Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 37 The dark mine  (Read 21319 times)

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 30 The dark mine
« Reply #255 on: January 19, 2013, 01:53:27 pm »

------------
Turn 31
------------

Cast neurotixic arrows, search the green room for any poisons I can use, warn the group if I feel any more souls coming closer to us.
You hold your hand over your quiver of arrow and utter the arcane word "toxicon", your arrows start to glow and drip with a magical poison. You follow Grey and the rest of the party into the green room, keeping a eye out for anything that could be used as a poison.
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
((No need to tell what you cast the spell on, so the world Neurotoxin alone would have sufficed. There also no need to explain to me what your spell does as I will be deciding what it does based off of the word you have chosen.))

Go for the green room
You and the rest of the party enter the right, green, room. Your eyes are immediately drawn to the ceiling of the room where the kobolds seem to be cultivating some sort of mushroom which are giving off a faint green glow. You look around further and notice that on the ground and walls there several more types of mushrooms and other plants in various states of growth. Seems like the kobold are trying to cultivate a food source or perhaps potion and poison ingredients. One of the sides of the room there is a set of tables with several pots, vials and crude alchemical equipment. The pots are labeled but are sadly written in kobold tongue so they help little to tell you what is inside these pots.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 31 The dark mine
« Reply #256 on: January 19, 2013, 01:55:41 pm »

Use sorcerous knowledge on alchemical thingamabobs.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 19, 2013, 02:00:52 pm »

Go to the beds room.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 19, 2013, 02:05:51 pm »

Replenish my soul detection spell then check all the chemicals and ingredients to see if any can be used for poisons.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 19, 2013, 07:35:55 pm »

April keeps following.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 20, 2013, 04:54:38 am »

Sniff the mushrooms to see if I recognise any of them from my shamanic training.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 32 The dark mine
« Reply #261 on: January 20, 2013, 02:29:46 pm »

------------
Turn 32
------------

Use sorcerous knowledge on alchemical thingamabobs.
You immediately drift over to the tables with the alchemical 'thingamabobs'. Thankfully you paid attention at your alchemy classes in university and can easily identify their apparatus. The devices are rather crude compared to your own standards but they would probably do the job, you can see several mortars, some with grounded material in it, alembics, retorts, a calcinator, a crucible and of course all sorts of glassware. The equipment is, surprisingly enough, clean. Perhaps when the mine is safe you could try to brew something.

Replenish my soul detection spell then check all the chemicals and ingredients to see if any can be used for poisons.
You draw on your low mana reserves and mumble "Animus Deprehensio". With your spell extended you walk over the tables with the alchemical equipment and ingredients. You start opening jars, pots and bottles in a effort to try and identify them but after some minutes you have made no headway and have no idea what could be used to make into poisons. If only the kobold had marked their jars in common.

Sniff the mushrooms to see if I recognize any of them from my shamanic training.
You walk over to one of the corners of the little farm where the kobold are growing several mushrooms. You take a whiff of them in a effort to identify them, your head spins a little from the heavy smell and spores. After looking at them a bit closer you realize that you recognize most of them, a large quantity of the mushrooms have no special properties and are simply for consumption but some of them you know to be quite poisonous, only one of them is lethal however and the rest of the shrooms either cause sickness or hallucinations.

Go to the beds room.
April keeps following.
Grey, April and Cearn find little use in the alchemy/farm room and go to inspect the other room. Cearn leads them with torch in hand to the other room, within you find a few beds made out of a grey-ish wood but most of the sleeping places are bedrolls on the ground. There are a few seats and tables in the room. One of the tables has a spilled deck of card on them and a extinguished candle, a small trail of smoke rises from it. The candle is of a fine quality, most likely stolen from one of the caravans they have raided. The party searches further for anything interesting and find a medium-sized chest half hidden behind one of the tables.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 20, 2013, 02:34:42 pm »

"It in a bedroom so it not going to be trapped, I hope."

Grey opened(or try to)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 20, 2013, 02:52:03 pm »

Try to brew up some healing drink and throwable poisons.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 20, 2013, 03:12:58 pm »

Continue my search for poisons then attempt a ritual to regenerate some mana.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 20, 2013, 04:16:50 pm »

Show Duros the poisonous mushrooms, take a selection of the hallucinogenic ones. They may be useful for healing magic and are used in our mana regenerating rituals.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 21, 2013, 11:51:51 am »

Caern stares at the candle for a while, keeping his musings to himself for a while.
"Hmm...I guess they put the fire out when they heard us and ran off to face the intruders."

Check the table and the candle, see if they were betting any cash on their card games.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 33 The dark mine
« Reply #267 on: January 21, 2013, 03:02:14 pm »

------------
Turn 33
------------

Grey opened(or try to)
As you open the chest you hear a loud click. Prepared for possible traps you immediately jump back the moment you hear the sound, dodging the small puff of powder that the trapped chest spews into the air. After the powder settles you take a look into the chest and find a pouch with 16 gold in it, a pair of stinky leather boots, a blue tinted crystal and a note written in the kobold language.

Try to brew up some healing drink and throwable poisons.
You grab raw materials from random jars and pots and put them into the alchemical apparatus. It heats up quickly and it starts to boil and simmer violently the mixture constantly shifting colors. And then it explodes. In your face. You are sprayed with glass shards and hot magical liquid, you scream out in pain.

Continue my search for poisons then attempt a ritual to regenerate some mana.
You keep looking for anything you can use as a poison but you aren't any more successful then the last time you looked. You then decide to replenish your mana and etch a magic circle into the floor. Having no proper item to use in the ritual you are forced to sacrifice some of your own life force in order to call upon your patron. After a minute of meditation you feel the presence of Aethyr in your very soul and you can feel your mana being replenished.

Show Duros the poisonous mushrooms, take a selection of the hallucinogenic ones. They may be useful for healing magic and are used in our mana regenerating rituals.
You take a portion of both the poisonous and hallucinogenic mushrooms, showing the poisonous ones to Duros. These mushroom are only lethal when ingested but perhaps Duros knows a way to make use of it.

Check the table and the candle, see if they were betting any cash on their card games.
You check the table for any coin the kobold may have left behind but you find none. The only other things on the table are utensils. The candle however is being held up by decorative candleholder. You put it up to your torch so you can see it better and note that it is made out of a high quality iron. The decorations are rich and you can see the stamp of the maker on the bottom: K.G.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 21, 2013, 03:10:21 pm »

"Fuck! No, no augh, my eyes! Shower!"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 21, 2013, 04:14:59 pm »

If he needs it, heal at Derm's eyes. If not, check those boots by sniffing them. Does the scent reveal anything about where these kobolds have come from?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21