Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Hobbit Music!  (Read 1484 times)

Emerald Salamander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Hobbit Music!
« on: January 01, 2013, 03:43:45 am »

Hey
(I hope this is the right thread)
I found the Hobbit music(Misty Mountains), and I love how it fits in the Dwarf Fortress. I just wanted to share the song with everyone just incase some people may have forgotten the name of the song or just forgot about it and would like to listen to it!
Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC-JOW2YafM

Hope everyone enjoys it!
"Therefore, I implore you, merry band of shit-for-brains midgets, to stop acting like idiots."

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hobbit Music!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 09:01:26 am »

Also the "Erebor" track, the "Dwarf Lords" track are great soundtrack for DF!
I'd also add "The world is ahead", for the Adventurer mode, although I have never played it so I'm not sure about this.
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Mooglit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 09:44:11 pm »

That movie was fantastic. Seeing the Dwarven Kingdom made me think; "Peter Jackson plays a mean game of Dwarf Fortress. But damn, his military needs some work." And how fitting the scenes with the dwarves were; Eating and fighting. Made me think only of Dwarf fortress.

"Hah. Bloody Dwarves~"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 10:02:35 pm »

It does also explain why all those craftsdwarves murderized all the goblins; they all entered martial trances.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 07:43:28 pm »

I just wish they had done the other twenty five verses, and not just the first two ... :(
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 08:13:19 pm »

Just recently watched this, and I'm in agreement about everything posted here so far.

Plus, I've been having this song running in my head ever since I watched the movie. Such an epic track.

Only other thing missing about the dwarves was that they didn't do any quantum stockpiling; especially with the gold stash, and bury it behind a wall.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:15:05 pm by Itnetlolor »

Urist McMontros

• Bay Watcher
  • HHNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 09:53:42 pm »

Only other thing missing about the dwarves was that they didn't do any quantum stockpiling; especially with the gold stash, and bury it behind a wall.

Eh, Smaug would most definitely be a building destroyer anyway. He'd melt that wall down before you could say Mountainhomes

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 10:32:34 pm »

That movie was fantastic. Seeing the Dwarven Kingdom made me think; "Peter Jackson plays a mean game of Dwarf Fortress. But damn, his military needs some work." And how fitting the scenes with the dwarves were; Eating and fighting. Made me think only of Dwarf fortress.

That movie inspired me to start a vanilla fortress on a mountain. It was going well, and then a dragon came.

O.O

Seriously though, the dragon was captured without incident. Now why didn't the dwarves of Erebor use cage traps?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 10:53:41 pm »

What I always wondered about the Hobbit is why Smaug died with a measly arrow while he eliminated a Mountainhome, and a developed human settlement.

Urist McMontros

• Bay Watcher
  • HHNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 10:56:35 pm »

What I always wondered about the Hobbit is why Smaug died with a measly arrow while he eliminated a Mountainhome, and a developed human settlement.

Adamantine arrow?

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 03:26:39 am »

Critical Hit + Weakness from Long Sleep (although for a Dragon I doubt that about 200 years can be considered a long time).
Bard had a Lucky Shot and hit the exact spot without a plate, thanks to the suggestion of a thrush (which in turn learned the weakness from Bilbo).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:30:00 am by TheKaspa »
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 03:54:11 am »

The arrow chipped a bone and then Smaug gave in to pain causing him to fall 30z levels into the water and drown(since dragons don't have NOBREATH).

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 07:15:15 am »

The story clearly states that it was no "measly arrow", but a very special Black Arrow inherited in Bard's family for generations, an arrow that always comes back to the archer somehow and never misses its target.

So no "measly arrow".
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 08:59:39 am »

If you haven't heard it you should listen to "song of the lonely mountain "by Neil fin.it played after the credits and oozed dorfiness
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

EpsilonSigma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 09:34:06 am »

A lot of the more 'relaxed' music in The Lord of the Rings fits DF quite well too. I found that out when a goblin invasion came and iTunes decided to play "Concerning Hobbits". Lost the fortress, but the dorfs died to a happy melody :)

Saw the movie yesterday. A few cage and weapon traps and a group of axelords would've solved everything.