Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860622 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #10125 on: February 15, 2014, 04:08:34 pm »

Did some more work, it seems that i can't get v12s to go over 15.82 but by the power of save hacking they can go higher.
Any one got any tips on wheels?

edit its now pushing at the 5k per hour mark, god know how im going to line it up with the road.

Is a 750 litter v12 to much? im just testing the game engine now, i'll do the "legit" test later
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:13:53 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: February 15, 2014, 04:14:37 pm »

I'd like to know more about wheels and what the different wheels do.  Does it matter if I have different sized wheels on a vehicle?  Does it even matter where on the vehicle the wheels are?

Also, if you want that bike to go even faster, you can install one engine on a vehicle per six levels of mechanics.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: February 15, 2014, 04:26:54 pm »

Well is it turns out i do need alternators, test starting my 3000 litter tri engined  (2100, 750 and 150) was disappointing when it stopped before i could launch it.

Replacing the 9 inch bicycle wheel with a 72 inch wide one slashed my speed massively so its caster time.

Started it up and could not get it to move, loads of smoke and noise probably massive amount of wheel spin, but no movement until the engines died and sent me backwards as a modest 20 mph.

Second attempt
----------
Starting it flattens the battery and it drain the three fuel thinks in minutes.
And by starting i mean fire your self down the road at 7k plus, it just wont do any lower, but its not that hard to drive on the straits
Side ways at 2700 mph is scary as hell, and forget about crash safety.
pics to come, i screw up taking them.

Third attempt
-----------
Well it doesn't drink fuel that fast at idle, only about 20% in an hour, and say 5% a turn if your driveing
but driveing it is just about possible on the road in straight line, hit a shrub and your sideways in to a tree.

So i built this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Only 3 15 litter v12s and still supersonic  :D
but it handles normal speeds, well 80mph so you can turn in around.

You are still deafen by engines even above the speed of sound, (wouldn't wind noise do that anyway?)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:06:37 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: February 16, 2014, 07:01:10 am »

I've been playing an experimental version about a week old and wanted to update, but the terrain gets replaced by other types of terrain.
Anyone know if this can be fixed?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: February 16, 2014, 08:14:08 am »

I've been playing an experimental version about a week old and wanted to update, but the terrain gets replaced by other types of terrain.
Anyone know if this can be fixed?

You can only salvage the character, the map stays borked. You have to leave and move to the area the game did not yet generate on the old version.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: February 16, 2014, 08:36:00 am »

Still have an undamaged save as I did not continue in the new version. Is this due to some kind of code displacement from new changes or is it something else glitching?

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: February 16, 2014, 01:03:13 pm »

I tried to cauterize a bite wound, but ended up destroying my torso in the process.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: February 16, 2014, 01:44:27 pm »

I tried to cauterize a bite wound, but ended up destroying my torso in the process.
...Destroying?
What the hell were you using. Did you try to cauterize it with a flaming claymore and critically failed?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: February 16, 2014, 01:56:27 pm »

...Destroying?
What the hell were you using. Did you try to cauterize it with a flaming claymore and critically failed?
Could be a different kind of claymore...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: February 16, 2014, 01:59:13 pm »

You shouldn't cauterize wounds when you have almost no health left.  In my case I didn't have an alternative, though.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: February 16, 2014, 07:30:19 pm »

Still have an undamaged save as I did not continue in the new version. Is this due to some kind of code displacement from new changes or is it something else glitching?
It was a problem with the modularized saving code, I think it's been fixed now but I'm not sure.

To be a little more specific there was a problem that the small map saving would count from the first terrain type present in that map for its numbering system in the save, as opposed to the load functions which counted correctly from the very first terrain type in the entire game.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: February 16, 2014, 10:40:08 pm »

I picked up an item called none.  I can't drop, throw, wield, or wear it and it weighs nothing and doesn't take up any space.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: February 16, 2014, 10:50:00 pm »

Those happen when the game glitches out and tries to create an invalid item (or through a few other bugs).

IIRC you can get rid of it through advanced inventory management.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: February 17, 2014, 04:45:11 pm »

I downloaded and played the hell out of the latest "stable" version of the game when it first came out. Is there anywhere that keeps a readable list of changes in the latest experimental version and anyone know how stable it is?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: February 17, 2014, 04:55:29 pm »

The experimental version is generally just as stable as the 'stable' version, and is often actually more stable since it has bug fixes that aren't present in the stable. (There are notable exceptions, but generally those get fixed pretty quickly).

As for what's changed there isn't really anything that good at showing it. Right now the best thing is probably the Github commit log, though that has problems since there has been so many changes since the last stable release (4460 at the time of this posting!). Right before releasing the next version this will be compacted down into a more basic change log, but for now that's probably the best thing.
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 1086