Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220990 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1125 on: January 20, 2013, 02:09:39 pm »

Why do we need a theme again?
Because it badass.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 20, 2013, 02:12:34 pm »

One; I find making stuff fun
Well, that's personal tastes
Hm I find fun: (in order of importance)
1) Roleplaying a god ( And I like to see our god as a benevolent one, that respects nature and human lives. With some chaotic kinks)
2) Developing an interesting story (many different creatures hurt that, because existing become bland and background. )
3) Involving in politics, making alliances, treaties. Turning our enemies against each other and stuff like that (making creatures without limits will create new enemies)
4) Developing army and economy like in some strategy game ( New creatures is a bad way to develop, there are more effective ones)

Two; It's worked exceedingly well for us in the past.
Then it was needed because we had no other option to defend, now it's better ( more cost efficient)  to develop what we have and use our strengths

.but give Lara a Life boon for healing, so she can teach the kiddies.
Looks like you aren't interested in anything but making new creatures. We did that several turns ago

Give a few others, the first of our followers, minor fire boons
Farming boons are way more important than mostly useless (for economy) fire

It would let other people do too much, and we won't get as much money with it. Instead, sell it as alcohol, a specialized healing solution, a specialized sweetener
We are going in that direction already. But I am not sure that processed fire nectar will sell for better price. It's valued as a way to heal.
I'd prefer agriculture way, not industrial one... Some minor processing is fine, but serious industry  is a wrong direction for our worshipers.

Why do we need a theme again?
Because we want our god to like some theme and have style? That's called roleplay

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 20, 2013, 02:16:33 pm »

Alright, I'd just like to declare that we are now officially a debate group. In less than 24 hours we have created over 10 pages of proposals and counter proposals.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 20, 2013, 02:21:46 pm »

EDIT: We will never have another term, we will just debate what actions should be taken next term from now till Order come.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 20, 2013, 02:26:23 pm »

Yep. Order has slowed time around Corrupter, lengthening the time between updates.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 20, 2013, 02:29:35 pm »

Floooooooders :)

I did my final suggestion few turns back and just try to shot down things I dislike.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 20, 2013, 02:37:27 pm »

Alright, I'd just like to declare that we are now officially a debate group. In less than 24 hours we have created over 10 pages of proposals and counter proposals.
Mind if I sig this?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 20, 2013, 02:39:18 pm »

Not at all.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 20, 2013, 02:44:40 pm »

Who else thinks of the Fungus Spawn like Flood?

Or perhaps the question should be... When do the fungus spawn form a gravemind?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 20, 2013, 02:46:07 pm »

YES. That is what they first reminded me of.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 20, 2013, 02:52:08 pm »

Why not modify the fungus thingy so it can grey-goo the Order lackeys?  When it's done we just burn it out with a massive armada of flying infection control satellites/fortresses.  Call 'em anti-bodies or something.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 02:55:12 pm by Origami_Psycho »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 20, 2013, 02:56:19 pm »

Oh, and here's my suggestions for mana use for now:
1. Castle
2. Afterlife
3. Save, if there's any left over
4. Give more boons to the population ( I think that 10 farmers can boost our village greatly. We need more farming plots
5. don't mind improving the tree if we go no mining route:P
...Why would we need to spend mana to mine? The mole's already doing it?

Oh, and afterlife needs a detailed plan, not generic - improve the afterlife... and should wait till the next update
1. I barely even remember what the afterlife is. Some kind of forest? Couldn't we make it bigger so it houses more people?
2. Why? The sooner the better. Invest mana now, bigger payback later.

I also think Eldrick can stop raising new mushroom houses, and instead just grow stems and other crops.
Fine by me.

I know you guys are all for a massive floating castle that's invincible, which is great in theory and all, but. I think we just need to build a large wall around the village, and then some storehouses, and we can start stockpiling provisions we'll need during a siege. By the way, I'm not opposed to the floating castle, but a ground castle is easier to maintain, and we can make it far larger than one that we intend to float.
We can do both, you know. It's just...we're doing the flyer first, because that's what we discussed with Krait.
And we can probably expand the flying castle with creative use of new Life.

Yay!

...Why would the spawn be like a flood?

Why not modify the fungus thingy so it can grey-goo the Order lackeys?  When it's done we just burn it out with a massive armada of flying infection control satellites/fortresses.  Call 'em anti-bodies or something.
Sounds like a possibility, but I'd rather modify the fungus than the spawn. And not expect too much of them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 20, 2013, 02:59:55 pm »

Before I suggested we should build plant towers that can serve as hiveminds for the plant soldiers and fungus spawn and can direct them when we aren't around so that's kind of similar.

Just thinking but instead of making new creatures, we might just be able to give our current plant based soldiers the ability to morph into new specialized shapes for special roles.

Also maybe we should combine our plant soldiers and the fungus spawn into one species capable of growing from spores or from seeds.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:02:29 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 20, 2013, 03:01:12 pm »

...Why would the spawn be like a flood?
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Flood
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 20, 2013, 03:05:12 pm »

I would be more for keeping the two separate. In any case, they are entirely different things. The fungus spawn are the bodies of other creatures, being infested and parasitically controlled by the Corruption Fungus. The plant soldiers are essentially growable mini-ents.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 130