our enemies into godless abominations.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: January 20, 2013, 05:45:25 pm »

We just need to make our own suggestions and don't debate :P Andb don't make so many OOC and semi OOC replies. And oneliners in general

And stop discussing long-long-long time plans. Really...

As for suggestions... My suggestion was ready a long time ago (the one with the fortress plan, expanding agriculture\granting 10 minor life(plant boosting) boons\ using the mole to start digging a trade tunnel and modify the fire tree with manarack draining roots.) I haven't changed my mind despite all that flood...

Ninjad by new flood.... four times  Seriously don't flood with 100% OOC

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: January 20, 2013, 05:47:18 pm »

Pretty much, we're bored enough that we must amuse ourselves by creating factions so we can better argue over things that will not have any bearing on the immediate future anyway. And as for the oneliners, we can only debate over our course of action for so long, and this thread has a fast metabolism.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 05:49:31 pm by Remuthra »

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1219 on: January 20, 2013, 05:49:46 pm »

I'm just joking. Not sure about everyone else though.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: January 20, 2013, 05:50:08 pm »

Maybe we should make an OOC thread for Corruptor's sake, this is probably pretty obnoxious for him.  I like talking about future plans and I don't mind arguing a little for the course of action I think is best but things seem to be getting a little out of hand.
Sure thing peanut man!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: January 20, 2013, 05:51:00 pm »

I'd say so.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: January 20, 2013, 05:52:03 pm »

Well.... He hasn't been on for about 2 hours.....

Give him some time

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: January 20, 2013, 05:52:31 pm »

Yes, OOC thread.  We need it.
I'll get one going?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: January 20, 2013, 05:54:07 pm »

Let's see what Corruptor thinks about it first.  He might want to make it himself but if not, it probably doesn't matter who makes it.
Sure thing peanut man!

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: January 20, 2013, 05:54:15 pm »

Yes, OOC thread.  We need it.
I'll get one going?

i dont think we need one.

its not exactly hard for him to gather what we want to do. it keeps getting repeated every second post.....

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: January 20, 2013, 05:54:35 pm »

Aaaaannd done.
Here's the URL: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121954.new#new

EDIT: Well I didn't see that.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: January 20, 2013, 06:38:41 pm »

I don't think we can just make a mana cannon but I had suggested building a giant chaos cannon.

Yes to ingraining natural combat skills for our plants.

For the moles, keep in mind we only made one.  It doesn't have a mate and thus won't reproduce if we don't want it to.  That said, let's give it a chance.  Have it start digging around for metals and if we have problems with the tunnels collapsing or whatever than we'll stop and see about working with the dwarves.  If it does work than great, no harm done.  Also, the mole shouldn't work alone.  Send down some saps with it to smooth out the tunnels, keep things clean and organized, carry out the metals and stabilize the tunnels if necessary.  We could probably use plant materials for support, like giant roots that wrap around the tunnels and keep them from collapsing.
maybe some sort of Manarack lens array to focus and direct the chaos?
1. For now get the flying castle up and running.
2. Start the mining operation.

After,

1. Possible some scout units since right now we are going blind about the world around us
2. Spec-op style units
3. Increase production of Saps
4. The go ahead for the alchemist to start making the bombs.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You explain to Uristiel the plan to lift the castle with a permanent flight spell, stressing the importance for a solid base for that reason. The basic shape would be circular, with three towers spread in a triangle and a single, gigantic tower in the middle. Streets would begin at the central tower, expanding outward in fractal patterns like a tree's branches, with constructions such as housing and temples in between their paths - the exception to this being four large open areas set aside for growing crops. Protruding from the circular base would be a series of minature satellite structures, at random distances from the center structure and connected via narrow copper bridges.

All told, it would be roughly five hundred yards in diameter. You decide to offer Uristiel a place on the castle, but he just begins to sputter and laugh at you.
"Dwarves in tha air? Have ye gone daft laddie, we belong in tha ground!" he chortled. "Still, appreciate tha offer - o, an' before I forget, we're sending a trade caravan to your village on the morrow."

With that, his presence flew to a large clearing beyond the corrupted forest, and with a protesting creak of shifting earth the ground began to flatten in a three hundred yard radius. In the far distance you see dwarven work crews en route to the clearing, donkeys pulling carts laden with building materials alongside wagons laden with booze for the workers.

"My my," the voice of Krait said beside you, "Someone makes friends quickly."
"Lifting a six month long siege certainly seems to help with that," you replied dryly.
"Oh, and if you desire to change any of the design specifications, there's ample time to."
"Needs docking areas for flying units," Krait replied immediately. "Roosts for your dragons and my...new equivalent units," he continued, with a mysterious chuckle.
"I'll tell Uristiel," you promise, and Krait departs for his own village.

You check up on your new firemole's progress, sending a group of twenty Stems down into the tunnels to reinforce them and search for mined ore the mole left behind. It's been quite busy, the tunnels stretch on for what seem to be miles now. One of your Stems has collected a crate full of copper nuggets left behind, and another Stem seems to have found a glowing blue nugget the size of a man's fist - manarack. You inspect it more closely in fascination - the feeling emanating from it is strange, like the horrible emptiness you sensed from the voidspawn but reversed somehow, giving rather than taking.

As it turns out, the tunnels are rather sturdy, needing none of the reinforcements you planned as a precaution. The rest of the Stems were then able to change tasks to gathering ore with the rest, and several additional chunks of manarack were collected, and brought up to the village temple for safekeeping.

You instruct the village farmers to begin work on a new field to grow Stems in, it should be ready in two days with a growing capacity of 50 Stems. Speaking of the Stems, you had an idea to reduce their training time significantly...

Locating every existing Stem and seed with your will, you begin to send insinuating waves of Chaos energy into their species, making careful alterations.
With a flash of multicolored light, the spell sinks in quite successfully - the Stems now have genetic memory that should pass down combat skills and training to subsequent generations. This should have the additional benefit of having the skill of the species increase over time, as accumulated knowledge and skills build up.
(1d20 : 10 + ChaosSkill(4) = 14)
-30 Mana

Checking up on Laksus, you find that Tiberius has already arrived at Ravenholt - and is being steadily ignored by the werecreatures. "They just lost interest when I didn't exhibit hostility towards him," Laksus explained. "I think I can teach them not to attack without our go-ahead - might take some time though."
"Take as much time as you need," you tell him, inwardly glad that he'll be occupied during this relatively-peaceful period. "Just don't miss the feast in two days -I'm counting on you and Tiberius to be my trump cards against Krait's champions."
Laksus grinned. "Can't speak for Tiberius, but I won't lose my fights."
Tiberius snorted. "I'm just disappointed I won't get to fight you," he said as he turned to head back to Minas Iroh.

As you move to depart as well, you notice some fresh skeletons scattered around Ravenholt. "What happened here?" you ask Laksus.
"Ah," he said, indicating the shattered skeletons. "Nearly forgot, Maher sent a dozen skeleton warriors here. Nothing we couldn't handle - but I think it was a probe."
"Hmm..." you muse. "In that case, move closer to the village, but avoid people until you've trained your new pack."
"Right," Laksus replied with a nod, and shifted into beast form, moving south as the pack bounded after him.

Back at Minas Iroh, Brunikaar and his mate seemed to have produced two eggs, which the female is ferociously guarding. Additionally, The flamedrake's eggs have hatched, 5 newborns wandering around and snacking on bloodmelons. Last but not least, the child-mages' education continues to progress, Lara's healing tutoring has apparently moved on to healing broken bones and illnesses.

The ore gathered from the underground tunnels continues to accumulate, it seems that the surveyer underestimated how much copper there was underneath the village. Roughly a hundred pounds of copper has been found this far, and fifteen nuggets of manarack - which seems to have almost no weight.

Remembering Edward's request, you give him permission to begin making the fire-nector bombs, provided that he stores them carefully.

Desiring to explore more of the settlements around you, you resolve to visit Aquitaine. There's rather rough and hilly terrain between it and Minas Iroh, but in terms of raw distance it's closer than the Halls of Beard-Vomit.

As you approach, the settlement comes into view - but in terms of size it's almost a city. Water runs in pure streams through aquaducts, and floating lights illuminate every street corner in brilliant shades of blue and white. A series of floating towers hover around the city, but what stands out most is the enormous shrine in the center of Aquitaine. A sense of artful, benevolent beauty underlies nearly everything about the town, from the delicate workmanship put into the architexture of the buildings, to the gentle music issuing from the floating lights.

A presence comes out to meet you as you approach, and a musical, feminine voice greets you.
"Welcome to Aquitaine, newcomer - you must be Donut. I've heard much about Minas Iroh's improved quality of life since your arrival. I am Serena, Goddess of Air, Knowledge, and Light - what are your intentions here?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Warning, while you were typing 63 new replies have been posted"

*Sigh*
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 06:44:20 pm by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: January 20, 2013, 06:46:56 pm »

Haha nice, and good thing we made that OOC thread huh.

Looks like that mole is doing a great job cough cough cough.

Are we going to name the female dragon?
Sure thing peanut man!

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: January 20, 2013, 06:49:58 pm »

Ah, i was wondering when we'd meet a goddess.

Greet her. Befriend her. Seduce her.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 130