Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861457 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #3585 on: June 27, 2013, 01:16:00 pm »

What if there is only scent but the scent along with some strength score would also have a source ID and when scent spreads it just uses whichever source is stronger. The downside of course is that you can't have a scent of rotten meat under which you catch a slight wiff of plant matter.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: June 27, 2013, 01:38:24 pm »

No, No, No. Your getting what I said wrong. I am not saying that you smell because you have not bathed but rather that the smelly trait which represents you just naturally smelling more, not necessarily a bad smell (after all it says it doesn't offend humans), is just strong enough that the small scents get lost. So a vague wiff of honey when getting near a hive would just not appear, you would need a stronger scent to notice it. I must admit my way of saying it was exaggerated for humor.

Oh I know, I was just screwing around too :P

When I look at the Smelly trait, all I can think of is Jurgen from Warhammer 40k
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3587 on: June 27, 2013, 01:54:03 pm »

Ah, yes the internet does make it somewhat hard to figure that out sometimes. Also WH40K would be interesting in the setting though honestly it would be slightly hard to fit in yet oddly easy. Oh and there should be Tyranids.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: June 27, 2013, 07:52:34 pm »

Can you put stuff on a bike/car?

I found a motorbike that is somehow useable, I loaded it up with a bottle of gasoline and it's good to go, but I'd like to put some extra food/water on there...
I need to put something interesting here.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: June 27, 2013, 07:53:40 pm »

I think if you drop it well standing over the trunk it will go in.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3590 on: June 27, 2013, 08:09:42 pm »

I haven't played much since pre DDA, but IIRc, you coulc 'D'irectional drop

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: June 27, 2013, 08:37:28 pm »

I just spent several hours packing the spoils of looting an entire (very small) town onto the back of a motorcycle I found, so it's definitely possible.

There should be a "box" on the back, in the same square as the back wheel I think. You can use the capital "D" command followed by a direction key to drop stuff into it, which you can get back out with 'g'et or 'e'xamine.

Does anyone know if this kind of storage actually has a volume limit? I put a lot of effort into making everything as compact as possible, but I'm still surprised I managed to fit everything I wanted into it, including a tent and a lot of tools and bulky clothes. If it's actually infinite I'll feel a bit silly. :P

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: June 27, 2013, 08:43:16 pm »

Last time I tried it was working on the sorta stupid letter system. So it could fit infinity items, so long as there was only 52 types of item, I think at least.

But it's been a long time since I last packed a vehicle to full.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: June 28, 2013, 02:16:06 am »

How do I commit arson?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: June 28, 2013, 02:32:47 am »

How do I commit arson?
40mm incendiary + Milkor MGL. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: June 28, 2013, 02:34:41 am »

How do I commit arson?
Apply a lighter on some sticks on the ground.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: June 28, 2013, 04:04:28 am »

How do I commit arson?
Apply a lighter on some sticks on the ground.
Ah. Okay, so furniture doesnt count.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: June 28, 2013, 04:12:09 am »

Drop alchool here and there in a house, light a patch and RUN!!!!!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: June 28, 2013, 04:57:48 am »

You need to smash furnitures first before lighting them on fire.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: June 28, 2013, 06:36:58 am »

Just tried this game out for the first time.  I ran a pretty unremarkable character with great physical attributes and the drunken master bonus.  His only skills were weak melee melee skills.  His name was Potbelly Pete.  I headed north from the evac site and found what I assume was the wreck of a military helicopter.  The road nearby was strewn with the bodies of some sort of scientists.  There's probably some sort of story there, but I was more concerned with equipping himself to survive.

I cut myself up retrieving gear from the wreckage, but it was worth it as I managed to obtain a military rucksack, an assault rifle, a helmet, a utility vest, and the black box of the vehicle.  Hey, that last one could be interesting, and I'd drop it if I need to carry actually useful gear.

From there on I headed to town and attempted to scavenge through stores at the edge of town without getting into any big fights.  First I hit up a bar, then I went around to the other side of town and took everything from a pharmacy.  I beat a few zombies to death on the way with little injuries, and for my trouble got enough food, clean water, and medicine to survive in the short term, but no practical weapon.  I headed to a nearby furniture store to get a frying pan or something.

The front door was locked.  This turned to be not an issue, as the door exploded outwards and what I found myself facing down a "brute zombie", which I'm going to assume is the Tank from Left 4 Dead until someone stops me.  As I was lacking in 3 heavily armed survivor buddies I ran for my life.  It caught up with me a short distance out of town and I pulled out my assault rifle, preparing to spray and pray at point blank... except I had never test fired it.  Turned out it wasn't loaded.  I grabbed the best bludgeon available and hoped for the best.

And that is how I died: attempting to beat the Tank to death with a military black box.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 1086