Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860139 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #5220 on: August 06, 2013, 07:54:54 am »

Cataclsym:1000 years ahead, the post apocalyptic wilderness hunting game.
Nom nom nom

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: August 06, 2013, 09:09:43 am »

Cataclysm: 3000 years ahead, the post apocalyptic* city simulation!

*note that human civilization has been rebuilt by this point

It's been rebuilt by Zombies, Mutants and Zombie Mutant Cyborg.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5222 on: August 06, 2013, 09:11:17 am »

Cataclysm 40K with Spice Marines: Protect the Spice for the Emperor
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: August 06, 2013, 09:52:04 am »

Cataclysm -40: It's just like, today.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: August 06, 2013, 10:06:33 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Most any inexplicable item you find in such a setting is a macguffin for a NPC quest.  You can randomly (if rarely) run across pieces of quest content like that, since it makes no sense for it to only come into being in response to interacting with NPCs.

A dev that goes by acadia created some very atmospheric quest chains and supporting items/monsters/buildings for them.  The end goal for the quest chains is generally targeting faction joining/creation, so we're ready with that once we actually have NPCs and factions sorted out.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: August 06, 2013, 01:36:21 pm »

So its just grim dark decoration, and there I was hoping it was some sort of artifact.
There are complex quests in the game? Are they given by all this NPCs you find wandering or do yo get them somewhere else?

Well thanks for all the answers

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: August 06, 2013, 04:00:00 pm »

The missions are handed out by both shelter NPCs and wandering NPCs.
It's straight-up random what initial mission they give out.

Not good with names

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: August 06, 2013, 09:38:21 pm »

is there a way to turn off the "Get items from trunk" prompt?  I'm so sick of getting those while walking around in my solar franken-camper and don't want to have to clear an aisle/ take an in-game day to put them into piles.  Also, on the development side is anything being done to make floor piles more tidy?  I'd love to see something like Plastic bottles (50) instead of three pages of scrolling down an item list.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: August 06, 2013, 09:52:39 pm »

is there a way to turn off the "Get items from trunk" prompt?  I'm so sick of getting those while walking around in my solar franken-camper and don't want to have to clear an aisle/ take an in-game day to put them into piles.  Also, on the development side is anything being done to make floor piles more tidy?  I'd love to see something like Plastic bottles (50) instead of three pages of scrolling down an item list.

Try the / "all surrounding spaces" inventory command. It should let you shuffle stuff around any of the 9 tiles around/under you and your inventory.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: August 07, 2013, 12:51:55 pm »

is there a way to turn off the "Get items from trunk" prompt?  I'm so sick of getting those while walking around in my solar franken-camper and don't want to have to clear an aisle/ take an in-game day to put them into piles.
This sounds like auto-pickup is triggering, you can adjust the rules for that with ?3, or turn of autopickup entirely with the autopickup option.
Also, on the development side is anything being done to make floor piles more tidy?  I'd love to see something like Plastic bottles (50) instead of three pages of scrolling down an item list.
Nothing currently, but there's interest on both the user and developer sides for pickup to work better.
Actually some inventory stuff I'm working on might spill over into the pickup logic and UI, but I'm not targeting that specific thing.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: August 07, 2013, 02:46:17 pm »

The corpses of the PCs have piled up, and human civilization has been rebuilt half a mile farther up in the air. The Sherpas thrive on the mountain of corpses.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: August 08, 2013, 02:16:10 am »

Actually, could we add a way to only grab part of a stack of items, like the '#' let you drop only part of a stack?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5232 on: August 10, 2013, 07:29:55 am »

All must fear the mighty Heavy Stick.
Shadenight123 opinion of the game is done, he now returns to bashing zombies with his insane strength and bashing damage.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: August 10, 2013, 09:53:54 am »

Smoke needs to be nerfed or something. A medium fire outside killed my extremely lucky dude (full army gear and a MGL on the first day) while he was cooking two chunks of meat.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: August 10, 2013, 10:00:05 am »

Just make small fires, it doesn't have to be a 3x3 pile of bodies to make it count as a real zombie bbq party.
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 1086