Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860260 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #10095 on: February 13, 2014, 05:27:36 pm »

If it's the green ones iirc you place some metal scrap on the tile and when activated it makes a loud noise and turns what was in the tile into the higher metal lump at a something like 3or 4:1 ratio. 

I don't know the specifics of it, but I recall I used to smash up all the racks in the hardware store and turn all the bits into metal lumps in those.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10096 on: February 13, 2014, 05:55:37 pm »

Ah, so that's how it works.  I tried examining them and nothing happened, and I've tried throwing metal junk at it and that didn't work either.  Thanks.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10097 on: February 13, 2014, 08:25:34 pm »

Quick note:
In the last stable version at least, you can start small fires in tubs just fine.
My last character had a semi-permanent base in a house, and I didn't feel like dealing with smoke, and didn't have the skill for a brazier, so I took the risk of a tubfire early on, and just stuck with it. the handy door meant that I would put my gasmask on, grab a chunk or two of splintered wood, and my lighter, and whatever needed to be cooked up, and then have at it.
Visibility was often at 0/1 tile, but that was the only downside to the setup really. Had extinguishers right outside the room, but only needed it once when the fire became larger than expected (forgot that I had pre-loaded the tub or something, can't recall) and I extinguished it as a safety measure only. Nothing else caught fire AFAIK.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: February 14, 2014, 07:41:02 am »

Found a regional school. The place has better books than libraries. Even stuff about how to make medieval weapons. Guess who is going to go in mail armor to wrestle zombies? Yes, me. Once I learn everything

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: February 14, 2014, 10:18:10 am »

rabidgam3r
What am I doing wrong with my characters?
Should I be building them for crafting skills first, weapon skills later or vice versa?
Easiest way is start out nails at combat (melee makes most sense), but leave yourself open for longer term advancement (so don't dump your stats too low).

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10100 on: February 14, 2014, 12:01:54 pm »

Id take the weak back and disorganized traits, get wheels or just a shopping cart to counter it.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: February 14, 2014, 12:05:51 pm »

rabidgam3r
What am I doing wrong with my characters?
Should I be building them for crafting skills first, weapon skills later or vice versa?
Easiest way is start out nails at combat (melee makes most sense), but leave yourself open for longer term advancement (so don't dump your stats too low).
Also a rank or two in dodge is great since it doesn't go up unless you are being swung at which tends to hurt a lot if you don't already have dodge.  A dodge master can pretty much just wade through a mosh pit of zombies and be pretty much fine.
Nom nom nom

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: February 14, 2014, 12:20:02 pm »

I remember there being an enemy that's relatively easy to dodge that might be worth training on.  Maybe it was the sewer rat or black rat.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: February 14, 2014, 12:22:15 pm »

Sewer rats are killers for untrained ppls.  A lvl 0 dodger/melee-r will get nibbled apart.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: February 14, 2014, 12:43:39 pm »

blobs maybe?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: February 14, 2014, 12:45:45 pm »

You need to be able to dodge to well dodge, if you loaded down with bags or clothing then your too encumbered to dodge or runaway.

Can you dodge lightning?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: February 14, 2014, 12:54:42 pm »

Can you dodge lightning?
I don't dodge lightning, I shoot it.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: February 14, 2014, 01:14:10 pm »

So theres no way to block shocker zombies?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: February 14, 2014, 01:24:10 pm »

I'm probably wrong but I seem to recall there being a cbm that absorb it?

Rivet-the-Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Official C:DDA Website
« Reply #10109 on: February 14, 2014, 04:00:46 pm »

How about nail board traps?  Do they have limited uses?

Effectively, no. Sometimes they'll get 'flipped' and revert to an item when a critter steps on them, but you can just reapply it to reset the trap.

Never, ever start a fire inside a building unless it's contained in a Brazier, Wood Stove, or Stone Fireplace.

Also ovens. They don't contain the smoke, but you can safely build a fire inside of them.

I'm probably wrong but I seem to recall there being a cbm that absorb it?

CBM: Dielectric Capacitance System - costs one point of bionic energy per ten turns active, protects from electrical field effects.
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 1086