Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220891 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1035 on: January 20, 2013, 10:18:33 am »

maybe some sort of Manarack lens array to focus and direct the chaos?

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 20, 2013, 10:19:03 am »

I have an additional proposal;

We:
A. Mine SOME of the Manarack, leaving the rest behind.
B. We create a giant hinged chamber on the bottom of the fortress, lined with Manarack on the inside. We then set this Manarack to produce Chaos energy, held in by the Manarack that created it.
C. When we're in battle and in trouble(or we want to totally screw over something below us) we open the Chaos Chamber and let our accumulated energy twist and mutilate anything below us beyond any recognition.
+1 to this idea. Reminds me of the Planet Cracker ability from SC2.

Sounds similar to my chaos cannon suggestion which I slightly prefer just because we can aim it.

+1 to aiming it.  Or if we want something more predictable we can always make a super flame thrower.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 20, 2013, 10:20:31 am »

New Idea! One that I like very much
Stop all mining and mining negotiations. Mole should dig tunnel to dwarves for trade and kept in reserve as a fighting unit

Instead of mining we should upgrade our fire tree with magical roots that will seek for manarack, so the tree will draw power from the huge manarack deposits, becoming stronger and stronger and generating mana in process. As it linked with the tree in Afterlife that tree should become stronger, too. And all villagers will become more magically capable living near tree like that

+1 the mole isn't very useful on our territory

But I still want ants.......eventually
That shoot fire.....
And build cities....

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 20, 2013, 10:21:00 am »

I think we're adding fireball cannons which is sort of unpredictable.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 20, 2013, 10:22:11 am »

Why not make some form of localized chaos emitter in that case? that way the surrounding area would be protected while not irradiating our village.
Ideally we want it centered on the village and surrounding it without actually irradiating it. Due to the fact we want it centred around the village to prevent other gods attacking directly, we would want to have the emitter there.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 20, 2013, 10:23:17 am »

I think we're adding fireball cannons which is sort of unpredictable.
I was thinking more along the lines of fusion plasma hot as opposed to fireball hot.  We shall scour the land of our enemies down to bedrock.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 20, 2013, 10:24:30 am »

Plasma cannons sound awesome so +1.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 20, 2013, 10:25:27 am »

Why give up the mole? That means it was a waste of mana. Obviously the GM is having no bookkeeping issues, so that's not really a reason for objection. You're worried about safe tunnels...I seriously doubt a five foot wide tunnel is going to end up collapsing the village in on itself. And being circular, it's going to be able to hold it's weight pretty well too.

I don't think our fortress should rely at all on mechanical power and transfer of power. Instead, plants and beasts man it. As some people had suggested, Gourd Trees would go well on it.

Plants are easier to feed, but there's a reason we don't see very fast plants...Plants are sturdy, and reliable, but they are very slow. Our bluemelons and bloodmelons can feed anything we want, so I see nothing wrong with making anything we need.

Don't stop mining. Mole is made for mining. Mole is already mining. And if we want a stable tunnel to the dwarves, ask the dwarves to dig it. That way, it lasts longer, has a smoother floor, and is engraved with pictures of cheese.

Ranger, how would mines damage an ecology? Because I'm pretty sure we're not going to have problems with ecology, considering we can easily expand. Fire allows us to clear out any forest or woods in our way, making room for new growth. We really, really, should have a custom ecosystem by now, where nothing is not our minion.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 20, 2013, 10:28:13 am »

Although I agree with you, too easy to pass up

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Moles would be good for exploratory mining for ores and such, but ants could very well dig a city!

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 20, 2013, 10:29:16 am »

Spec-ops team can get something valuable... information. We need info about army composition, common strategies and fighting styles and see if this Gods of Order hate each other. Also, we don't need to attack supply lines. We attack enemy commander, the people who keep the army organized and in line. Spec-ops teams, can can do a lot more potential damage then a army clashing into each other can.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 20, 2013, 10:33:19 am »

Spec-ops team can get something valuable... information. We need info about army composition, common strategies and fighting styles and see if this Gods of Order hate each other. Also, we don't need to attack supply lines. We attack enemy commander, the people who keep the army organized and in line. Spec-ops teams, can can do a lot more potential damage then a army clashing into each other can.
If we hit their supply lines they suffer from attrition, and they wind up with desertion.  This will weaken them considerably.  Not to mention kill their moral and reduce fighting their efficacy to barely existent, since they'll have no food, little medicine, and not a lot in the way of ammo.  Their cavalry will especially suffer.
Plus we can spread our lovely spore monsters through their ranks with this.
EDIT: Which will allow us to thin their ranks by increasing ours.  How's that for chaos?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:35:37 am by Origami_Psycho »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 20, 2013, 10:35:55 am »

Created an (albeit horribly drawn) diagram of our Fortress. Outer circles are defensive sattelites, and the outermost ring of the Fortress proper is for farming and defensive emplacements to secure the perimeter. The other rings are the city itself, with the innermost part being the temple district. The thing jutting out is the Chaos cannon.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:37:55 am by Remuthra »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 20, 2013, 10:36:05 am »

If we hit their supply lines they suffer from attrition, and they wind up with desertion.  This will weaken them considerably.  Not to mention kill their moral and reduce fighting their efficacy to barely existent, since they'll have no food, little medicine, and not a lot in the way of ammo.  Their cavalry will especially suffer.
Perhaps a subspecies of firejacket that carry spores rather than fire, and nest in the spore trees? Highly mobile, extremely stealthy, and can create absolute chaos.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 20, 2013, 10:36:37 am »

Perhaps a subspecies of firejacket that carry spores rather than fire, and nest in the spore trees? Highly mobile, extremely stealthy, and can create absolute chaos.
+1

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 20, 2013, 10:37:39 am »

Imo, it's plain stupid to mine some of the manarack.. Create a proper mining industry and then stop mining?  It's either\or, both just a bad decision

Stop that jack of all trades approach, use our strengths and concentrate efforts

Mining is not our strength, trees are our strength

All that chaos bombing stuff can be done without manarack AND WE DON'T NEED a nuke bomber. We are in a defensive mode and need fire-support for our  troops, not kill everything below

Be more practical, please, stop that "it sounds cool! +1"
That's how we got that mole

Rolepgeek, only you want play the - let's destroy all life around and make our own creatures instead, don't you see that?

And Mole was a waste of mana, there are some ways to use it, but we had dozens of ways to spend that mana  better ( F.E: improve the afterlife and get +139 mana daily. Or make new fields, or... or.. or... )
Trade it away\make it dog a road is a way to have at least some use for it

And no ants or any new creatures, please.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 130