Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: My Little Fortress: At Worlds End: Mistyoceans (The Forges are done!)  (Read 9034 times)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: At Worlds End: Mistyoceans
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2013, 08:30:03 am »

Journal of Xaren
12 Galena 127:
 I finally remembered who I was. How could I have forgotten? Oh well, I shall attempt to do as my ancestors did and craft many magical weapons blessed with runes of power.
16 Galena 127:
 Some of those gods-damned parasprites got inside the walls today... and were killed just as quickly. Or so I'm told. I don't remember much of what happened. I also killed a Snail-pony. Escargot, anyone?
27 Galena 127:
 Vathen seems to have been blessed with a vision from her ancestors. I heard her as she walked past, muttering about designs.
6 Limestone 127:
 Vathen seems to want some rock blocks. She’s been yelling about them, at least. I wonder what she's making?
7 Limestone 127:
 Esar just drowned chasing a parasprite. Dammit, why did it have to start already? They will grow old and fade, with only me to remember. Just like all of my friends.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Wandering_Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2013, 05:29:57 pm »

Hey guys, are we still looking for more ponies to rule? I might try my hand at some point if so.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2013, 09:42:55 pm »

Hey guys, are we still looking for more ponies to rule? I might try my hand at some point if so.

This is a Community game. Not a sucesion game, so no.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Wandering_Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2013, 11:46:59 am »

Oh derp. My bad! D:

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2013, 09:18:58 pm »

No problem. Happens to the best of us.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2013, 05:00:08 pm »

Sabriel’s Journal

8 Limestone 127: Since Esar’s drowning, I’ve been thinking about how to stop this from happening again. The obvious answer is to floor over the ponds, but that takes time and resources. I’ve decided to instead have a ramp carved next to each pond, so we can get back out if we fall in.

13 Limestone 127: I’ve had some rock blocks made, but Vathen refuses to take them... This is concerning. I’ll keep trying to help her, but am placing Xaren on guard duty just in case.

14 Limestone 127: Found a second cavern level today. It is much smaller then the first, but contains actual trees and moss. There are also signs of cave spiders in there.

15 Limestone 127: Another cavern. Magma can’t be far now. Perhaps Vathen needs metal bars... It’s worth a shot. I’ll have some smelted.

Later: Warm Rock! I knew it had to be down there somewhere!

Even Later: We have struck the Magma Sea! And not only that... A certain blue metal lies to the south of the breach.

17 Limestone 127: Yes! Vathen was looking for metal bars after all! She grabbed them as soon as they were ready and has started work.

21 Limestone 127: Vathen finished her project today. It’s an earring. Kolnefek Tateknucam, translated as Wheelsfancy the Acrid Consideration. A long name for a very fancy trinket. It’s very detailed at any rate.

OOC: Will add photos later. And No, I'm not dead
Edit: And there they are.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:33:18 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2013, 12:04:34 pm »

I'd like a pony, please!  Named Nightshade, preferably a crafter sort, especially armor or weaponsmith.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2013, 12:17:28 pm »

I'd like a pony, please!  Named Nightshade, preferably a crafter sort, especially armor or weaponsmith.

Maybe you could be my apprentice. :P
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2013, 03:22:03 pm »

Sabriel’s Journal

22 Limestone, 127: Busy day today. Laid out the plans for the other 60 bedrooms, filed the work orders for the rest of the dining room furniture... Not to mention having another Smelters built to get the ores smelted down and more coal dug out. Lots to do. Kat is helping make food by working in the butchers shop. A giant leopards head. When did we get that?

25 Limestone, 127: Berath, our best metalworker (OOC: His lowest skill in metal working is a competent in Blacksmithing) came to me today and asked to change his name to Nightshade. It was a simple matter of filing some paperwork, and it is official.

1 Sandstone, 127: Drew up plans for the Magma Forges today. We won’t be digging it out until the bedrooms are ready, but the plans are drawn up at least.

2 Sandstone, 127: Before we breach into the first cavern level, I’m having a drawbridge built and hooked up to a lever. Rather appropriately, it is to be made of Fungiwood, from a tree that was in the way in the second cavern level.

13 Sandstone,127: Migrants! They are:

Legan Stigazigest, Male Earth Pony Leatherworker
Sakub Odshukar, Female Unicorn Cook
Doren Vodnerir, Male Pegasus Milker
Shedin Ondinivom, Male Dark Alicorn Shearer (Yikes!)
Anir Dizeshozkak, Female Earth Pony Lye Maker
Esrel Stetarinshot, Female Keshi Fishery Worker
and Stistras Ondinsesh, Male Dark Alicorn Miner (Two of them!?)

Two Dark Alicorns in one Migration wave? What are the odds? Much less their coming in our final wave... Now that the population has reached 50 ponies, 51 to be exact, Mistyoceans will not be receiving any more migrants. Our civilization is small enough as it is; don’t want everybody moving out here. I do hope that our population, and thus the nations, will continue to grow, but that will take time.

20 Sandstone, 127: Put in an order for three more anvils today. We will need them once the magma forges are ready to be put into use. I’m also having the staircase widened, at least down to the roof of the first cavern level. Perhaps I should set up an observation deck down there, the staircase is already going to pierce the ceiling after all...

OOC No pitcures this time I'm afraid. Sorry.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2013, 01:07:20 pm »

Sabriel’s Journal

7 Moonstone, 127: I’m having some Copper chains forged for the jail; I want to have it ready before we actually need it. I’m also having some more storage space dug out on the top floor; we’re starting to run out of room.

10 Moonstone, 127: Esar’s slab is finally ready, so I’m having it set up near where he died.

1 Opal, 127: We have copper, and we have tin. Put them together, and you get bronze. I’m having some Bronze made.

9 Opal, 127: One of the Ents just grew up, and apparently it’s a Laraha tree... Some sort of Citrus tree I think.

16 Opal, 127: Nightshade was looking over the walls earlier, and he apparently saw a Jaguar. Lucky.

24 Opal, 127: Well, Itur just dragged that Jaguar in, dead. At least we get more to eat. Itur did not however get the kill. Our youngest member, Kal, did. Good for her.

26 Opal, 127: Got an Orchard workshop set up today. The fruit from our Ents wont go to waste now.

1 Obsidian, 127: Stelnith Seems to have stopped talking... I wonder what that’s all about.
Later: Oh. Just another strange mood. He has taken over the craftsponies workshop and started gathering materials.

7 Obsidian, 127: Why did nobody set up Esar’s slab!?! He’s Back! As a ghost. We wouldn’t have this problem if someone had set his slab up! Luckily, he doesn’t seem to be bothering anybody.

11 Obsidian, 127: Stelnith has been moping around in his workshop the last few days. We have only drawings to go by for what he needs, but the big ones seem to be stone blocks and cloth. Not a problem, I’ll get someone right on it.

14 Obsidian, 127: He grabbed them as soon as they were done, and has started work.

16 Obsidian, 127: The caravan is here! Lets start moving goods to the depot.

18 Obsidian, 127: Stelnith just finished his artifact: a figurine. Not much use for it I’m afraid. It does have a picture of the Titan that used to live on the Island though.

Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2013, 06:28:24 am »

Xaren's Journal
1 Opal, 127: I hear we're making bronze now. This is excellent news. Also, two of my dark "brothers" came in the final migrant wave. This will be interesting.
7 Obsidian, 127: So, Esar is back. As a ghost. How did this happen? Did Sabriel not order the carving of a memorial slab for him?!? Disgraceful.
18 Obsidian, 127: Stelnith just finished his artifact: a figurine. How.... useful.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2013, 06:33:23 am »

Is anyone alive here?

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2013, 01:45:59 pm »

Yes, Sorry. I'm afraid this will have to be concidered on hiatis for the time being. Monitor issues.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2013, 02:58:19 pm »

Ok.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2013, 09:14:49 pm »

OOC: Got my Monitor working again! To make up for the break, here is a save I uploaded just in case it was the tower. The last thing to happen was the figurine.

Sabriel’s Journal

20 Obsidian, 127: Traded some of our gems and a barrel of carrot jam for all of the caravan’s flux, a lime ent, a Bronze Whip, and some exotic food. That whip should come in handy, I’ve heard of people getting cut in half with them.

26 Obsidian, 127: For some odd reason, the diplomat insisted on seeing me outside. In the training area. While Kat was practicing. We didn’t even get anything done.

5 Granite, 128: Finally! Asen set up the Slab to Esar today, allowing him to move on. I sure gave the fort an ear-full on how lucky we were that Esar was not out for blood! And I should know!

19 Granite, 128: Finally got the diplomat to meet me in my office. Asked for more flux, as well some Gypsum powder for the hospital. I also told him a breeding pair of Tanks would be nice.

In other news, I’m having ten chains forged from bronze for the jail.

22 Granite, 128: It is my great pleasure to record the birth of the first new pony in our settlement: Ramol Beratherok, a Keshi Filly, born to Osal Degkatdir and Kor Veskatdir. May she live a long and happy life.

Sabriel’s Journal

4 Slate 128: Another outdoor meeting, what is up with this liaison? So unprofessional.

6 Slate 128: Slipped away from the diplomat for a few minutes today to order chests installed in the bedrooms. They will all have one, and hopefully a table and chair as well.

26 Slate, 128: Xaren came to up me to me today with some problematic news: we are out of coke, and we can’t expand the coalmine without breaching the flooded chamber. This will set us back somewhat. Fortunately, another coal vein is visible underwater, so I’ll have that mined out once the current digging projects are complete.

3 Felsite, 128: Another strange mood, and this time it’s Itur, our hunter. He’s claimed the craftspony’s workshop and started gathering materials.

4 Felsite, 128: Well. That was fast. He’s already gathered his materials, including a stack of bone bolts, and started work. I wonder what He’ll make with those.

6 Felsite, 128: Finally got the import agreement finished! By the Charter I hope we get someone else next year...

7 Felsite, 128: Well, 2 Months 21 days later, the liaison is finally ready to leave. That took forever.

Later: Itur has finished his artifact, an earring. Well, we have a pair now. No sign of bone though. Odd.

11 Felsite, 128: I’ve noticed our wood stocks are starting to get a little low, so I’ve issued instructions to cut the trees due north of the fortress. That should keep us in stock for a while.

27 Felsite, 128: Excavations are complete for the bedrooms- all 100 of them- and the smoothing and furniture set-up should be done within a few days. With this done, I’ve issued authorization for work to begin on the Magma forges. With any luck, we can get them up and running by the end of the year.

4 Hematite, 128: Lodged work orders for 20 rock Tables and Mechanisms today. Once we get enough chains, these will be used to equip the hospital with Traction Benches.

15 Hematite, 128: One of our surgeons, Nast Shedimnimak, gave birth today. The child is a Pegasus filly named Berath Sheensizzled.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:23:40 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5