Why would we need a map?
- 0 (0%)
Screw maps!
- 1 (2.5%)
ARMS FOR THE ARM CHAIR!
- 14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers  (Read 51236 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers
« Reply #285 on: January 04, 2013, 06:10:17 pm »

Send my angel to invisibly rip off one of Useal's arms. Then have the angel teleport away with the arm after yelling at Useal "LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE... LOST YOUR TOUCH. YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH."
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 04, 2013, 06:44:05 pm »

If that works, groan at the pun and (assuming this has no in-game effect at all, including use of magic) metaphysically slap him.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 04, 2013, 07:28:38 pm »

Applying to join in as Xandiel, Faerie of Technology and Creation
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 04, 2013, 07:34:58 pm »

...Why is the highest voted object on the poll "ARMS FOR THE ARM CHAIR!!!"? Oh, right... Bay12.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 04, 2013, 08:04:59 pm »

Yeah I'd like to join in as Jim the Fae of Domination and Order.  You know assuming you still need a Fae player.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 04, 2013, 08:17:31 pm »

I would also like my first action upon entry to be to create an afterlife according to the following specifications;

Create an ethereal world shaped by morality. Based on how good people had been in life, they will have increasing amounts of control over athe dreamscape. A saint will be as a god in the afterlife, shaping the ether to his will, as a sinner will be at the mercy of oblivion, helpless, the mists of creation ignoring his demands and pleadings.

Being one of my worshipers does not give you 'special privileges' in this afterlife; however, you will be allowed to contact loved ones through our temples, be able to inhabit the dreamscape when asleep, and be guided to the path of morality by those who lived it.

Morality is determined by two factors; the intentions the person had of doing good throughout their life, and what they actually did. Again, no favors are to be granted to mine or other's followers. The afterlife is, above all else, fair and unbiased.

Any gods may leave their creatures to be judged by me, or reincarnated as humans. They may request the same reincarnation for three mortal followers; if they want more, they will have to gain my explicit permission.

Jebyg, in exchange for his help in defending my afterlife, gets to have jurisdiction over the warriors of the world. However, if the warrior in question is determined to be almost purely evil, they are to be retained by me for special treatment.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 09:38:11 pm by Inithis »
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 04, 2013, 08:34:58 pm »

My first actions shall be

Send tremors to Avalon and the Celestial City. Tiny ones. Harmless ones.

Create a race of green scaled dragons who,

:Live in caves and hoard treasure.

:Lay eggs, live for about two hundred years.

:Are highly territorial and kick their young out of the cave when they can fend for themselves.

:And of course, have wings and breath fire.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 04, 2013, 08:40:46 pm »

Javier, in exchange for his help in defending my afterlife, gets to have jurisdiction over the warriors of the world. However, if the warrior in question is determined to be almost purely evil, they are to be retained by me for special treatment.
My name is Jebyg, javier is the plague devil.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 04, 2013, 08:44:21 pm »

Conditional on being accepted into the game, I'd like to

-Begin gathering great thinkers and creators to my court
-Working with them, attempt to create a prototype magical-technology device that can derive mana from sunlight and heat.
-Start attracting people to live in the surrounding area, promising a better life from our innovations so long as they contribute to my court (even if just with a tithe of resources) and give their worship to
Draco.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:17:21 pm by Corruptor »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 04, 2013, 08:58:40 pm »

Yeah if im in I'll;

Dominate group of humans, maybe a village.  Aid Corruptor if he wants my help and if he doesn't work on a metal golem design.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 04, 2013, 09:06:26 pm »

Yeah if im in I'll;

Dominate group of humans, maybe a village.  Aid Corruptor if he wants my help and if he doesn't work on a metal golem design.
I'd be happy to collaborate on a metal golem design

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 04, 2013, 09:12:20 pm »

Xandiel, perhaps you would be interested in some... business? While my domain isn't exactly technology, the secrets of the dead are rather unknown, and advance quickly, similarly to technology, and I am creating life in the dead. Would you care to serve as a messenger between me and my following, when it is needed? In return, I could grant you some favors, such as protection.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 04, 2013, 09:32:58 pm »

I find your terms amenable, Kazar, and look forward to our mutual gains.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 05, 2013, 10:05:28 pm »

Turn 5

World:

Tech: Recently discovered how to smelt iron(bronze may be better, but iron needs a high temp.)
Population:
Chaos Creatures: 5
Dwarves: 10
Eladrin: (.0)7
Fae: ?
Humans: 107
Wyverns: 11

Azaroth: Oh this should be fun... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMN6CuB6R1c what happens, more or less. Disregard the orcs and such. You're the guy at 0:43 with the horns. Orobos is the one that kills the priest with a hammer.) And it was. You even instructed Orobos to tone it down; if you won too easily, how would it be fun? Imagine when you can fight one of the gods with their army, and at full strength...those battles would be so wonderful! Some of the humans even welcome you, hungry for the power you displayed in your victory.
Battle Rating: 13
Fear Rating: 7
Followers gained: 14(1), 3(3)
Demon: Orobos(War)
Influence used: 50(7 upkeep,
Influence gained: 8
Influence: 48

Cupiditas: You can't seem to make them reproduce anything other than the other gender(no reproducing imps! >:C)'s species, but those they give birth to, or fertilize, do have some markedly different characteristics...they tend to have a stronger sex drive, darker or redder skin, be more beautiful than other members of their race, and are often sadistic. A few posses horns or tail, and they live a little longer than other members of their race, never aging out of their natural beauty. Your imps are still quite powerful though...and their spawn will love to come to your cult...once they grow up.
Agony Rating: 5
Lust Rating: 16
Imps: Narcisi, Incubus; Delecta, Succubus
Followers gained: 3(2)
Followers: 3(2)
Influence used: 57(7 upkeep, 25x2 Imps)
Influence gained: 27
Influence: 48

Javier: You glare at your hands as the magic fizzles and sputters. How annoying, you don't seem to be powerful enough yet to accomplish everything you set out to. At least you made an Imp and the Chaos Carriers. The other imp simply wouldn't form though. And now you probably don't have enough for anything else. In point of fact...you're...rather...tired...
Death Rating: 4
Plague Rating: 3
Followers gained: 1(4), 2(2), 1(3)
Followers lost: None. YIPPEE
Followers: 1(4), 3(3), 2(2), 9(1)
Demon: Haiphael the Disguised One(Trickery)
Imps: Rabis, Plague Imp
Influence used: 69(7 upkeep, 20 Chaos Carriers, 5 empowering disease, 20 Imp, 17 failed magic)
Influence gained: 25
Influence: 0 (Asleep)

Kazar: (They are not considered followers. And I don't really wanna bother with a pop. counter...suffice it to say you have a lot. A couple decades raising the dead?) You rest and relax as Tiall continues to raise the dead; fewer zombies now, and far more skeletons, as the plagues dissipate and the world begins to grow. Gastarik grows impatient though, and drifts away to try and amass a small gathering of his own; nothing that would harm you, he's just a bit bored.
Anger Rating: 4
Pride Rating: 14
Followers gained: 3(1)
Followers: 2(6), 3(1)
Demon: Gastarik the Rotting(Undeath)
Sorceror: Tiall of the Grinning Skull
Influence used: 22(7 upkeep, 15 mortal magic)
Influenced gained: 23
Influence: 15

Alrezar: Your talks held some good; the nymph's name is Cecilla, similar to a Naiad, but of water and cold. She doesn't think that impressing these 'barbarians' is all that hard, so you'll have to do something else in order to impress her...Delmas agrees to go with the raiders, who are glad for his strength, though they worry for their boats.
Followers gained: 2
Followers: 12
Faery Court: Delmas Frost Giant (Cold, Strength)
Magic used: 10(wind magic, upkeep while it's on)
Magic gained: 9
Magic: 71

Usael: An angel tries to rip one of your arms off! Good thing you fortified yourself. You punch him rather hard magically speaking, and you goes flying. And flying. And flying...The Hall of justice is wonderfully built(see Draco's), and you go out to look for fae followers, even as your human ones thrive. You find some, and a centaur lord speaks with you, but you'll have to find some incitement for him to pledge his loyalty to you.
Followers gained: 3
Followers: 9
Magic used: 10(5 fortification, 5 punching)
Magic gained: 10
Magic: 95

Celestia: You are no longer certain whether informing them was a good idea...though the city is good, some do not like the change, even for the better, and some leave to worship other gods. Disappointing, to be sure, but it is not your decision. Besides, the city is growing quickly, which should help offset that. The wyverns and the humans alike do not like or agree with your description, and being unsociable at best, several grow rather annoyed at your cuddling and condescending attitude. Others agree to help with large building, though, which should help, but they do not want straw for their nests. They want...gold? It seems they used hoards of soft metals to make nexts, being weak enough to bend to their shape, but strong enough to provide support. And they seem to eat some too, though it is shed. It forms their belly scales apparently...Strange. Ceramic and bricks being quite new, the citizens are wary of it, but upon finding how insulating it is, happily agree. And some have taken upon themselves to try and start building a cathedral to you! It could take a while, as they debate about how to make the sun reflect into it at what times.
Followers gained: 2(4), 2(3), 2(1)
Followers lost: 4(2)
Followers: 3(4), 2(3) 1(2), 20(1)
Worship used: 23(13 upkeep, 5 lighting, 5 heating)
Worship gained:32
Worship: 63

Draco: Hafri seems to be getting worse. A lot worse. The Eladrin met up and split into three groups of two, leaving Hafri near Tylea to try and rest. The miracles you grant are a little things, but there's a lot of them. Usael's temple is built, and dubbed the Hall of Justice. The Fae Lord imbues it to prevent lies and intentional misconceptions within it's boundaries, though like all contracts, there are loopholes. Blessed by you and consecrated, it compels all who see it to act more kindly and just. The altar, a majestic thing with a book of laws attached so the covers would be the stone itself, flips and turns at the behest of the Judge-Priest there. It seems an organized religion is starting to form around you. Wonderful.
Followers gained: 3(2), 1(4)
Followers lost: 2(1)
Followers: 1(6), 3(4), 6(2), 10(1)
Prophet: Magistrate Tylea
Worship used: 23(13 upkeep, 10 miracles)
Worship gained: 32
Worship: 43

Jebyg: This'll be expensive, you can tell. You focus on the dwarves first, and they know of smithing and armoring weapons and the tools to forge them. You couldn't figure out how to tell them to mine it, other than general ideas, though. They revere magma, and some have already made a pool in your image, industrious little bastards..The Chaos creatures also seem to be dying off in droves, though not all, for it's hard to kill something like them. Some of the dwarves don't worship you though. Annoying. Something about not needing you to survive, blasphemous little bastards. The afterlife realm simply couldn't be done though...you tried, but you couldn't. You stopped before you used up all of your power. Oh, and Meri was killed by Batar. Now it's just a question of whether Batar or Carolus will win...
Followers lost: 3(5), 4(2)
Followers gained: 9(3)
Followers: 1(5), 9(3), 8(1)
Prophet: Carolus the Harbinger
Champions: Batar the Destroyer
Worship used: 90(5 upkeep, 70 race creation, 15 failed plane creation)
Worship gained: 36
Worship: 5

Nikalas: Your followers obey, though not without reluctance. But they did, in the end, go, picking up some more coverts along the way. Few heroes were worthy, but, then, there were still a few. Really, it was quite uneventful for you, this decade.
Followers gained: 1(3), 1(2), 3(1)
Followers lost: None
Followers: 1(5), 2(3), 3(2), 13(1)
Prophet: Iskai the Undaunted
Worship used: 13(13 upkeep)
Worship gained: 22
Worship: 13

Protogenos: Unlike many gods, you actually listen to your prophet, and ask for his advice; you made his race intelligent for a reason. It seems the wyvernslayers have been gaining support, and claiming, at least, that the wyverns are ravenous, devouring beasts that kill the human's livestock, sometimes for nothing, and will kill people and raze villages as likely as ask your name. While it's true they need to eat a lot, they never waste...so that's got to be an exaggeration...hopefully. (32, actually, sorry) There are now a few hundred of the killers, and they seem to know not only exactly where the species is, but how to find, kill, or hide from them. Well equipped...so strange.
Followers gained: None. Sadface. See? :( Or at least not enough to counter your losses...
Followers lost: 1(2), 1(3)
Followers: 3(3), 7(2), 5(1)
Prophet: Yeiss, Black of Scale and Eye
Worship used: 10(10 upkeep)
Worship gained: 33(worship)
Worship: 55

Jim, Xandiel, Gray, and Inithis: You're pretty much good. Your stuff happened, I just don't feel the need or desire to post the big long things I give everyone else to you this turn.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:02:47 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 05, 2013, 10:25:16 pm »

SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!1!1!!1!1!1!1!!!1!1!1!1!
(And if the small amount of power scapheap gives me awakens me, stop mcclay from participating in the fight,send my imp to go into the town to do as he wishes, and my demon to fight Racnor)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:43:11 pm by javierpwn »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37