Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859423 times)

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any tilesets yet?

*hides* *serious question though*

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

I'm getting pretty exciting excited about a good version with tiles in it. Will we be able to use custom tile sets? Will you be able to include transparent pixels so you can see multiple items/creatures in the same tile space? I might try my hand at making some tiles.

Oh, if transparency is included will your character sprite change when you wear different articles of clothing, like that one Zombie survival game I can't remember the name of?

Will there be a way to have different states for creatures' sprites? Such as healthy, damaged, dead, etc. And will you be able to have a sprite for each object rather than relying on a generic symbol that represents a plethora of things?
Transparency is included as part of the tilesets being PNG files so technically yes. Yes, custom tilesets will be a thing, though I need to add in an ease-of-use file to make them easily settable. Multiple creatures in a tile is not possible because the game just doesn't allow more than one to occupy the same location, but entities are drawn last so they are drawn on top of whatever tiles already occupy that location. I haven't added in any tags relating to worn clothing yet so extra clothes being drawn onto the player can't be done at the moment. I can see a use in adding tags for different health states to monsters, and it should be relatively easy to do given current functionality. Finally, yes, each object can have a different sprite to display. So a squirrel and a rabbit no longer have to look the same woooo! :D

Any tilesets yet?

*hides* *serious question though*
I have some programmer art, and utunnels' sprite sheet to work with so kinda-yes. I have also sent a message to Deon on the DDA forum so hopefully he will answer today and we'll quickly have access to a usable tileset! Since items change so quickly it would be difficult to make a full list of items for the json, and may be moved off to differentiate between non-item and item tilesets which will speed up my move from single tileset into multiple tileset support.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

[Answers]

Sweet! That's about what I was hoping for.

Layered clothing would be cool, but maybe eventually.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

I guess I'll give into the urge and try out what's been done to game since I last played.
Which is to say, this will be my first time playing DDA.
Let's see how things go.

ANNND I drove a motorcycle into a building going like, 5 miles an hour. And was flung. And took 3 points of damage.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:20:12 am by Facekillz058 »
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

ANNND I drove a motorcycle into a building going like, 5 miles an hour. And was flung. And took 3 points of damage.

Motorcycles don't have seatbelts, so they're very easy to get thrown off of. Replace the saddle with a seat and you things should be better.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

I kinda got mauled by a zombie who got into a truck I was hiding in, so that's not quite possible anymore, :P
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

Hey, has the 0.7 DL link been fixed yet? I'm still stuck with the previous version.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fixed? It's been fine for at least the past week.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

Okay. Lovely stuff.

Now, onwards to adventure and loss of limbs!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I'd like to see you drive a motorcycle into a building in real life at 5 miles an hour and not fall off.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

So, does anyone know when the next stable release will be out?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably about two weeks, or maybe a bit sooner.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Awesome. Any clues as to what features will be next?  :P

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, graphical tilesets should be in, for one. Whole bunch of other stuff, really - 940 changes and counting.

There's a new skill! Fabrication! It will replace many types of crafting w/non-crafting skill situations. No more training archery by making arrows.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Yeah, I found out about Fabrication through the dev builds. Any new CBMs? Monsters? Items? Also, what's with the seeds in the dev builds? How do you use them?
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 1086