Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859759 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Use a hoe to make a mound of Earth (alternative: grow things on a minefield or use graboids to plow your garden). Then you either have to examine the mound, activate the seed or just drop it. And stuff will grow.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Oh, so is extended-period-action working then?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I don't know, I actually never farmed, I just read something about it on the Cata forum.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

Tiles now up for review. Left a few things out that will be taken care of over the weekend but figured it should get started through the review process sooner rather than later. Need to get them hit animations working, and figure out if the vehicle animation is fine where it is or if I need to push it out to a curses specific and tileset specific version. And gotta move the tile path definition out of the code and into a file. Will work on those later today after I get some sleeeeeeep :D
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Sleep is for nerds!

So go to sleep :P

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

Oh good...

Ehm, I actually have a suggestion.

When you're making an update to a new version, please do write so in the main web page. AND if possible, change the link so that instead of showing '7.1' it shows '7.1.1' or something like that.
I had an old version, but never updated because I looked at the link and saw it always the same.

Just a friendly suggestion.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

AFAIK, there was no new stable release since 7.1.

The experimental build saw a lot of additions and improvement. Would it be possible to make things so the experimental build get a version numbers (7.1.xxx) and this number is updated every time a pull request is merged?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's actually exactly what happens right now.. If you download an experimental version you can see the full version number from the main menu (the about page I think)

And we update the link on the main page whenever a new stable version comes out. That's likely to happen in a week or two, after the tileset stuff is reviewed and completed, and we'll have a nice big ol'changelog to tell folks what's different.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:15:13 am by GlyphGryph »

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll be compiling the changelist sometime soon, but some highlights off the top of my head:
Bedding: If you sleep in a tile with clothes on it, you'll automatically use them to keep warm.
Pushing/Dragging vehicles: You can 'G'rab light-enough vehicles and push/pull them along with you (pretty much just bicycles and the often requested shopping carts).
Memorial file: The game now outputs a summary of various achievements on player death.
A bunch of new foods and weapons.
"Tile of Nothing" fixed!!!!
Reworked "wet" condition, it's more manageable now.
Planing and growing crops.
Not landed yet, but I made zombie spawning density configurable, ranging from %10 percent of current density to %10000 percent of current density.
Needs some more cleanup, but now we'll stash your player save in a graveyard folder instead of deleting it when you die.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I hope dragging vehicles depends on weight and str?  So a strong player with powered armor could drag a truck?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Hey, that mean wagons work?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Are zombie dogs immune to bear traps? Tried a trap-and-run character, which was working beautifully with the regular zombies but them zombies dogs just kept bounding straight over, homing in on my head.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, graphical tilesets should be in, for one. Whole bunch of other stuff, really - 940 changes and counting.

There's a new skill! Fabrication! It will replace many types of crafting w/non-crafting skill situations. No more training archery by making arrows.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile

I hope dragging vehicles depends on weight and str?  So a strong player with powered armor could drag a truck?

Not to mention the obligatory postapocalyptic shopping trolley pushing survivor.
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

how work tiles? i have download latest build version
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 1086