Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861764 times)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.A "Kaufman" released!
« Reply #11205 on: March 25, 2014, 09:08:25 pm »

How do you get electronic scrap? Apparently it's needed for lightstrips now.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11206 on: March 25, 2014, 09:14:55 pm »

How do you get electronic scrap? Apparently it's needed for lightstrips now.
Deconstruct everything.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11207 on: March 25, 2014, 09:24:23 pm »

Pretty much any electronic will give you electric scrap or things you can turn into electronic scrap when disassembled; Even amplifier circuits.

The starting shelter also has a pair of consoles that you can deconstruct to get a large amount of electronic material.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11208 on: March 25, 2014, 10:00:47 pm »

Oooh, except I recommend leaving the working console to give light for reading/crafting at night.  SO handy...

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11209 on: March 26, 2014, 12:37:27 pm »

Unfortunately my shelter was in the middle of nowhere. It took a day long walk to get to an area with anything worth looting (I have exactly one gun, with 20 bullets, plus the standard mix of nailguns and BB guns), so no soft glow of the console to read. I just tear apart the apartment building I'm stationed in and burn it. Works fine.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11210 on: March 26, 2014, 05:21:09 pm »

So, partway through reading "The Art and Science of Chemical Warfare", my current character (attempting to imitate the old Drug Dealer profession combined with an old guy) got too sad to read.

I still have no clue how to make a pistol crossbow, which sounds AWESOME.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11211 on: March 26, 2014, 05:55:39 pm »

Suggestion: A mutation based on zombies.  Eventually makes you pain immune, no sleep, less food and water, slower speed, lowered natural healing, etc.  Could be crafted from a mutagen and 10-20 tainted meat.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11212 on: March 26, 2014, 06:02:51 pm »

So, partway through reading "The Art and Science of Chemical Warfare", my current character (attempting to imitate the old Drug Dealer profession combined with an old guy) got too sad to read.

What makes it better than a regular one? Also, you haven't seen awesomeness if you've never tried the repeating crossbow.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11213 on: March 26, 2014, 06:21:44 pm »

A pistol crossbow would be smaller and easier to load, a major help for my 6 strength old man drug dealer.

It was hard to resist the temptation to make a mobile meth lab and ram it into a few buildings.

Anyway, I can do it now.

BUT I need a spring. Time to look for trap pits!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11214 on: March 26, 2014, 08:24:30 pm »

Suggestion: A mutation based on zombies.  Eventually makes you pain immune, no sleep, less food and water, slower speed, lowered natural healing, etc.  Could be crafted from a mutagen and 10-20 tainted meat.

Nether Cliff is a planned feature, yeah.  It's a function of overexposure to the Blob generally, not a specific mutagen, though.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11215 on: March 26, 2014, 08:39:17 pm »

Ah, but induces zombie-like mutations or similar?  Good then!

Also, any word on hydroponics or other long-term items able to be mounted on vehicles?  I'd love to be able to get fresh strawberries without having to bed down for weeks waiting on a harvest.  Small pots or hydroponics on a vehicle would be fun.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11216 on: March 26, 2014, 08:45:14 pm »

Speaking of dwarfliness, KA101 added a construction recipe for downward stairs, get diggin!

The vehicle system is being heavily overhauled at the moment, once that's done I think it'll be much easier to add new power sources.

Regarding slowdown, if you're using the SDL build, we switched to SDL 2.0, and it isn't as optimized as the old one was yet, theoretically it should be faster in the end.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11217 on: March 26, 2014, 09:33:35 pm »

Gourmand trait. Add 50% happiness to food. Eat a handful of cookies and suddenly it doesn't matter that you're the last human alive, it's pouring rain, and you just gutted half a dozen undead pre-schoolers like fish, it's a good day.

Edit: I think you need either Bowyer's Buddy or Fletcher's Friend to get the crossbow schematics. Just FYI.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11218 on: March 26, 2014, 10:56:58 pm »

Recently? Because in 0.9 I could make a crossbow and repeating with just the necessary tools and skills.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11219 on: March 26, 2014, 11:03:59 pm »

Recently? Because in 0.9 I could make a crossbow and repeating with just the necessary tools and skills.
Recently.
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 1086