Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 981 982 [983] 984 985 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862945 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #14730 on: November 20, 2014, 10:44:28 am »

No FEMA camps where setup before everything was completely doomed. The refugee camps are put together by people like who who survived the end.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14731 on: November 20, 2014, 10:46:03 am »

If you mean FEMA camps, its a 3x3 section of blue #'s

Not FEMA, they're asking about the new Refugee Centers.
They're several tiles of white +'s on a dark background that reminded me of a big # symbol, and don't spawn near towns that I remember.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14732 on: November 20, 2014, 11:12:57 am »

They're several tiles of white +'s on a dark background that reminded me of a big # symbol, and don't spawn near towns that I remember.

Shortly after they were added, I've seen one near a settlement. It was not a full-sized city, mind you, more like a village, but it had houses and miscellaneous places (IIRC, it had a Dojo, too).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14733 on: November 20, 2014, 01:33:36 pm »

Shortly after they were added, I've seen one near a settlement. It was not a full-sized city, mind you, more like a village, but it had houses and miscellaneous places (IIRC, it had a Dojo, too).

Thank you for all your replies.  When I scroll over it does it actually say "Refugee Center"?  I've restarted about 50 times to try to find one on the starting map but no luck.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14734 on: November 20, 2014, 01:45:58 pm »

Thank you for all your replies.  When I scroll over it does it actually say "Refugee Center"?  I've restarted about 50 times to try to find one on the starting map but no luck.
Yes it does, its a 2x2 map size thingy with capital R if i remember right and its a gold mine specially car wise.... i found 2 buses, 2 cop car and 3-4 other cap one of them was a hippy van, ALL IN WORKING ORDER!!. And the outside is heavily barricaded and protected. Sadly i was playing with the horde spawning.... made too much noise around my base and well... they bashed they way in as i didnt have time to setup traps yet.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14735 on: November 20, 2014, 07:00:02 pm »

Oh god.

Bio-Operators.

A character with 10 Melee and 200+ zed kills shot one in the face with an MP5, but a spray of 9mm bullets didn't really phase it. So I pulled out my Steel Spear and, after one attack, died horribly. These things apparently stun you like Shockers do, but also have fancy melee throws that can stun you for even longer and have enough armor to shrug off point-blank burst fire. I'm just glad that they don't seem to be normal zed spawns; I've only seen three, two near military corpse spawns and the one that killed me in a lab.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14736 on: November 20, 2014, 07:09:06 pm »

Yeah, the emergency jacket is there for shower victims, etc whose shelter spawns 10+ tiles away from the nearest house and who need something to prevent frostbite.  It's supposed to be Cheap Crap.

Oh god.

Bio-Operators.

A character with 10 Melee and 200+ zed kills shot one in the face with an MP5, but a spray of 9mm bullets didn't really phase it. So I pulled out my Steel Spear and, after one attack, died horribly. These things apparently stun you like Shockers do, but also have fancy melee throws that can stun you for even longer and have enough armor to shrug off point-blank burst fire. I'm just glad that they don't seem to be normal zed spawns; I've only seen three, two near military corpse spawns and the one that killed me in a lab.

ooops.  They have the shocker's ZAPBACK defensive capability as well as that lovely CQC takedown.  The steel spear was about the worst possible choice there.

Bionic operators are a cross between the shocker and the soldier zeds, with all the bionic armor.  Two point-blank shotgun blasts are usually enough, and if you're in melee, I'd recommend Judo or something nonconductive (the Louisville Slaughterer might be a good option if you're OK with flaming weapons).

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14737 on: November 20, 2014, 07:12:20 pm »

So even in death the zombies can remember the basics of CQC?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14738 on: November 20, 2014, 07:14:43 pm »

Yeah, my main problem was that I didn't know they could zap me like a shocker. I only had the spear on me, so my best bet was probably to keep kiting it through furniture and shoot it a few more times.

So even in death the zombies can remember the basics of CQC?

The combat log said stuff like "The zombie mechanically grabs you," so it seems that the ooze can inherit muscle memory from its host bodies.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14739 on: November 20, 2014, 07:53:33 pm »

Or a more literal interpretation of mechanically where the soldier had a CBM which automated such self defense.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14740 on: November 20, 2014, 09:12:28 pm »

Fun fact: There are atleast two recipes that are, to all intents and purposes, identical, baring that one is for blueberries alone and the other is for general fruits...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14741 on: November 20, 2014, 09:16:49 pm »

Or a more literal interpretation of mechanically where the soldier had a CBM which automated such self defense.
Yeah, IIRC the idea is that bio operators still have a semi-functioning CQC bionic inside of them that is influencing their combat styles.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14742 on: November 20, 2014, 09:17:45 pm »

Fun fact: There are atleast two recipes that are, to all intents and purposes, identical, baring that one is for blueberries alone and the other is for general fruits...

Because blueberries are better. Come on.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14743 on: November 20, 2014, 10:05:53 pm »

I think I know what you're talking about, but if it's the preserves, it's not just for blueberries. Fruits and berries seem to be separated, despite the fact that they both make the same end product.
Nothing important here, move along.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14744 on: November 20, 2014, 10:06:53 pm »

Not preserves, just cooked fruit/blueberries.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 981 982 [983] 984 985 ... 1086