Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220726 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #195 on: January 06, 2013, 12:23:17 pm »

Sword of Chaos? A large, jagged, black blade with cracks of constantly changing color. When it hits, it corrupts whatever it strikes with chaos causing any number of ill effects. Sorta like a more violent Wabbajack.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 06, 2013, 12:31:22 pm »

Sword of Chaos? A large, jagged, black blade with cracks of constantly changing color. When it hits, it corrupts whatever it strikes with chaos causing any number of ill effects. Sorta like a more violent Wabbajack.
Sound good.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 06, 2013, 02:03:22 pm »

Artifacts, unlike Boons, have no upkeep but rather a huge upfront cost instead. Something as powerful as that would definitely take more than 28 mana, unfortunately.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 06, 2013, 02:04:42 pm »

So only the other two.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 06, 2013, 02:25:54 pm »

We need Mana... We need  rituals that grant this

Human sacrifices are good, but not very well suited  for the life god. Anything except willing self sacrifice is out of the question

So, what should our cultists  do to boost our mana output?

Burning down something valuable? (Fire)
Tantric sex? (Life)
Tantric wild sex orgies? (Life + Chaos)

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2013, 02:26:32 pm »

>.> Let's focus on surviving. I don't think any of our follower's have real military training yet anyway, so they'd as likely hit themselves as their target...
Meanwhile, maybe we should start organized military drills? Having them work together and all? It's a small community, so they probably have to work together a lot just to survive, anyway(should be used to it). 25 people should train, learning to fight and march in the following formations;

Skirmish; they have a few yards between each of them, enough so they stretch around the village behind the thorn wall, and can support each other in an emergency.
Rank; Fighting in three ranks, about 8 people in each with one person in a fourth watching to see what's going on and what needs be adjusted.
Last Stand; 5x5 formation with a small gap in the center for two people. Fighting on all sides in case everything goes to hell.

Weapons should start being crafted by the village smith, converting hoes and other long-handled implements into spears with broad points. Clubs and the like should be easy to find, but spears will keep our foes back long enough for Tiberius McBadass to get over and help. Plus, easy to use, comparatively; these people should be pretty strong from back-breaking farm work, and it's mostly just 'thrust the pointy bit at them, don't hit your friends. It'd be nice for them to be around seven to eight feet long, to give them plenty of room. And everyone should have a short weapon too, in case they get too close.

We can use fire to help smith craft the weapons. Azula and Eldrick should try to work together to help fortify the wall and make fire-flowers or something.

And we need at least one lightning rod. Is there a tower of fountain of some sort in the village?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2013, 02:28:29 pm »

We need Mana... We need  rituals that grant this

Human sacrifices are good, but not very well suited  for the life god. Anything except willing self sacrifice is out of the question

So, what should our cultists  do to boost our mana output?

Burning down something valuable? (Fire)
Tantric sex? (Life)
Tantric wild sex orgies? (Life + Chaos)
Ever heard of churches. They got this thing know as praying.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 06, 2013, 02:30:11 pm »

Praying is good, rituals are even better.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 06, 2013, 02:33:46 pm »

Hmmm...perform rituals to get mana...

Or figure out a way to defend our followers so they can perform ritual's to get mana later...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 06, 2013, 03:12:51 pm »

>.> Let's focus on surviving. I don't think any of our follower's have real military training yet anyway, so they'd as likely hit themselves as their target...
Meanwhile, maybe we should start organized military drills? Having them work together and all? It's a small community, so they probably have to work together a lot just to survive, anyway(should be used to it). 25 people should train, learning to fight and march in the following formations;

Skirmish; they have a few yards between each of them, enough so they stretch around the village behind the thorn wall, and can support each other in an emergency.
Rank; Fighting in three ranks, about 8 people in each with one person in a fourth watching to see what's going on and what needs be adjusted.
Last Stand; 5x5 formation with a small gap in the center for two people. Fighting on all sides in case everything goes to hell.

Weapons should start being crafted by the village smith, converting hoes and other long-handled implements into spears with broad points. Clubs and the like should be easy to find, but spears will keep our foes back long enough for Tiberius McBadass to get over and help. Plus, easy to use, comparatively; these people should be pretty strong from back-breaking farm work, and it's mostly just 'thrust the pointy bit at them, don't hit your friends. It'd be nice for them to be around seven to eight feet long, to give them plenty of room. And everyone should have a short weapon too, in case they get too close.

We can use fire to help smith craft the weapons. Azula and Eldrick should try to work together to help fortify the wall and make fire-flowers or something.

And we need at least one lightning rod. Is there a tower of fountain of some sort in the village?
+1

I feel like I'm intruding by starting to participate a little late.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 06, 2013, 03:14:02 pm »

So only the other two.
Or tone down on their power. Or only make one. Or skip it for now.

And yeah, once we're not under attack let's make a church.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 06, 2013, 03:40:31 pm »

I feel like I'm intruding by starting to participate a little late.
The more the merrier (and the more chaotic)!
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 06, 2013, 06:25:41 pm »

Incense burning should be Life+Fire.

Morning prayers at dawn when the sun is rising is also kind of Fire.

For chaos, that could be in the church design. But chaos can be pretty, too  ;D

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 06, 2013, 06:33:11 pm »

Or chaos could be muttering random syllables. Therefore, a fairly simple ritual would be burning insence while muttering random syllables.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 06, 2013, 06:37:19 pm »

Or while someone plays random notes on the pipe organ we are inevitably going to have. Or any instrument. The more the merrier!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 130