Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220922 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1020 on: January 20, 2013, 09:47:20 am »

On the subject of artifacts, we should make the Sword of Chaos at some point.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 20, 2013, 09:48:33 am »

Maybe we can make a mana cannon?  Kill 'em all with pure mana?
Is that even possible GM?  Or would that just charge up all of our enemies?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 20, 2013, 09:54:30 am »

New Idea! One that I like very much
Stop all mining and mining negotiations. Mole should dig tunnel to dwarves for trade and kept in reserve as a fighting unit

Instead of mining we should upgrade our fire tree with magical roots that will seek for manarack, so the tree will draw power from the huge manarack deposits, becoming stronger and stronger and generating mana in process. As it linked with the tree in Afterlife that tree should become stronger, too. And all villagers will become more magically capable living near tree like that

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 20, 2013, 09:56:13 am »

Quick question to the posters; are we planning on using the Manarack inside the fortress?
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 20, 2013, 09:57:09 am »

I believe so.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 20, 2013, 09:57:50 am »

Yeah but if we don't extract the manarack then we can't make stuff out of it, which more or less negates the entire idea of being on top of a manarack deposit.  It gives us a considerable advantage in the long run, especially in this war, and right now we need all the advantages we can get.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 20, 2013, 10:01:34 am »

My final, combined suggestion

After we make the fortress, expanding afterlife and making some guardians for it is a must. But let's make the update fortress only

So the project

My vision
1) It's a fortress of chaos gods, so no Urist's territory on it, he is just doing us a favor (By the way, don't forget to boost his farming for month, like we promised)
2) Weight is important, we should ask to use to use lighter materials and lighter construction when possible, explain that thing will fly
3) No high tech, please. (lasers, computers, internal combustion engines and the like) That's a metagame and breaks fantasy setting for me
4) Instead it should be armed  with catapults, balisatas,  mechanical rapid fire crossbows and so on
5) There are should be empty(potentially manarack empowered)  central place to be filled with chaos energies , similar to the everburning tree, but suppressing order magic
6) Furnaces to smelt weapons is good, too. As any other workshops. Especially ones that use fire
7) Like 35% of the fortress should have fertile soil, for our plant based defenders\food production
8) It need to have a nest for dragons, to lay eggs here
9) Windmills to power various mechanics ( that's not high tech, that's dwarven)
10) Several huge propellers somewhere (either muscule powered or using mechanical power from the windmills)
11) Nests for various snakes and other animals
12) Ability to host... hmmm.. 500 civilians?

Yes, we should start more plots with saps. Or more precisely   - our villagers should expand agriculture, including raising more saps

We had some inferior crops, like cotton that  we don't need with spider silk, those can be removed after the first harvest, but more plots are needed... Let's use the worforce. And I propose to give 10 minor farming boons to boost our agriculture, we can allow ourself 20 mana daily

Plants should be our focus, IMO... They are much easier to feed then any other troops

And last for more long term stuff
New Idea! One that I like very much
Stop all mining and mining negotiations. Mole should dig tunnel to dwarves for trade and kept in reserve as a fighting unit

Instead of mining we should upgrade our fire tree with magical roots that will seek for manarack, so the tree will draw power from the huge manarack deposits, becoming stronger and stronger and generating mana in process. As it linked with the tree in Afterlife that tree should become stronger, too. And all villagers will become more magically capable living near tree like that

Just consider that, we don't rely on mechanisms and metal weapons, we really on the plants and natural creations, then why extract Manarack if we can use it where it is now? Stronger tree = more firejackets, and that's a base of our military and economy
Stronger tree = life area = bonus to raising troops

And roots are way easier than mining operation. And no damage to ecology
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:04:40 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 20, 2013, 10:02:29 am »

I don't think we can just make a mana cannon but I had suggested building a giant chaos cannon.

Yes to ingraining natural combat skills for our plants.

For the moles, keep in mind we only made one.  It doesn't have a mate and thus won't reproduce if we don't want it to.  That said, let's give it a chance.  Have it start digging around for metals and if we have problems with the tunnels collapsing or whatever than we'll stop and see about working with the dwarves.  If it does work than great, no harm done.  Also, the mole shouldn't work alone.  Send down some saps with it to smooth out the tunnels, keep things clean and organized, carry out the metals and stabilize the tunnels if necessary.  We could probably use plant materials for support, like giant roots that wrap around the tunnels and keep them from collapsing.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 20, 2013, 10:03:54 am »

AS WELL AS mining we should upgrade our fire tree with magical roots that will seek for manarack, so the tree will draw power from the huge manarack deposits, becoming stronger and stronger and generating mana in process. As it linked with the tree in Afterlife that tree should become stronger, too. And all villagers will become more magically capable living near tree like that.

+1
I'm going to propose we then do the chaos field from the tree....... Protection from direct attacks anyone? Not all gods will play as nice as Maher.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 20, 2013, 10:06:27 am »

No chaos field, chaos is a dangerous energy and will cause random mutations in the town. Something we don't want

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 20, 2013, 10:07:39 am »

I have an additional proposal;

We:
A. Mine SOME of the Manarack, leaving the rest behind.
B. We create a giant hinged chamber on the bottom of the fortress, lined with Manarack on the inside. We then set this Manarack to produce Chaos energy, held in by the Manarack that created it.
C. When we're in battle and in trouble(or we want to totally screw over something below us) we open the Chaos Chamber and let our accumulated energy twist and mutilate anything below us beyond any recognition.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 20, 2013, 10:09:27 am »

We:
B. We create a giant hinged chamber on the bottom of the fortress, lined with Manarack on the inside. We then set this Manarack to produce Chaos energy, held in by the Manarack that created it.
C. When we're in battle and in trouble(or we want to totally screw over something below us) we open the Chaos Chamber and let our accumulated energy twist and mutilate anything below us beyond any recognition.
+1 to this idea. Reminds me of the Planet Cracker ability from SC2.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 20, 2013, 10:10:21 am »

Perhaps localised to the surrounding forest? Like a sort of bubble...... The forest already has fungus spawn, giant spiders, aggressive trees, possibly werewolves soon..... why not a little chaos?

We:
+1 to this too
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 20, 2013, 10:15:11 am »

Why not make some form of localized chaos emitter in that case? that way the surrounding area would be protected while not irradiating our village.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 20, 2013, 10:16:30 am »

We:
+1 to this idea. Reminds me of the Planet Cracker ability from SC2.

Sounds similar to my chaos cannon suggestion which I slightly prefer just because we can aim it.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 130