Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860599 times)

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #9750 on: January 20, 2014, 12:45:36 am »

I THINK we have the infinite speed bug sorted out finally, please report if you have an experimental past 0.9-3477 and run into it again.
Zombies don't grab things, I think Funk means NPCs grabbing stuff.
And yes, there's a "classic zombie mode" that cuts out the super science, leaving mostly a classic zombie movie experience.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9751 on: January 20, 2014, 01:42:10 am »

I THINK we have the infinite speed bug sorted out finally, please report if you have an experimental past 0.9-3477 and run into it again.
Zombies don't grab things, I think Funk means NPCs grabbing stuff.
And yes, there's a "classic zombie mode" that cuts out the super science, leaving mostly a classic zombie movie experience.
Ah, it does that too? I thought it only does what it says it does - i.e. "Spawn only zombies and natural creatures". It should really mention the disabling of advanced technologies in the tooltip. "Also disables certain buildings" is way too vague, and doesn't imply that random loot will also be limited.

On the topic of worldgen options, am I correct in thinking that with "Static NPCs" and "Random NPCs" options both turned off by default, no NPCs will spawn at all?

edit: on the other topic of limiting loot, I took a look at the firearm variety in the game's files. (not much of a spoiler since besides the future-tech which I've already seen, these are mostly real-world) I am deeply saddened by such a lack of variety. Even among the well-recognized firearms, I didn't see a single Beretta. Not to mention that the list of AK modifications alone, even if you take the US market (especially in the US market) would be as long as the whole current list of guns.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:54:16 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9752 on: January 20, 2014, 01:48:18 am »

Survivors tend to hang around the shelters and they often pick up use full items (of couse if there following then rocks become the best thing ever and they must have them all)

My bike keeps getting better, i've add some storage in the form of 2 floor trunks, 2 more gas tanks (1 small, two normal) and a storage battery.
i Found a new engine (7.12 litter cos fuel economy was yesterday) and a bigger tire 35 inchs wide, now all i need is some more armour.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9753 on: January 20, 2014, 02:08:49 am »

Yes, NPCs are currently turned off by default as they can be "buggy" in non-fun game play ways. Rather I guess I should say they where and if one of the devs or someone that uses them can report in on the brokeness of them that would be interesting.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9754 on: January 20, 2014, 02:14:52 am »

Yes, NPCs are currently turned off by default as they can be "buggy" in non-fun game play ways. Rather I guess I should say they where and if one of the devs or someone that uses them can report in on the brokeness of them that would be interesting.
Ok, that explains it. Might check the static NPCs out though. At least the zombies will have someone else to kill.

Also, I checked the forums, and apparently the only two weapon mods are either unreleased, or in a weird state of incompleteness. Sadface.

Makes me want to go and add all those weapons myself. I did a pretty good job on my Martial Arts mod for DF back in the day...

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

bertix

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity is over-rated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9755 on: January 20, 2014, 10:20:07 am »

My experience as the Punk Rock Girl Survivor, aka How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Apocalypse, indeed, my first pawnshop yielded a Zweihander, and after grinding my skills a little, (I have skill-rust off), my character merrily danced to what I can only imagine was punk rock, as it was the archetype I chose, slicing zombies into bits with a single attack, unfortunately, I also acquired a few addictions which kicked in just as a zombie brute sprinted at me, ending the short but rather colorful life of a misunderstood rebel.

(trench-coats are awesome, and so are army pants)

Edit: Infini-speed has seemingly been fixed, by initializing each enemy's speed base, thank god, I was seriously getting annoyed by the supersonic fat zombies.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:29:25 am by bertix »
Set phasers to tsun.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9756 on: January 20, 2014, 12:15:40 pm »

Ok, that explains it. Might check the static NPCs out though. At least the zombies will have someone else to kill.

Also, I checked the forums, and apparently the only two weapon mods are either unreleased, or in a weird state of incompleteness. Sadface.

Makes me want to go and add all those weapons myself. I did a pretty good job on my Martial Arts mod for DF back in the day...
   Welcome to how Cataclysm became as awesome as it currently is. "Oh something I want isn't in but hey look I can add it" is how the DDA branch basically started. Also now that items are all out in files rather than code you can add them stuff like guns quite easily now. Also on the topic of NPCs, if your gonna have them just turn them on in general as the difference between static and random is that static is a single npc that spawns in your shelter with you last time I checked so doesn't provide much on that front. I don't know if it is stabler or not but its not much of an experience.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9757 on: January 20, 2014, 12:39:14 pm »

Welcome to how Cataclysm became as awesome as it currently is. "Oh something I want isn't in but hey look I can add it" is how the DDA branch basically started. Also now that items are all out in files rather than code you can add them stuff like guns quite easily now. Also on the topic of NPCs, if your gonna have them just turn them on in general as the difference between static and random is that static is a single npc that spawns in your shelter with you last time I checked so doesn't provide much on that front. I don't know if it is stabler or not but its not much of an experience.
Well, I completed a list of... 52 weapons that I'd like to see added. A lot of them russian-made or derived, but no more than a... third or so. Half at most. I am appalled at the lack of a SPAS-12.

Here's a list, with weapon type, ammo count, ammo type, plus notes. Feel free to throw suggestions in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, apparently the Mossberg 500 and Remington 870 (pump-action shotguns) are capable of 3-round burst fire, according to current item data. That won't do.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:43:29 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9758 on: January 20, 2014, 02:24:54 pm »

Well, I completed a list of... 52 weapons that I'd like to see added. A lot of them russian-made or derived, but no more than a... third or so. Half at most. I am appalled at the lack of a SPAS-12.

Here's a list, with weapon type, ammo count, ammo type, plus notes. Feel free to throw suggestions in.

Also, apparently the Mossberg 500 and Remington 870 (pump-action shotguns) are capable of 3-round burst fire, according to current item data. That won't do.

They don't. I have one right now as a Lab Tech, it cannot be switched to burst.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9759 on: January 20, 2014, 02:45:27 pm »

I'd Like to add the:

FN FNC 5.56x45mm

Mosin Nagant 7.62x54mm
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9760 on: January 20, 2014, 02:51:50 pm »

They don't. I have one right now as a Lab Tech, it cannot be switched to burst.
Well, that's not what the data files say. Perhaps it was amended in the latest experimental? Gotta try that out and check what changed.

I'd Like to add the:

FN FNC 5.56x45mm

Mosin Nagant 7.62x54mm

Okay, adding to list. I'll even toss in the "Obrez" sawn-off "handgun" variant of the Mosin.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 02:54:33 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9761 on: January 20, 2014, 03:00:47 pm »

Id like a set home made black powder weapons.
Most of them will be single shot but some will be twin barrel, long reload times (about 20 secs) all round.
Crafting one should be the same as the other pipe weapons but need a lighter for the lock.

Black powder being in this case being made from charcoal, Potassium nitrate and sulfur.
Or you can just disassemble normal bullets and use there powder (what else are you going to use .22 rat shot for?)

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9762 on: January 20, 2014, 03:02:09 pm »

On this playthough in the latest experimental, I found a rapier. Daaaamn, this weapon is nice, although it's mostly for high Agility builds.

Id like a set home made black powder weapons.
Most of them will be single shot but some will be twin barrel, long reload times (about 20 secs) all round.
Crafting one should be the same as the other pipe weapons but need a lighter for the lock.

Black powder being in this case being made from charcoal, Potassium nitrate and sulfur.
Or you can just disassemble normal bullets and use there powder (what else are you going to use .22 rat shot for?)

You need to play more Cataclysm, this is already a thing.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9763 on: January 20, 2014, 03:17:31 pm »

Slam-fire: led to nicknames like 'trench-sweeper'. I think the rem/mossbergs can be modified to allow it, (though it's disabled by default).

However, inspite of the 'burst' setting, it doesn't actually work in-game.

Also, good luck. There's at least one vehement opponent of guns 'round here, and more than a few supporters of a 'less guns' setting.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9764 on: January 20, 2014, 03:29:45 pm »

Well, it's not like I'm a developer, heh. Just adding what I think might be neat.

Also, the latest experimental addresses some of the issues, but doesn't manage to include a single weapon from my list. Marvellous.

Also, apparently there are now gunmods. Curious.

Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 1086