Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: My Little Fortress: At Worlds End: Mistyoceans (The Forges are done!)  (Read 9049 times)

Mitre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: At Worlds End: Mistyoceans
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 11:16:11 am »

Just want to give this a bit of a bump; you're off to an awesome start.
Might upload some doodles later, if I may.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 03:18:22 pm »

Just want to give this a bit of a bump; you're off to an awesome start.
Might upload some doodles later, if I may.

Go for it. I'm... Not exactly that good of an artist.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 04:51:49 pm »

9 Felsite: Thank Tusten! Not only is there a way around the Aquifer, but it takes us through a coal Vein as well! The wall is almost done as well, meaning that all the wood can be routed into Beds from here on out. I’ve taken Twirlycount off of carpentry duty and am having her get the drawbridge built and hooked up. We’re going to want a well as well, so I’ll have her make a mechanism for that while she’s at it. I also just realized the beds are ready, all 20 of them. That should give us a good head start.

Spoiler: Tusten (click to show/hide)

In the meantime, I have bedrooms to dig out.

11 Felsite: Or perhaps not.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:13:24 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 06:33:15 pm »

13 Felsite: Anan got stuck on the wall today. Looks like he was taking some wild carrots to the stockpile, went to fly over the wall rather then go through the gate, and could not take back off. I’ve had all work on the wall stopped until we resolve this situation.

14 Felsite: And now Bobrur is stuck up there as well... Sigh... Didn’t he see Anan?

17 Felsite: Got those two down today. I’ve also noticed my office furniture is ready. Looks like I can get the bookkeeping done now.
OOC: Looked at Bobrur's relationships after they got down, and it looks like grudges may be forming. The oppisite of freindships.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
20 Felsite: Am finally writing this on a table. Looks like the Elephant Ponies may not be ignoring us after all. One of them just startled Bobrur, and he was pretty close to the wall too. At least the only section of wall that is not yet finished passes over a pond.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 06:39:50 pm »

Oh, I missed this somehow.  Posting to watch, and possibly claim a pony at some point if anything interesting turns up.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 07:03:21 pm »

23 Felsite: I have the honor of announcing that the Wall was completed today. Just seven people can accomplish so much... More then anyone here knows. Ranna... Mosrael... Kibeth... Dyrim... Belgaer... Saraneth... Astarael...Regardless, it's not even Summer yet, and we already have functional defences.

OOC: Nice... That means that the founders of both Glitterglen and Dawnpick have posted here. A real honor. Let's see who else shows up.

18 Hematite: Looks like we cannot go around the Aquifer after all. I’m going to have to think of another way to do this. Perhaps through the Coal Vein...

22 Hematite: The well is finished, thus ensuring an inexhaustible supply of water. We also found Limonite today. If only we had flux here as well...

1 Malachite: Migrants! Just 3, but migrants all the same. They are:

Kurol, Male Draltha Pony Accomplished Weaver
Rithul, Male Tentacle Pony High Master Fish Cleaner (Ok... Don’t know how that skill got so high.)
and Stetar, Male Slippy Pony Peasant
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:05:47 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 09:07:15 pm »

7 Malachite: Oops. Breached the Aquifer by mistake. At least it looks like we can block it with some doors.

22 Malachite: Looks like we have to abandon that chamber. The water flow is just too strong, and we are unable to stem the flow. We will have to try again to the north.

23 Malachite: Found Magnetite in the new tunnel. We will have Iron after all. I’ve also gotten word that the Drawbridge is hooked up to its lever. That will come in handy if those Elephant Ponies decide to attack us.

4 Galena: Looks like there was a way around the aquifer after all. Here’s hoping.

6 Galena: We are indeed through the aquifer. I’ve also finished the bookkeeping, so I can help with the work again.

OOC: Yes! I can actually get to work now!
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2013, 08:10:39 pm »

7 Galena: Need to go down a few more Z levels apparently.

9 Galena: That should be deep enough. Found some Galena and, even better, Native Silver while digging the staircase. That should come in handy later. I’ve gotten the work orders in for some more beds, as well as some tables and chairs, so we should be able to get the furnishing done fairly easily.

13 Galena: We found Emeralds today. Evidently this is a pretty good spot for a settlement, even if we are on the far side of the world from everyone else. Literally.

23 Galena: I’m having the staircase smoothed; don’t want to live in a dump.

15 Limestone: Diamond? Just 11 levels down? Ok then...

I drew a quick sketch; you can see most of the main level in it, with the bedrooms branching off to the south.

25 Limestone: I inaugurated the first jail cell of 20 today. I sorely hope we wont need that much capacity, but it will be there if it’s needed.

3 Sandstone: Just realized we’re out of alcohol. Guess I should have somebody set up a still.

7 Sandstone: No more hiding what this room is for from Twirlycount anymore: I ordered the beds, all 20 of them moved in starting today.

It’s The Hospital! Just like with the jail, I hope we never need that many beds, but they are there if needed.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 11:39:46 am »

Posting to watch, will probably claim a pony when I see one I like. Very good so far.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 09:40:09 pm »

10 Sandstone: Mandrills! And they’re trying to steal our gems! Looks like I’m going to have to put a militia together sooner then expected.

11 Sandstone: Some of them have gotten away, with diamonds and emeralds no less, but Stetar is performing admirably! Those webs are very effective for stopping them from getting away!

12 Sandstone: Six dead Mandrills. Not bad for a first battle. Guess we should set up a butchers shop, get these bodies processed. Perhaps a loom as well, there’s quite a bit of webbing around now.

1 Timber: More migrants have arrived. That Quick-travel spell I set up is clearly doing it’s job. They are:

Asen Udarrosal, Female Gorlak Pony Miner (Brought her own iron pick. Nice.)
Moldath Ondinikal, Male Unicorn Farmer
Ertal Neblebsas, Legendary Female Draltha Pony Carpenter (!!! Brought her own axe too!)
Shosel Tunanshedin, Male Earth Pony Fish Cleaner
Nabreth Ebgokonol, Male Draltha Pony Engraver
Katdir Ebalerib, Male Pegasus Leatherworker
Itur Iddorudiz, Male Gorlak Pony Hunter (With Iron Crossbow and 30 Iron Bolts in an Alpaca Wool Quiver)
Iddor Uveltotnon, Female Draltha Pony Metalcrafter
and Rithul Kastarondin, Male Tentacle Pony Farmer

These nine migrants bring us to a grand total of 19 Ponies.

1 Moonstone: The first two bedrooms were made official today. I hope to eventually get 100 separate bedrooms made, and 40 of these are already on the mining chart.

8 Moonstone: I’m having the tables we have moved into the dining hall now. It’s still being smoothed, as is the hospital, but we might as well get started.

13 Moonstone: Twirlycount finished the first of the stonefall traps I had set up after the mandrill raid today. Hopefully that will slow them down when they come again.

14 Moonstone: The first section of the road the border was finished today. This should help ensure a clear path for the merchants when they arrive, although there is this one tree we need to cut down...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:58:12 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 06:23:44 pm »

Sabriel’s Journal

3 Opal: Smoothing operations in the Hospital and dining room are complete. Once we finish moving the furniture in (and hang the dining room doors) they will both be open for business.

5 Opal: The jail is ready. Once we get some chains forged, we can bring it right up to full capacity.

21 Opal: Just saw some huge snails down on the beach. Weird part is how they also look an awful lot like ponies...

18 Obsidian: Found Cassiterite today while excavating the bedrooms. That’s Tin ore. Could be nice to have.

19 Obsidian:  The caravan is here, along with the liaison!

27 Obsidian: Traded some gems and one of our masterwork barrels for all of the caravan’s food and drink, as well as some containers for the hospital. Going to ask for more food from the liaison, as well as some flux for steel.

The Events of The Night of 30 Obsidian 126 -1 Granite 127:

Sabriel opened his eyes for at least the 15th time that night. She just could not get to sleep Sighing, he rolled over and got out of bed, trying to be quiet and not wake anyone up. Perhaps a walk on the beach would help. He walked over to the stairs and ascended to the surface. Then it was a short walk south to the gate, passing the workshops on the way, and around the wall to the north.

As he walked, Sabriel directed her eyes to the heavens. He gasped audibly. There was a total lunar eclipse tonight, and it looked to be about at its peak. She then shifted his gaze to the stars. 2:00. Of course. The Leopard was clearly visible through the trees, along with the Cougar, Alicorn, and Shield.

As he stepped down onto the beach, Sabriel brought his gaze down to the western horizon, the very end of the world. Not that that they weren’t pretty far out to begin with- even here she could hear the waterfall. His eyes settled on the Sword, the very tip of which was now touching the horizon.

Sabriel’s eyes narrowed. Either it was her imagination, or about a half dozen pitch black shapes had just appeared over the horizon and ducked into the water. That shouldn’t happen, at least not there. Then a brilliant flash of light appeared at the tip of the Sword, at the very edge of the world itself. Sabriel was almost forced to close her eyes, even with his tentacle in front of them. But she kept watching. Whatever was happening was bound to be important.

The light slowly coalesced into up to two-dozen shapes, getting slightly dimmer in the process. They clearly were not stars, but were difficult to identify. As they slowly started to get closer, the shapes continued to dim. Sabriel was able to uncover his eyes, and now she noticed that the gleaming shapes were starting to take on a recognizable form. It was impossible to make out any details at this range, but they were clearly Ponies.

Now in Sabriel’s experience, which was pretty extensive, glowing was typically a good thing. So, with just a second’s hesitation (Those black shapes were still concerning), he cried out to these new arrivals. “Welcome to Mistyoceans! Right over here on the island!” Sabriel waved his tentacle, turning around and trotting back to the fort. he looped around the walls to the south, grabbing a piece of stone on the way. There was no way she was getting any sleep now, so might as well be productive.

Sabriel entered the walls and walked over to the masons shop. This table wouldn’t be very high quality, but it would at least get the job done, and give him something to do while she waited for those spirits to arrive.

OOC: So a few hours turned into 48... Oh well. And just to clear up any confusion, in game and physically Sabriel is Male. Mentally and spiritually... She has always been Female.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 06:39:37 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013, 07:23:47 pm »

Just a quick bump for visibility.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 02:25:55 pm »

Don't know how I missed this.  Will definitely be keeping an eye on this.  Might claim a migrant if any jump out at me.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 03:01:22 pm »

Don't know how I missed this.  Will definitely be keeping an eye on this.  Might claim a migrant if any jump out at me.

There's already an Alicorn here if you want him. Came with the starting seven belive it or not. Goes by the name of Bobrur Oldened, and is currently a tanner. Got stuck on the wall a while back.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 03:09:19 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 04:11:12 pm »

Na, I'm going to let Khenal stay in Glitterglen.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5