Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1864868 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3165 on: May 31, 2013, 11:48:11 am »

A blanket is SIGNIFICANTLY heavier and thicker than a poncho
Source: girlfriend who loves ponchos, and blankets
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: May 31, 2013, 11:50:28 am »

Yeah well, it's still the wool poncho that makes you look like a western gunslinger that kills ladies and gets the money.
You can't just make a wool poncho like that. Ponchos aren't made - they're grown. When Mexicans are 5-12 years old, a piece of wool that looks like a necklace is put on them. Throughout the following years, it grows into a poncho, it's length and growth time depending on the carrier. Then, the poncho is delivered to some shitty WalMart in the middle of NYC, bought by a millionarie claiming that he has Indian roots, and then he boasts how traditional he is because he's wearing a fucking poncho that's not even Indian, then he recieves praise and is elected the fucking senator of Nebraska or some shit.

.... yeah I am not a very sane person

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: May 31, 2013, 01:23:31 pm »

Yeah well, it's still the wool poncho that makes you look like a western gunslinger that kills ladies and gets the money.
You can't just make a wool poncho like that. Ponchos aren't made - they're grown. When Mexicans are 5-12 years old, a piece of wool that looks like a necklace is put on them. Throughout the following years, it grows into a poncho, it's length and growth time depending on the carrier. Then, the poncho is delivered to some shitty WalMart in the middle of NYC, bought by a millionarie claiming that he has Indian roots, and then he boasts how traditional he is because he's wearing a fucking poncho that's not even Indian, then he recieves praise and is elected the fucking senator of Nebraska or some shit.

+1 That made me laugh so hard!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: May 31, 2013, 04:02:18 pm »

Contemplating putting that into a spoiler signature

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: May 31, 2013, 04:51:06 pm »

They should put random snippets like that from Bay 12 into Cataclysm for npcs to say randomly when you talk to them.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: May 31, 2013, 06:10:34 pm »

They should put random snippets like that from Bay 12 into Cataclysm for npcs to say randomly when you talk to them.
Right before they snap and shotgun you.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: May 31, 2013, 06:40:38 pm »

That... is beautiful.

+1
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

casserol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: June 01, 2013, 07:07:29 am »

Major announcement coming in the next couple of days.

I'll give you guys a small hint in advance as a sign of appreciation. It's probably a crappy hint, but whatever!

Start backing up.

Ok, it's been a couple days ! litteraly ! annoucement naow ?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3173 on: June 01, 2013, 08:45:56 am »

Soon.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: June 01, 2013, 10:11:21 am »

It updated! Twice!
Love, scriver~

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: June 01, 2013, 10:50:32 am »

So I was playing the newest secret version I got by putting in the konami code on the website and after helping the aliens start their ufo they grabbed my by the back and threw me into the UFO and took me up to their planet.   I've killed and butchered all the cows but How do I get back down?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3176 on: June 01, 2013, 10:57:46 am »

So I was playing the newest secret version I got by putting in the konami code on the website and after helping the aliens start their ufo they grabbed my by the back and threw me into the UFO and took me up to their planet.   I've killed and butchered all the cows but How do I get back down?
Combine two of the cow skins with the crystal of heaven to open the portal back to earth. Its in your crafting menu under 'Ethereal'

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: June 01, 2013, 10:58:59 am »

Peaceful piano pieces ? Always thought the soundtrack for Cataclysm would be something more like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ69b5-X2SI. Slightly futuristic but with a hint of the cosmic horror we all know and love, the repetitive struggle for life despite misery and looming demise.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:06:39 am by Mookzen »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: June 01, 2013, 11:05:09 am »

Combine two of the cow skins with the crystal of heaven to open the portal back to earth. Its in your crafting menu under 'Ethereal'
Oh cool that makes sense.  I figured it had something to do with that probe in the corner.  But all that did was cause pain and make my (male) character pregnant.

Now that I'm back at the evac shelter, should I be worried?  Royal jelly isn't removing it...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: June 01, 2013, 11:10:37 am »

Oh cool that makes sense.  I figured it had something to do with that probe in the corner.  But all that did was cause pain and make my (male) character pregnant.

Now that I'm back at the evac shelter, should I be worried?  Royal jelly isn't removing it...
Despite the mood swings, hormonal imbalance, nutritional drain, and extreme bloating; pregnancy is not considered a disease. Thus royal jelly won't fix it.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 1086