Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860575 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #8700 on: November 04, 2013, 01:49:56 pm »

There's a modern brick phone out now that has a 3 month standby time and something like 20 hours of talk time. Simple and mostly battery.

What I like about larger phones as opposed to iphones and blackberry phones...

Is they actually seem designed around the ear.

I HATE trying to speak on those square phones...

Better a square in your pants than something banana-shaped. Bricks ain't designed to go in pockets.
As a woman, bite my luscious, spacious purse.

And tiny pockets that can't carry a compact mirror.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8701 on: November 04, 2013, 01:57:33 pm »

Us men have to carry around all this stuff in our pockets.  Some company need to make a purse for men.  Stick dragons or cars or beer or football players or half naked women on it or something on it and make it out of kevlar or thick aluminum.  And then don't call it a purse.  Make up a cool new name for it, like the superholdinator or something.

There we go, the world will be in balance.  I'm tired of having to fit all my crap into a tiny sleeve of pleather that fits in a pocket.

Wait this is the cata thread.   How did we get to Budweiser brand Super-Holdinator-Flame-Car-Pouches from cataclysm?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 02:00:21 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8702 on: November 04, 2013, 01:59:50 pm »

Cargo pants are great. As they are in Cata.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #8703 on: November 04, 2013, 02:12:22 pm »

Yeah, cargo pants are pretty nice, and practical, though mind you, us Arabs get huge pockets when wearing traditional clothing. Drawback is you only get two, but I remember stuffing a half a liter water bottle and a Gamecube controller in one, and a game boy advance in another. Plus we have a chest pocket that's about the size of a back jean pocket with a bit more room.

You know, can I request being able to make robes in Cataclysm? They seem simple enough to tailor together.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8704 on: November 04, 2013, 02:15:27 pm »

Yeah, cargo pants are pretty nice, and practical, though mind you, us Arabs get huge pockets when wearing traditional clothing. Drawback is you only get two, but I remember stuffing a half a liter water bottle and a Gamecube controller in one, and a game boy advance in another. Plus we have a chest pocket that's about the size of a back jean pocket with a bit more room.

You know, can I request being able to make robes in Cataclysm? They seem simple enough to tailor together.
+1
Robes are badass.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8705 on: November 04, 2013, 02:16:18 pm »

+1
Robes are badass.

Maybe copy and rename hoodies dresses but with the storage of cargo pants? How encumbering would robes be?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 02:20:07 pm by BigD145 »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8706 on: November 04, 2013, 02:19:16 pm »

Run around in robes, find a wide brimmed hat of some kind, and a finger lazer bionic.

Run around shouting "Magic missile!" as you kill zombies.  Post apocalyptic LARP.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8707 on: November 04, 2013, 02:57:37 pm »

Us men have to carry around all this stuff in our pockets.  Some company need to make a purse for men.  Stick dragons or cars or beer or football players or half naked women on it or something on it and make it out of kevlar or thick aluminum.  And then don't call it a purse.  Make up a cool new name for it, like the superholdinator or something.

Sounds like a briefcase. Aluminum frame, leather cover... yep, that's a briefcase. Or you could pack it in a satchel, which is essentially a giant canvas purse that goes over your shoulder and is fairly unisex (albeit a bit hipster). Heck, depending on the environment you're trying to carry things in, a backpack probably wouldn't be out of place.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8708 on: November 04, 2013, 04:10:56 pm »

Tainted Tornado is HILARIOUS. It's such a strong depressant that two portions take you from 15 to ZERO Inteligence (and Dex and Per). Well, and it gives you mutations.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8709 on: November 04, 2013, 04:20:46 pm »

There should be steel reinforced briefcases that give both storage space, and make for a decent bashing weapon.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8711 on: November 04, 2013, 05:00:42 pm »

There should be steel reinforced briefcases that give both storage space, and make for a decent bashing weapon.

Weapons with storage capacity? I like it.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8712 on: November 04, 2013, 05:02:53 pm »

Storage with weapons capacity? I like it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8713 on: November 04, 2013, 05:20:05 pm »

weapons with storage capacity sounds interesting.  Baseball bat that holds inside it potions, drinks or ball berrings

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8714 on: November 04, 2013, 06:09:33 pm »

Unfortunately storage items only count when wearing them, a work-around would be storage items for specific things which can be interacted with, a current example in-game are boots which can hold knives, now boots aren't really storage items nor weapons but you can put knives in them, similarly you can have it so an item can be interacted with to put in another type of item and then that can be wielded with the item inside it so it technically counts as storage although you will have to interact with the storage item to get any items it contains.
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 1086