Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860148 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - What's that I see on the horizon? Could it be...
« Reply #6045 on: September 11, 2013, 02:44:09 pm »

So how do I craft purifier and mutagen?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - What's that I see on the horizon? Could it be...
« Reply #6046 on: September 11, 2013, 02:57:30 pm »

It looks like you need to have a level 1+ first aid skill to unlock the mutagen/purifier recipes, though you will need to have a level 8/9 cooking skill to have any shot at crafting them successfully (which seems like a bit low of a level barrier to unlock the recipe to me, maybe it should be raised up just a tiny bit).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: September 11, 2013, 02:58:59 pm »

Ah, yeah, don't have any first aid.  I mostly just sleep...

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #6048 on: September 11, 2013, 04:47:04 pm »

Mutagen and purifier should be recipes you don't auto learn, you have to find a "Lab Notes" Item and read it and have high enough cooking. Would make labs more worth exploring.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: September 11, 2013, 04:50:33 pm »

*becomes a bird*

EDIT: Possible bug: While wielding the Firebrand (Broadsword + Fire) the first attack takes it out of my hands.  It deals a single very strong melee attack, but then I drop it, and it sits on the floor on fire without providing any light.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:16:51 pm by Girlinhat »

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: September 11, 2013, 06:19:48 pm »

Idea: Making it so all plating, superalloy and hard alloy, is spike-able.

Big spiky deathtraps!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: September 11, 2013, 06:46:39 pm »

It looks like you need to have a level 1+ first aid skill to unlock the mutagen/purifier recipes, though you will need to have a level 8/9 cooking skill to have any shot at crafting them successfully (which seems like a bit low of a level barrier to unlock the recipe to me, maybe it should be raised up just a tiny bit).
. . .

A bit low? Doesn't seem like that given that skill rust still needs a bit of tweaking at the moment.

On that note, I think the HP system needs a bit of an upgrade too. You can sleep anything (short of 'broken' limbs) away.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: September 11, 2013, 06:49:03 pm »

That's not too weird.  The human body actually legitimately works that way.  "Modern Medicine" is just cutting your own body a little and letting it heal itself.  There's no actual pill, injection, or therapy that causes healing - it's 99% letting the body rest and 1% guessing what certain chemicals do when swallowed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: September 11, 2013, 06:52:57 pm »

Yep, I know as much.

However seeing the extent or severity of how some wounds come..well. It's like more than the human body.

Imagine 3rd degree gasoline burns. Or healed-zombie-infected wounds.

:P

I may be letting out a tiny spoiler on the lore here..

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: September 11, 2013, 06:58:41 pm »

In that case I just gotta say 'it's a game let it happen'.  I personally don't want to have to seek medical attention EVERY TIME I get a deep bite or a bleeding wound...

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: September 11, 2013, 07:14:00 pm »

In that case I just gotta say 'it's a game let it happen'.  I personally don't want to have to seek medical attention EVERY TIME I get a deep bite or a bleeding wound...

That said, I would like to see wounds add up a general injury meter. Your health is restored, but if you keep getting your arms and legs almost chewed off, it should start hurting you after some time until you give it proper rest.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #6056 on: September 11, 2013, 09:28:18 pm »

So... my schizo was killed by an imaginary bear?

I found this while reading through the topic. I'm thinking of sigging.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: September 11, 2013, 09:56:58 pm »

So... yeah... Chain Lightning is fun, but it will chain onto you as well.  And it will kill you.

I aint even mad!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: September 11, 2013, 11:02:31 pm »

Hmmm. Any reason I wouldn't be able to install a large electric motor on a flatbed? I'm using a fully charged makeshift welder with mechanics 7. The truck already has 2 batteries and a solar panel on it, and all the conditions for the install are green, but nothing happens when I press enter. (Yeah, the engine is right by me, doesn't work if I carry it, either.)
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: September 11, 2013, 11:03:28 pm »

Did you remove the first engine?  I believe you need ~8 skill to install a second engine.
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 1086