Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863914 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #7740 on: October 13, 2013, 12:03:16 am »

I also just noticed the mac-10 is chambered for 45. Couple that with it's 30-round burst size and very small size, and I think I just found a new oh shit weapon.
(max damage per-turn with an extended clip is 1530. A shotgun on burst does ~150.)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7741 on: October 13, 2013, 12:05:10 am »

It's next to a river, sure, but there isn't even a swamp visible on the map oh goddd.
Swamp zones are invisible if they are on top of rivers.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7742 on: October 13, 2013, 12:10:20 am »

it's constantly raining.

I had a game that was like that, weather wise at least.  I had all sorts of normal zombies, but across 15 days it never stopped raining... it DID go to thunderstorm at least twice, but then back to rain.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7743 on: October 13, 2013, 12:22:18 am »

I also just noticed the mac-10 is chambered for 45. Couple that with it's 30-round burst size and very small size, and I think I just found a new oh shit weapon.
(max damage per-turn with an extended clip is 1530. A shotgun on burst does ~150.)
I keep two types of weapons, generally.  Burst fire panic, for hulks or worse.  Minimal accuracy but high burst rating and damage.  The other are sniper rifles, when ammo efficiency is a concern.  So I usually use submachine guns as my panic shotguns.  Curiously, I usually mount a rifled barrel and explosive slugs on my shotguns, so for me, SMG are shotguns and shotguns are anti-tank snipers.  I always take Trigger Happy, because for me, if a weapon has Burst then that's how I'm going to always use it.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #7744 on: October 13, 2013, 12:31:54 am »

I miiight be cheating.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then again, the game might be too.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #7745 on: October 13, 2013, 02:45:40 am »

Everyone skimmed over my question...

So NPCs soon?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7746 on: October 13, 2013, 04:20:56 am »

Everyone skimmed over my question...

So NPCs soon?

They're always a work in progress, and IIRC, none of the maindev's is working on them for the moment.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7747 on: October 13, 2013, 04:29:33 am »

They are planned. The big thing we're waiting on at the moment is GlyphGryph, Kevin (who is basically swamped with merges), or a roving coder to establish a bit of basic framework for the new NPC system (I'm not that good at building frameworks from scratch yet in C++). Once that's in it's just a matter of grinding through it to get the framework expanded to cover everything (Something which I can handle :D).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7748 on: October 13, 2013, 05:37:19 am »

Until turrets can be set in a direction I either don't use them or build walls around them to specifically block vision. Too many times have I been grievously wounded by my own turrets and then they blow each other up as well.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7749 on: October 13, 2013, 05:43:13 am »

With character creation what is considered 'cheating'?

I understand that with no NPCs the Truth Teller and Ugly anti-traits are basically free points so I stay away from those.

Would:

STR: 10
DEX: 10
INT: 10
PER: 10

Robust Genetics

and

Hobo

Be considered cheating?

I don't want to deprive myself of !fun! but at the same time I really hate not being able to do certain things like move furniture because my character is too weak [the average person should be able to push a couch like 10 feet...]

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #7750 on: October 13, 2013, 07:20:47 am »

I understand that with no NPCs the Truth Teller and Ugly anti-traits are basically free points so I stay away from those.

Would:

Robust Genetics

and

Hobo

Be considered cheating?

I don't want to deprive myself of !fun! but at the same time I really hate not being able to do certain things like move furniture because my character is too weak [the average person should be able to push a couch like 10 feet...]
CDDA is a solitaire game. There is no 'cheating'. You'll just be looked onto as silly if you do a Victory Post without including your enhance ability.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7751 on: October 13, 2013, 07:21:31 am »

Would:

Robust Genetics

and

Hobo

Be considered cheating?

Why won't you cut, say, two points of PER and add them to STR? Unless you go with ranged combat, PER is only really useful for traps, and it can be raised with either mutations (two of 'em, IIRC, the standard +STAT mutations or the equivalent of Diamond Cornea), and a passive bionic (aforesaid Diamond Cornea).

If you play the latest experimental, the Bionic Patient has a cool Hydraulic Muscles + Metabolism combo (leading me to name the template 'Didn't ask for it'), which gives you +10 STR with the bionic active, which should more than suffice with STR-based actions.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7752 on: October 13, 2013, 08:27:07 am »

They are planned. The big thing we're waiting on at the moment is GlyphGryph, Kevin (who is basically swamped with merges), or a roving coder to establish a bit of basic framework for the new NPC system
I'm working on it. I'm just bad. >_>

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7753 on: October 13, 2013, 08:36:44 am »

Any tips on surviving? I seem to survive for a couple of days to the point where I can purify my own water, etc but die in supply raids for food.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #7754 on: October 13, 2013, 09:13:09 am »

Hunt for animals, or gather fruits and vegetables from the lands.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 1086