Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861863 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.A "Kaufman" released!
« Reply #11220 on: March 27, 2014, 12:51:21 am »

I like the rail mounted crossbow. Because you can put it on a sawnoff Saiga and just feel super badass. Also, what do you need to read to craft that? :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11221 on: March 27, 2014, 01:48:59 am »

I've got a few questions, if I may:

How do I reload the vehicle-mounted guns?
I'm sure it's been asked about a gazillion times already, but I can't seem to find the answer.

I was sitting in my car reading some books, cooking a steak every now and then. All of a sudden I notice my kitchen unit(together with the roof and a solar panel on the same tile) is broken. Other parts around somewhat less damaged. I wasn't paying attention to the messages, as these are always spammed by various sounds and shit(my dear broken bionics), so I missed when that happened.
I've no idea what it was. Can a kitchen unit or a solar panel explode spontaneously? Are there falling meteors in the game?
When I drove away, there were two rows of 3-tile wide rubble around where my kitchen was located.

Is it a feature to be able to
Spoiler: mine shaft (click to show/hide)

It's more of a bug than a question: I can't use any of my bionics assigned to letter 'k' for some reason. I can reassign the bionic to other letters, but whatever is under 'k' can't be activated or even examined.

I'm using the development build from a few days ago:
cataclysmdda-0.A-2014-03-21_07-26-36

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11222 on: March 27, 2014, 01:56:55 am »

Since people are talking about both I guess now would be the best time to ask. My current character has a glittering napkin. I know it provides some attention and that is fun, what else does it do? Also I am unfamiliar with the latest in mutation, where can I read up on how they work now?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11223 on: March 27, 2014, 04:29:43 am »

I've got a few questions, if I may:

How do I reload the vehicle-mounted guns?
I'm sure it's been asked about a gazillion times already, but I can't seem to find the answer.

I was sitting in my car reading some books, cooking a steak every now and then. All of a sudden I notice my kitchen unit(together with the roof and a solar panel on the same tile) is broken. Other parts around somewhat less damaged. I wasn't paying attention to the messages, as these are always spammed by various sounds and shit(my dear broken bionics), so I missed when that happened.
I've no idea what it was. Can a kitchen unit or a solar panel explode spontaneously? Are there falling meteors in the game?
When I drove away, there were two rows of 3-tile wide rubble around where my kitchen was located.

Is it a feature to be able to
Spoiler: mine shaft (click to show/hide)

It's more of a bug than a question: I can't use any of my bionics assigned to letter 'k' for some reason. I can reassign the bionic to other letters, but whatever is under 'k' can't be activated or even examined.

I'm using the development build from a few days ago:
cataclysmdda-0.A-2014-03-21_07-26-36

1) Drop ammo on the turret's tile; capital D for Drop in a Direction.

2) Not really sure, would have to see the action to know.  Possibly an artifact result, freak mapgen thing, someone same along and smashed it, could be a lot really.  Pay attention next time, I guess?

3) Been possible since 02Feb and I wrote the wiki page on the practice.  If you can avoid being perma-paralyzed and have the damage output to consistently kill 'em all in the time limit, more artifacts to you.  Hoping you find some you'll actually use.

4) "k" is a movement key so is reserved; I thought we fixed that.  Huh.  Gonna ask you to update just to be sure.  If it's still a problem, PM me and I'll file an issue; if you'd rather file it yourself, feel free.

As for Akhier's glittering napkin, those are randomized.  If you can activate it or wield it, do so and note the results; it may make fires go out faster, as that's the only passive effect I see listed that you wouldn't find out about immediately.  Wiki's getting updated, but if you've specific questions, I'll answer 'em.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #11224 on: March 27, 2014, 08:38:10 am »

Psh, pnumatic assault rifle si the way to go, silent, uses PEBBLES as ammo, and easily kills zombies.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11225 on: March 27, 2014, 10:14:04 am »

Psh, pnumatic assault rifle si the way to go, silent, uses PEBBLES as ammo, and easily kills zombies.
And has 18 volume.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11226 on: March 27, 2014, 10:17:41 am »

And has 18 volume.
Which doesn't really matter as long as you're wielding it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #11227 on: March 27, 2014, 11:56:03 am »

Maybe a bear? I've seen them randomly trash some stuff, get bored, and wander off before.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11228 on: March 27, 2014, 01:29:20 pm »

And has 18 volume.
Which doesn't really matter as long as you're wielding it.

Until you get swarmed and need to switch to a melee weapon, but can't because your inventory is full. Or need to carry something huge like a jerrycan of gasoline. But yes, if you don't need to switch weapons often, it is pretty good. I don't like how cheap it feels, but to each his own.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11229 on: March 27, 2014, 01:49:14 pm »

It feels a little less cheap if you limit yourself to firing only bearings from it instead of just pebbles.  In order to mass produce bearings you need a whole forge setup making it more late game than just smack two rocks together to make a little under a dozen perfectly viable pebbles.

Actually does ammo have any way to influence a gun's malfunction rate?  Pebbles might seem a bit less cheap if they had a high probability of jamming your gun.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11230 on: March 27, 2014, 02:43:33 pm »

So, partway through reading "The Art and Science of Chemical Warfare", my current character (attempting to imitate the old Drug Dealer profession combined with an old guy) got too sad to read.

I still have no clue how to make a pistol crossbow, which sounds AWESOME.

Gourmand trait. Add 50% happiness to food. Eat a handful of cookies and suddenly it doesn't matter that you're the last human alive, it's pouring rain, and you just gutted half a dozen undead pre-schoolers like fish, it's a good day.

Edit: I think you need either Bowyer's Buddy or Fletcher's Friend to get the crossbow schematics. Just FYI.

Bowyer's Buddy, which I have.

I was trying to get my fabrication up to nine.

Either way, I need a spring. Toy hunting time!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11231 on: March 27, 2014, 03:23:40 pm »

So, partway through reading "The Art and Science of Chemical Warfare", my current character (attempting to imitate the old Drug Dealer profession combined with an old guy) got too sad to read.

I still have no clue how to make a pistol crossbow, which sounds AWESOME.

Gourmand trait. Add 50% happiness to food. Eat a handful of cookies and suddenly it doesn't matter that you're the last human alive, it's pouring rain, and you just gutted half a dozen undead pre-schoolers like fish, it's a good day.

Edit: I think you need either Bowyer's Buddy or Fletcher's Friend to get the crossbow schematics. Just FYI.

Bowyer's Buddy, which I have.

I was trying to get my fabrication up to nine.

Either way, I need a spring. Toy hunting time!
Bear traps have them. I also seem them around wreckages a lot.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11232 on: March 27, 2014, 04:07:47 pm »

We need a recipe for springs, there is never enough crossbow traps. (Or Gunz-Rustungs loaded at your door, those things are awesome)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11233 on: March 27, 2014, 06:07:29 pm »

What we really need are mininuke mines. And then we gen a world with 50 monster density, and put about 80 of said mines around the shelter. FUN!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11234 on: March 27, 2014, 08:26:22 pm »

Has anyone else regularly checked the "factions" page? Some of that stuff is hilarious in a DF sort of way.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 1086