Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861829 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Kickstarter launched!
« Reply #3495 on: June 24, 2013, 12:16:51 am »

You can. 

Is it possible to install both an electric engine and combustion engine in the same car?  If so, can you switch between them?

You can, but don't expect to be able to "switch" without wheezespam and purposefully running out of fuel for one or the other. They run in parallel otherwise.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3496 on: June 24, 2013, 02:17:14 am »

This sounds like a potential feature. Hybrid cars in Cataclysm!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #3497 on: June 24, 2013, 02:49:53 am »

I've not gotten McJester to a stage where he's tried installing a water tank into his recently acquired car, much less a kitchen unit. But I'm curious, is it possible to use the water from the car even without the kitchen unit? For example, is it possible to draw the water and pour it into other containers?

Would make it very useful as a tool for fetching water from nearby towns if I could have him park up alongside a toilet/kitchen window while he used a gallon jug to quickly move water between the sink/bath/toilet and the car's water tank (assuming it's large enough to make that worth doing)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: June 24, 2013, 11:08:15 am »

The water tank holds lots.  Like multiple plastic jerrycans lots, but only way I know how to access it is the kitchen unit.   It has a faucet.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: June 24, 2013, 11:10:07 am »

Cant you siphon from them?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #3500 on: June 24, 2013, 01:23:45 pm »

So today on cataclysm I decided to set a gas station on fire and hide inside it.
Just some notes i'd like to make now:
1.The explosion chain is beautiful
2.Fire is hilarious
3.I slept in the toilet until one of the walls burnt down, so that's also hilarious.
4.Wolves apparently like big explosions I guess?
Blargh.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: June 24, 2013, 02:09:26 pm »

4.Wolves apparently like big explosions I guess?
One of the crazy side effects of a sound-based dynamic spawn. Bears and spiders apparently like them too. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: June 24, 2013, 02:25:21 pm »

Am I missing something or is there no way to sneak and/or run in this game? Seems silly if I see a zombie and I can't (at least attempt to)hoof it or tip toe past it.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: June 24, 2013, 02:26:56 pm »

No sneaking or sprinting in the game as of yet. Sneaking is definitely going to be a feature later, though.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: June 24, 2013, 02:40:43 pm »

Saw about the stealth update in the KS but it would be cool if there was a sprinting/stamina system maybe something similar to that in Rogue Survivor.

And is there no way to get tiles working with the most current version? I changed my font to something more like Brogue and also resized my window but it would be cool if there was a way to use some of the tilesets from older versions.. Funny, I started playing roguelikes with ascii and it never bothered me but nowadays I like me some tiles, also I don't think my eyes are what they used to be  :o

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: June 24, 2013, 03:27:22 pm »

And is there no way to get tiles working with the most current version? I changed my font to something more like Brogue and also resized my window but it would be cool if there was a way to use some of the tilesets from older versions.. Funny, I started playing roguelikes with ascii and it never bothered me but nowadays I like me some tiles, also I don't think my eyes are what they used to be  :o
Not at the moment, no, but it is one of the main kickstarter goals.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: June 24, 2013, 04:54:14 pm »

Am I missing something or is there no way to sneak and/or run in this game? Seems silly if I see a zombie and I can't (at least attempt to)hoof it or tip toe past it.
You are always sprinting as fast as you can. It's why you need to eat and drink so much.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: June 24, 2013, 05:12:51 pm »

You are always sprinting as fast as you can. It's why you need to eat and drink so much.
You must be severely out of shape then.  It takes minutes to "Run" past a house.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: June 24, 2013, 05:19:01 pm »

Speaking of drinking, is there anyway to drink out of sinks you find in houses or fill bottles with them?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3509 on: June 24, 2013, 05:36:31 pm »

That would require running water sir. If you want a drink the toilet should be in the same room though I don't advise drinking it straight.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 1086