Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 37 The dark mine  (Read 21309 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 28 The dark mine
« Reply #240 on: January 17, 2013, 07:36:56 am »

Refresh light spell, then do a mana regen ritual.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 17, 2013, 07:41:12 am »

"Let see what you lot have."

Search the kobold bodies for stuff.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 17, 2013, 10:15:26 am »

April sighs. "Yeah, fine, go ahead..." April lets herself be healed.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2013, 11:02:26 am »

Cast the spell again.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2013, 11:22:43 am »

As he waited for his team to get ready, Caen couldn't help but note things probably wouldn't get easier from now on.
"For how much time will the wall of earth behind us stand? The kobolds that were coming from our rearguard may have tried another path to bring them here."

Keep standing guard.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 29 The dark mine
« Reply #245 on: January 17, 2013, 06:28:57 pm »

------------
Turn 29
------------

Heal April
You rush over to April and put your hands over her. "Sana" you mutter and your hands glow a soft blue, healing some of April's wounds.
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Refresh light spell, then do a mana regen ritual.
You wave with your hands and say the arcane words. "Extended Illuminate". The spell itself remains the game but you can feel the energy stored for the maintenance for the spell within yourself increase a little. You then etch a magic circle into the floor of the tunnel, much like grey. You then tear off a piece of cloth of a dead kobold's clothing and using your flint and tinder you set it alight. You use the resulting fire as your conduct to Ignis and after a minute or so of concentration you feel the presence of your patron within you. The energy within you grows from a ember to a roaring fire.

Search the kobold bodies for stuff.
You riffle through the pockets of the kobold for anything valuable. Unlike the patrol you encountered earlier these kobold are not carrying teeth and instead have a few coins. You gather 14 gold crowns in total. Otherwise they have the same gear: leather armor and spears.

April lets herself be healed.
You allow Facol's healing wash over you and you feel a little bit better.

Cast the spell again.
Not satisfied with your results you try again. "Animus Deprehensio" you incant a second time. When you finish the spell you immediately sense something, your own soul. A few seconds later you sense five other souls, those of your companions. Each soul has a different feel to you, a unique fingerprint. A few more seconds and you can sense seven other souls besides those of your own and your companions. Two of those are further down the tunnel, most likely the wounded kobolds. Those two soon vanish from your senses as they leave the range of your newly gained sixth sense. The other five souls you sense are some distance behind one of the walls of the tunnel, these five souls are also heading away from you and are soon gone from your senses.

Keep standing guard.
Aware of your surroundings you keep standing guard, prepared for any kobold trickery.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 17, 2013, 06:33:20 pm »

Chase after the fleeing kobolds using stealth as much as possible, shoot them if I get close enough and stop if I pick up new souls.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 06:46:11 pm by mesor »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 17, 2013, 06:43:41 pm »

Cast 'Protection' on Duros before he go. Follow from a distance.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 17, 2013, 06:45:43 pm »

Follow, but stay near the back of the group.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 17, 2013, 06:51:52 pm »

Down the tunnel. Keep at the rear.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 17, 2013, 07:51:17 pm »

April follows in the middle, only shooting at kobolds who aren't fleeing.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 29 The dark mine
« Reply #251 on: January 18, 2013, 07:49:55 am »

Caern notices the team seems ready and starts to move with them, seemingly musing over something as he walks for some moments before returning his attention to the tunnel ahead.
"Hmm..."

Moving on with the team, defend the most wounded teammate.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 30 The dark mine
« Reply #252 on: January 18, 2013, 12:53:51 pm »

------------
Turn 30
------------

Chase after the fleeing kobolds using stealth as much as possible, shoot them if I get close enough and stop if I pick up new souls.
You move on ahead, chasing the kobolds. You try to stick to the shadow as much as possible but you find it hard to do so with so little cover in the tunnel, you manage somewhat however. You stumble in the darkness without the light sources of your party, who are a bit behind you, and you almost fall down the slope in front of you. Before the slope there are two holes however, the holes the kobold came out of. The hole to the right of you has a soft green glow coming from it but the left side hole is completely dark to you.

Cast 'Protection' on Duros before he go. Follow from a distance.
Seeing Duros go on ahead you decide to help him out a little in case something happens. You stretch out you arms and incant the word "Praesidium". For a second Duros glows a solid green due to the protection you put on him but the glow fades away quickly, you follow him from a distance.
Spoiler: Roll (click to show/hide)

Follow, but stay near the back of the group.
Down the tunnel. Keep at the rear.
April follows in the middle, only shooting at kobolds who aren't fleeing.
Moving on with the team, defend the most wounded teammate.

The rest of the party also gets moving and soon catches up to Duros. With a light source the party can see a slope go down deeper into the mines infront of them. To the right there is a hole leading into what seems to be freshly dug out chamber, a soft green glow is coming from inside of it. To the left there is another hole also leading into a chamber, the torch and glow spell reveal a few beds from your position. You can either investigate these side rooms the kobolds came from or go down the slope and head down deeper into the mine.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 18, 2013, 01:16:42 pm »

Go for the green room

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 18, 2013, 01:44:57 pm »

"Neurotoxic arrows."

Cast neurotixic arrows, search the green room for any poisons I can use, warn the group if I feel any more souls coming closer to us.

(( Poisoned arrows that will paralyse within seconds of impact upon flesh. Non lethal unless the arrow hits something important. ))
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 01:53:00 pm by mesor »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21