Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1864867 times)

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3150 on: May 30, 2013, 10:31:34 pm »

an annoucement on the new website that they were discussing last week.  If its any more thana that good if not a new website is good

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3151 on: May 30, 2013, 10:58:20 pm »

The "en." makes me think that they're coming out with language packs. Doesn't have any connection with backing stuff up, though.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: May 31, 2013, 05:44:54 am »

If the announcement is that you have a new web page I am going to be the most disappointed. The most.
Love, scriver~

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: May 31, 2013, 06:12:05 am »

I'm going to hold onto my hopes of something like Ultima Ratio Regum's directional LoS. If not, then it's probably one of them alarms that beeps when you throw your truck in reverse.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: May 31, 2013, 07:07:06 am »

Should trench coats be made water proof like rain coats?

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: May 31, 2013, 07:31:08 am »

The leather trenchcoats are waterproof already. Any piece of torso clothing (IIRC) with a warmth of 35+ will also keep you dry. The wool poncho has warmth 35 and encumberment 0 (-1 when it fits). I always wear it, it's amazing.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: May 31, 2013, 08:48:05 am »

Can you sew your own leather trenchcoats?
Love, scriver~

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: May 31, 2013, 08:56:22 am »

Leather... trenchcoats?  You can sew trenchcoats I am pretty sure but they don't have any leather in them I don't think.
Nom nom nom

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: May 31, 2013, 09:28:08 am »

Leather Trenchcoats are another item ;)

I've only ever picked them up from NPC's, but I don't think I've ever maxed out sewing, so I wasn't sure if it just took a really high level to sew them or something.
Love, scriver~

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: May 31, 2013, 09:53:30 am »

You can craft them via sewing, it's pretty high up in the skill levels, though. 5+ something.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: May 31, 2013, 10:11:12 am »

a weather proofing sewing item that you can find in clothing shops, sports shops and military depots would be pretty useful.  Considering there is wax paste stuff you can buy irl to make some types of coats waterproof for a period of time.  Maybe like a reinforced bonus type deal and you need at least some sewing skill to apply it properly, just to prevent the rain morale loss when you don't want to throw on 4 layers of sweater in the middle of the summer.
Nom nom nom

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: May 31, 2013, 11:15:35 am »

The leather trenchcoats are waterproof already. Any piece of torso clothing (IIRC) with a warmth of 35+ will also keep you dry. The wool poncho has warmth 35 and encumberment 0 (-1 when it fits). I always wear it, it's amazing.

I wonder about the extreme encumbrance penalties of blankets compared to the negative value of ponchos, when a poncho is just a blanket with a hole cut in the middle. Maybe blanket + knife = Poncho for a crafting recipe.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: May 31, 2013, 11:33:50 am »

I wonder about the extreme encumbrance penalties of blankets compared to the negative value of ponchos, when a poncho is just a blanket with a hole cut in the middle. Maybe blanket + knife = Poncho for a crafting recipe.

You know, this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

=/=

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: May 31, 2013, 11:40:00 am »

*snip*

Pretty much the same, Clint Eastwood is just has the excess thrown over his shoulder.

Wikipedia defines a poncho as 'essentially a single large sheet of fabric with an opening in the center for the head with a piece of fabric that covers the head.', ergo blanket with a hole cut in the middle.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3164 on: May 31, 2013, 11:47:14 am »

I dunno, the article must be oversimplifying things. Clint makes ponchos look a lot cooler than that.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 1086