Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220830 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #225 on: January 07, 2013, 08:31:11 pm »

Animating trees get my vote
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 07, 2013, 09:35:07 pm »

As much as the flamethrower symbiotes sound awesome...ENTS.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 07, 2013, 09:35:28 pm »

+1 for Ents

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 07, 2013, 09:45:49 pm »

Add flamethrowers on Ents later.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 07, 2013, 09:49:31 pm »

Watch and giggle as they burn eachother to death.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 07, 2013, 09:50:28 pm »

Watch and giggle as they burn eachother to death.
Just add waterthrowers.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 07, 2013, 09:58:28 pm »

Wait! Don't make the ents yet. We wait for the skeletons and zombies and shit to arrive. THEN we make the ents. We'll have more power to do so with, and we can make sure none escape to trouble us later...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 07, 2013, 09:59:22 pm »

I like the trees.
Trees.
Ents!
Good, good...time for some time-granting measures. Chaos and Life shall help to make a treacherous, winding, and often needles set of paths to slow down the enemy's approach.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As the combat-capable train for war, Azula practices flinging firebolts, and Eldrick slowly but surely improves the wall, you have both time and mana to burn before nightfall.

Seeking to hinder the enemy's approach, you zoom your awareness along to attempt to find roads and paths connecting Minas Iroh to Ravenholt. Surprisingly, there are none - the only road connected to Minas Iroh leads to Ceres.

Oh well, you'll just have to improvise. You reach for Life and Chaos, and send a penetrating pulse of energy into the trees surrounding the village in a mile radius, the light and fleshy-gurgling sound that ensued momentarily halting all training as everyone stopped to stare, wondering what new miracle or horror had just been created.

You extend your awareness to the affected trees, and watch with fascination as thousands of slits opened on each tree like the slash of a dagger, before widening into blood-red eyes. Veins of every shade of red and green grew to crisscross the bark of the trees, and odd holes opened around some of the eyes, spaced unevenly away from it but in groups of 3-5.. One particular group of trees' new eyes swiveled as one to stare unblinkingly at a hunting party of five orcs passing through the very edge of the affected area.

Before you realize that this was a recipe for disaster, one tree starts to quiver and quake, and the holes facing the orcs belched forth a dozen tiny projectiles - you observe more closely and find them to be clusters of spores. The other trees in range swiftly followed suit, and the orcs began futilely attempting to dodge the hail of spores.

"Run, run like an elf army!" one orc bellowed heroically, and took off in a dead sprint. Unfortunately for him, the direction he chose was deeper into the corrupted forest. His comrades followed suit, plucking spore clusters off of themselves along with generous servings of skin as they ran. The barrage continued, and you watch as a strange fungus seemed to be spreading across the orcs' flesh.

One by one the orcs slowed and then toppled to the ground, as the infestation covered them completely. But they didn't stay that way. In a matter of seconds, they quivered and rose, a small cloud of spores emanating from them. Silently and with a surprisingly fast lope, they began aimlessly wandering among the trees.

(1d20 : 8 + LifeSkill(2) + ChaosSkill(2) = 12, Life Skill has increased! I made a little table to determine the ensuing characteristics of the mutated trees - eyes and mutagenic fungas, lucky lucky. Not so lucky on the 1d3 roll to determine their alignment, they're hostile to EVERYTHING instead of neutral or friend-or-foe-differentiated. However, you could certainly try to change that if you wished later with another spell.)

You ponder this new development. Well, on the brightside Maher's forces are going to have a hell of a time getting through now. On the not-so-bright side, Grumugga might be a little miffed if she figures out what happened. Then again, this is Grumugga we're talking about so you might be in the clear. Also...

You hurridly project your voice to all worshippers. "I highly advise staying out of the forest for the time being," you tell them. "Er, to be specific, be wary around the trees, do not get too close." You speak just in time to stop a pair of woodcutters from entering the forest (1d3 = 3). The announcement is met with a mixture of puzzlement and apprehension, but by now they trust you enough to heed your words. Word is passed to the priest and baker, the only two not worshipping you in the village.

An hour later, as the moon first showed its face in the darkening sky, you sense some of the corrupted trees firing at something. Your awareness snaps to the spot, and you find yourself staring down at a seemingly-endless line of skeletons and zombies, marching across the border into your territory. A silky chuckle echoes through the dark, twisted woods, and you hear Maher's voice whisper, "And so it begins."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:51:33 pm by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 07, 2013, 10:00:25 pm »

Wait! Don't make the ents yet. We wait for the skeletons and zombies and shit to arrive. THEN we make the ents. We'll have more power to do so with, and we can make sure none escape to trouble us later...
Argh, of course I don't see this until I finish the post >.<

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2013, 10:08:55 pm »

This ought to be fun...

Hehehehe...Make the trees able to burn without being burnt. Light them all on fire. Simple, awesome, effective.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 07, 2013, 10:17:02 pm »

This seems just a little one sided. I say we use magic to piss off the ents, and send them at the army.
And remember, we can't cast spells directly on/at them. I say we also send out some of the fire jackets to his priests.
Then maybe make a forest maze to confuse the unled undead.

Oh, and later on, we should try animating some animal bones with blue fire, then sending them at our enemies our hand at more genesis. I'm thinking super crops.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:22:33 pm by Koliup »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 07, 2013, 10:29:58 pm »

This ought to be fun...

Hehehehe...Make the trees able to burn without being burnt. Light them all on fire. Simple, awesome, effective.
Also make them less...omnicidal.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 07, 2013, 10:33:05 pm »

This ought to be fun...

We're Chaos! MORE OMNICIDE. THEN MAKE LIFE TO REPLACE THE LIFE THAT WAS KILLED THEN WIPE OUT THAT LIFE TOO. CIRCLE OF LIFE BITCH.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 08, 2013, 12:42:37 am »

That was a mile radius worth of trees you just corrupted, the ending stats show a grand total of 1 mana left. However, you can of course command existing minions. And your worshippers.
This ought to be fun...

We're Chaos! MORE OMNICIDE. THEN MAKE LIFE TO REPLACE THE LIFE THAT WAS KILLED THEN WIPE OUT THAT LIFE TOO. CIRCLE OF LIFE BITCH.
Roflmao, goood...

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 08, 2013, 03:25:47 am »

Order our worshippers in battle stations.

Rolepgeek why? I'm no elves. I like trees for their many uses like fire and war.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 130