Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860559 times)

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #8940 on: November 14, 2013, 05:05:57 pm »

Both the labels and the actual score are entirely arbitrary, I don't want to claim a level of precision that doesn't exist.

There have been monsters that will sporadically attack each other for a while, what's missing is a faction system that controlls agression between various groups of creatures.  And no, te sencond isn't in.

I think there's a fix for the construction thing, I'm a bit behind on merging (just 100 PRs or so...) due to a trip I just got back from.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8941 on: November 14, 2013, 05:18:49 pm »

I've found that acquiring a pipe from smashing locker right off the bat curbs early-game difficulty immensely.

Though I, too would like to see that evolution-of-regular-zeds-into-crazier-zeds-over-time get added. Would make things a lot less awful when starting a new character. I'm getting really annoyed with having to slog through the first few days in order to get to the point where my skill levels are high enough and my equipment good enough for me to survive in a fight for longer than ten seconds.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8942 on: November 14, 2013, 06:47:45 pm »

Was there a change in how addiction is handled? I'm getting alcohol cravings before I'm even sober now, it's making me a little worried. I'm not going to run out any time soon (I have plenty of cheap wine, even if I run out of the good stuff which won't happen for a while), but I worry about being able to even carry enough for a good scavenging trip.
Only change I know of to addictions recently was a rough fix cap to how low they can lower your health stat (to stop the -800 and below bug we were getting). I've got some plans for an overhaul to the addiction system waiting in the wings for .9 to drop so they can be implemented though.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: November 14, 2013, 06:49:46 pm »

Has monster infighting been added? I saw a wolf kill another wolf.
No, that just happens sometimes when they try to move into the same tile.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: November 14, 2013, 06:51:40 pm »

Addictions drop your health? I was not aware of that. Guess I should sober up soon... maybe after I get the RV cooking unit fixed so I can cook stuff - by this point pretty much the only food left is dry grains like oatmeal, cornmeal, and flour.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: November 14, 2013, 07:38:45 pm »

Holy crap brass knuckles. I love these things. They're not even very good weapons but the idea is just... awesome.

Gonna go punch out some zombies with extra damage and feel like a badass.

Were any more awesome weapons added in the 0.9 pre-release thingy? I want to see more awesome weapons.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: November 14, 2013, 07:57:15 pm »

Holy crap brass knuckles. I love these things. They're not even very good weapons but the idea is just... awesome.

Gonna go punch out some zombies with extra damage and feel like a badass.

Were any more awesome weapons added in the 0.9 pre-release thingy? I want to see more awesome weapons.
I vote sword-chucks.
I one-up you with chainsaw-chucks.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: November 14, 2013, 08:29:27 pm »

How exactly does the Move Furniture command work?  I'm standing next to a bookshelf and activating it, the prompt says "Grab where?" and I indicate the direction of the bookcase, and it says there is nothing there.

Using experimental build from a couple days ago.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: November 14, 2013, 08:57:01 pm »

Hmm. It should work - can you move things that aren't bookcases?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: November 14, 2013, 09:01:25 pm »

Hmm. It should work - can you move things that aren't bookcases?

Works on chairs, for all the good that does me.  Bookcases, desks, and single-tile tables give the message "There's nothing to grab there".
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: November 14, 2013, 09:52:42 pm »

Most recent experimental?

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: November 14, 2013, 11:25:28 pm »

Kicked the alcohol addiction, locked myself in a police station with a few traps and 12 loaves of cornbread and waited it out. Once I started getting the shakes before the effects of the alcohol had even worn off I figured it was time to reduce my addiction level.

Next time I think I'll skip the addictive personality trait. It's more trouble than it's worth.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: November 14, 2013, 11:28:16 pm »

How long does addiction take to beat? I wanna be a hobo-boxer but I don't want the alcohol addiction.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: November 14, 2013, 11:31:55 pm »

Took me about two days. I have the Expanded Digestive System CBM though, so you may want more food than I used (though for the record I was at my stash house, if I ran out of cornbread I had canned goods and bacon).

Winter has come. Anyone know of any good face warming items? I have a dust mask and a bandanna, but they only contribute 5 warmth apiece.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8954 on: November 14, 2013, 11:35:18 pm »

I can't remember but maybe a scarf? As for kicking alcoholism I have needed to do that more recently then ever before. I blame it on the cheap wine you find all over the place.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 1086