Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861072 times)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #12420 on: July 07, 2014, 08:16:30 pm »

Anyone have any details on how albino works exactly? I know an umbrella blocks the sun for them, but can they layer clothes to block out the sun or do only certain clothes block it or does a certain encumbrance level block it or what?

Playing an Albino Bionic assassin currently with all the sneaky traits, and I can basically just whip out my blades and murder everything fast enough that sun pain hardly matters, but it'd still be good to know.

EDIT: Also, bleeding seems weird. Get hit by skeleton, start bleeding, hurry and dice skeletons jeans into rags to stop bleeding, end bleeding at pink torso health, after 8 lose blood messages. From bright green torso health.

Think I figured out what killed my character when their axe got stuck in a skeleton.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 08:33:40 pm by Kaitol »

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12421 on: July 07, 2014, 09:08:15 pm »

Anyone have any details on how albino works exactly? I know an umbrella blocks the sun for them, but can they layer clothes to block out the sun or do only certain clothes block it or does a certain encumbrance level block it or what?

Playing an Albino Bionic assassin currently with all the sneaky traits, and I can basically just whip out my blades and murder everything fast enough that sun pain hardly matters, but it'd still be good to know.

EDIT: Also, bleeding seems weird. Get hit by skeleton, start bleeding, hurry and dice skeletons jeans into rags to stop bleeding, end bleeding at pink torso health, after 8 lose blood messages. From bright green torso health.

Think I figured out what killed my character when their axe got stuck in a skeleton.

Albinism needs rain-protecting gear to block the sun.  Fairly straightforward to code, and I know folks IRL who use umbrellas to keep the sun off.

Bleeding may well be Bugged like Blind/Glare, but it's also not a trivial source of damage.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12422 on: July 07, 2014, 09:09:47 pm »

I knew a person allergic to sun in High School. Poor fellow had to go around in a hooded jacket and gloves when outside, even on the hottest days.

His family have a greenhouse based gardening business too. That's just unfortunate.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12423 on: July 07, 2014, 09:21:59 pm »

Cauterize your wounds, the pain is very high but it'll stop bleeding immediately almost every time and has the bonus side effect of curing infections if you happen to have them (this is just a chance I think). Also use bash weapons against skeletons :P

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12424 on: July 07, 2014, 10:37:42 pm »

The permanent effects are a derp I derped, in the process of fixing it now.
Thanks for reporting.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12425 on: July 08, 2014, 04:45:21 am »

The permanent effects are a derp I derped, in the process of fixing it now.
Thanks for reporting.
Are you talking about the stunning problem? I got stunned and I stayed that way until I died. I tried debug-spawning royal jelly and some other meds, thinking it was a disease effect but it wasn't.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12426 on: July 08, 2014, 10:51:45 am »

I found a survivor's map, and tourist guide. Both of which are a lot more useful than I'd thought they would be O_O

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12427 on: July 08, 2014, 11:11:23 am »

Farms are neat. Plenty of food, seeds, tools, barbed wire, and a water pump. I've taken to adding a layer of fortification to one by placing a line of flammable wood in a ring around the farm, to ignite in case of a zombie horde attack. Next step is a double-line of pits around the fire ring, preferably spiked. Last step is a loudspeaker system to play Ring of Fire when everything starts burning.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12428 on: July 08, 2014, 01:08:10 pm »

Actually, you can't use a welding rig to weld vehicles.

Kinda stupid, really.

odd i've never had  problem with using them to make and repair vehicles.
Indeed the only thing they cant do is weld them selfs on to something.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12429 on: July 08, 2014, 04:00:37 pm »

I never had an issue with them either.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12430 on: July 08, 2014, 05:35:47 pm »

Getting held up by NPC's is hilarious as a bionic assassin. Tell me to drop my rapier all you want assholes *extends monomolecular blades and shanks a bitch*

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12431 on: July 08, 2014, 09:48:49 pm »

The best scheme I've hatched since I started this character.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12432 on: July 08, 2014, 09:58:54 pm »

How did you get so many canisters?

Or did you just reuse the same one?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12433 on: July 08, 2014, 10:02:05 pm »

I have three of them, I used those three to create the initial blobs and then began making more goo canisters as the blobs killed each other. Essentially a self replicating army.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12434 on: July 09, 2014, 12:58:55 pm »

I have three of them, I used those three to create the initial blobs and then began making more goo canisters as the blobs killed each other. Essentially a self replicating army.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 1086