Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861758 times)

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #3510 on: June 24, 2013, 05:52:43 pm »

I see.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: June 24, 2013, 05:58:37 pm »

And last I checked toilets, as of yet, aren't finite containers. The cisterns lead to an alternate universe full of scummy water.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: June 24, 2013, 06:15:41 pm »

Armor and related mutations and CBMs probably need some balancing.

Chitin armor protection is pretty insane. It seems to blow any CBM or mutation armor counterparts out of the water (poor protection with severe stat penalties), as well as making Platemail armor (tiny fraction of the weight), "hard" plastic guards (3x the protection), and metal guards (better overall) look like junk. Though I do appreciate the uniform protective values across all pieces.

It's really too easy to get Chitin before seriously venturing anywhere.

Then power armor is so overpowered, doesn't matter how rare it is, it really doesn't belong in the game with these values.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Right now it's:
"Plastic/Riot"<"Metal"<="Chitin"

I'm thinking some things need some stats tweaked.
"Plastic/Riot"<"Chitin"<"Metal"

Can we repair metal armor?
Actually would like to see a full set of DIY light metal armor, then at high electronics/mechanics a DIY power armor.

Then Power Armor needs a big nerf for protection (you can survive multiple landmines, grenades, etc as it is and the armor isn't even damaged. Even dynamite can't scratch it) and should probably give a significant strength boost when powered (and probably a dexterity penalty when unpowered).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 06:17:36 pm by Zyxl »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: June 24, 2013, 07:48:29 pm »

Also, the reason the controls were changed for vehicles is that you can now move around in a moving vehicle without being at the controls.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: June 24, 2013, 08:37:36 pm »

Good lord. I stop playing for three months and all of a sudden this game becomes incredibly sexy.

Definitely going to donate when I can.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: June 24, 2013, 09:00:27 pm »

Do smoking cigarettes cover your scent? It doesn't seem like it by looking at the tracks. What can I do about food poisoning? I don't think these antibiotics are working..

EDIT: Maybe they did work. No more food poisoning. Seems kinda hard to get clean water. And I wonder if smoking pot makes you hungry...?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 09:06:34 pm by joey4track »

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: June 24, 2013, 09:13:14 pm »

Fires are really easy to start. Books, smashed furniture, cardboard, etc. can be used to boil water to purify it. Look for jugs of ammonia and bleach to empty and fill, as they have a more convenient capacity. You'll need a pot or frying pan to boil it in, and always be sure to leave one empty container to put the clean water in. It only boils it one unit at a time, weirdly enough, so you need an empty container if there's still some dirty water left in the first container.

I think marijuana does make you hungry. A savvy survival druggy does cocaine, which'll cut down hunger.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: June 24, 2013, 09:15:51 pm »

Do smoking cigarettes cover your scent? It doesn't seem like it by looking at the tracks. What can I do about food poisoning? I don't think these antibiotics are working..

EDIT: Maybe they did work. No more food poisoning. Seems kinda hard to get clean water. And I wonder if smoking pot makes you hungry...?

They keep saying over on the Cataclysm forums that antibiotics are for bacterial infections only, so I'm not sure if they'll help with food poisoning. The only time I've accidentally drank unclean water, the food poisoning wore off in a little while.
Also often called Boowells.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: June 24, 2013, 10:17:44 pm »

I just swung at a corpse and missed twenty five times in a row with 20 dexterity. With my bare hands.

Christ this character is a goob.

Note to self, flaming eyes can't really do anything other than parasite you. If you get hit by one, you might as well walk up and smack it to death rather than wasting ammo, because it's otherwise completely helpless. I know this because I just drunken boxed one to death.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:25:07 pm by Kaitol »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: June 24, 2013, 11:17:16 pm »

They keep saying over on the Cataclysm forums that antibiotics are for bacterial infections only, so I'm not sure if they'll help with food poisoning. The only time I've accidentally drank unclean water, the food poisoning wore off in a little while.
Exactly this. Antibiotics are for infected bites only. Right now the only things that will cure food poisoning is time and royal jelly.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: June 25, 2013, 12:29:10 am »

Exactly this. Antibiotics are for infected bites only. Right now the only things that will cure food poisoning is time and royal jelly.

Not that you'd want to use royal jelly for it. Pretty much you can just hole up in a quiet area, take a bit of time, vomit your guts out, and then feel better. I haven't really ever found much royal jelly, so it's too precious, in my opinion.
Also often called Boowells.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3521 on: June 25, 2013, 04:39:16 am »

Have you ever looked in a beehive?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: June 25, 2013, 09:19:59 am »

The best thing to do when you get bit is put disinfectant on it immediately, so you don't have to waste precious medicine on an infection.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: June 25, 2013, 09:40:39 am »

Cant you cauterize them?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: June 25, 2013, 11:05:37 am »

Yes, but it hurts like hell.  (PAIN!  PAIN UP YOUR ASS!)
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 1086