Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863477 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #7905 on: October 15, 2013, 09:03:30 am »

Thank you awesome people :D

In other news...I think the latest experimental build had set vehicles to be mostly...TOUGH.

In my motorbike (as well as countless other crashes--I like the skidding mechanic there), I managed to traverse...multiple minefields without knowing it, with the frontal wheel stuck in Healthy, along with no rider damage.

Trying to run over...say, a Fungaloid (or even a coyote..) still throws me out. The skidding bike is the thing to see, clearing the way though. xD

Shudder Doors block vision, and open all adjacent (orthogonal and diagonal) shudder doors.
Sliding Doors do not block vision, and open all adjacent (orthogonal and diagonal) sliding doors.
Trunk Doors seem to be identical to Sliding Doors.
Actually I'm wrong here.  Updates have made it so that you can no longer reach through a solid Board to use a welding rig, so modifying my WARBUS became marginally more complicated.  I instead put in a shudder door right beside the welding rig and kitchen unit, as well as a larger door at the main entrance.  Opening any of the shudders will open ALL of the shudders.
When you say 'any' you mean 'all those that aren't connected in the same vehicle?'
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 09:06:06 am by Tiruin »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: October 15, 2013, 09:11:57 am »

In other news...I think the latest experimental build had set vehicles to be mostly...TOUGH.

In my motorbike (as well as countless other crashes--I like the skidding mechanic there), I managed to traverse...multiple minefields without knowing it, with the frontal wheel stuck in Healthy, along with no rider damage.

Trying to run over...say, a Fungaloid (or even a coyote..) still throws me out. The skidding bike is the thing to see, clearing the way though. xD

You might have been incredibly lucky and missed every single mine. Or those are anti-tank mines :P (there's a difference, they get triggered by weight, and this is not something motorbikes are famous for).

Glyph, I take your regenerating slow creature and counter with molotov. Wait, did I say molotov? I meant to say molotovs. Plenty of 'em.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: October 15, 2013, 09:12:59 am »

Motorbikes do not have seatbelts, so yes you get thrown often.

If you open any shudder door on a vehicle, all shudder doors on the vehicle will open as well.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: October 15, 2013, 09:18:37 am »

You might have been incredibly lucky and missed every single mine. Or those are anti-tank mines :P (there's a difference, they get triggered by weight, and this is not something motorbikes are famous for).
When I said that, I meant I triggered the mine with my frontal wheel and saw the explosion straight hand.

...Leading me to express my awe.

[reference]"Seatbelts, so we can be safe."[/reference]
Thanks! :)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: October 15, 2013, 09:24:31 am »

Seatbelts are not for safety.  Seatbelts are to make sure you stay in your destructoruck for as long as possible and don't get thrown out when renovating local hospitals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: October 15, 2013, 09:41:05 am »

Seatbelts are not for safety.  Seatbelts are to make sure you stay in your destructoruck for as long as possible and don't get thrown out when renovating local hospitals.

Which reminds me: if you want to experience living on the edge in Cataclysm, try speeding your motorcycle to over 100 KPH and then eating your lunch while still driving. Bonus points, do it in a city.

BTW: if I drop, say, a meat sandwich in my car's interior, will it stay here? I want to make sure, because creatures which try to attack me while driving can enter the car tiles, but get thrown off if I speed up.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: October 15, 2013, 09:43:02 am »

Items dropped will remain on the ground tile, unless dropped into a box, trunk, or other specific container.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: October 15, 2013, 09:49:14 am »

Items dropped will remain on the ground tile, unless dropped into a box, trunk, or other specific container.

Ah. Good thing I asked, then.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: October 15, 2013, 10:27:17 am »

Glyph, I take your regenerating slow creature and counter with molotov. Wait, did I say molotov? I meant to say molotovs. Plenty of 'em.
This is a good strategy for an opening salvo. Also reminds me I wanted to make their sludge trail flammable, but forgot to to do that.

I don't actually remember how much damage fire does per turn though. However, lighting it on fire would probably at least cancel out most of the regeneration, meaning that fire followed by shooting should work well.

I really want to see dropped items and monsters get carried along with a vehicle when inside or on top. I hope this happens sooner rather than later, heh.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: October 15, 2013, 10:30:45 am »

I think there's a bug where ingredients in crafting get wasted if you decide not to craft. For example if I decide to do the "clean water" recipe, but then decide that I want a different container to store it in then this is what happens:

First the screen comes up with a list of containers asking me which container to use for the clean water. There IS a valid container there, but I don't want to use that one so I click ESC. It then asks me if I want to pour the water on the ground. I press N for NO. At this point if I look at the container that held the dirty water, 1 portion will be gone.
Feeling down? Click Here!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: October 15, 2013, 11:00:59 am »

There seems to be a bug - I assume it's a bug.  You can't install armor over many parts, including over boards.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: October 15, 2013, 11:07:27 am »

Another (probably minor since it has no other use but to poke at your accomplishment-sense) bug is in missions: Somehow if you talk to NPCs, or mostly after talking to them in a way that they die before giving an mission [or just refusing a mission in a way that: Do you need anything > Yes, just this one > No I changed my mind] it ranks in the Failed mission list.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: October 15, 2013, 11:11:28 am »

There seems to be a bug - I assume it's a bug.  You can't install armor over many parts, including over boards.
Armor items occupy the "Center" slot, the same as boards and doors.  Is there another convenient slot to place them?  Particularly, is there a list of slots for vehicles, or does it dynamically assign slots based on what the parts occupy?  Adding a new "armor" slot would fix a lot of things...

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: October 15, 2013, 02:07:53 pm »

If you wear seatbelts, you might not be thrown clear of the car in the event of an explosion, though.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: October 15, 2013, 02:14:02 pm »

If you wear seatbelts, you might not be thrown clear of the car in the event of an explosion, though.
An interesting take on seatbelt safety.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 1086