Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 37 The dark mine  (Read 21295 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 33 The dark mine
« Reply #270 on: January 21, 2013, 04:30:46 pm »

Take gold(I think I took the other gold as well.) and the blue crystal, try and make sense of the note.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 21, 2013, 04:50:33 pm »

Caern shrugs before taking the candleholder.
"Maybe this had an owner I can return it to."

Loot candleholder and cards.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 21, 2013, 05:44:48 pm »

April wanders off boredly, into another room if she can find one.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 21, 2013, 07:59:53 pm »

Head back into the tunnel and move further down it, stop if I sense new enemies or move to far to sense the team.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 34 The dark mine
« Reply #274 on: January 22, 2013, 04:09:53 am »

------------
Turn 34
------------

"Fuck! No, no augh, my eyes! Shower!"
In a fit of panic you draw on your mana cast the spell "Multitudo!" You are showered in praise by disembodied voices "Well done! What a show." "Best alchemist ever!" you are not sure if you like the tone of these voices.
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

If he needs it, heal at Derm's eyes. If not, check those boots by sniffing them. Does the scent reveal anything about where these kobolds have come from?
His eyes are only effected by the potion liquid but the rest of him is covered in glass shards however. You pull out the shards and incant "Sana". Your hands glow a soft blue and the damage done by the shards is healed.

Take gold(I think I took the other gold as well.) and the blue crystal, try and make sense of the note.
You pocket the gold and crystal. You then take a look at the note but it is entirely written in the Yipyap language of the kobolds and you can make little sense out of it. You will either have to get somebody who can read the language or use magic to decipher it.

Loot candleholder and cards.
You pocket the candle-holder and cards, you never know when you might need such things.

April wanders off boredly, into another room if she can find one.
These are the only two rooms you have access to at this moment without going further down into the tunnel.

Head back into the tunnel and move further down it, stop if I sense new enemies or move to far to sense the team.
You head down the slope, further down into the tunnel. After a few steps you hear a snap under your feet and then the sound of something hitting the ground behind you. You turn around quickly to find several logs rolling down the slope towards you!

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 05:42:00 am by Zarule »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 22, 2013, 04:12:57 am »

Jump over or dodge aside from them.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 22, 2013, 04:19:18 am »

Cast 'language knowledge'(stare at the note while casting), do a ritual(use the crystal unless it would get consumed in which case grab a stone)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 22, 2013, 06:52:24 am »

Wait for someone else to head Duros’ way and follow them.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 22, 2013, 07:02:42 am »

"I think it is about time to move on if we are done searching around. We can always check the notes on the move." Caern says, noticing his companions are mostly done and some seem ready to move on.

Start to move further down the tunnel if more people from the team follow.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 22, 2013, 07:38:25 am »

"Ugh... thanks.

Try to wipe this crap off.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:34:57 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 22, 2013, 10:17:14 am »

April wanders off further down the tunnel, or follows others if they're moving down the tunnel too.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 35 The dark mine
« Reply #281 on: January 22, 2013, 01:24:17 pm »

------------
Turn 35
------------

Jump over or dodge aside from them.
Three logs are rolling towards you and with the size of those the only way is up! You jump over the first one and second one with relative ease but with your second jump you land on top of the last log and lose your balance. You hit the ground hard and it would have hurt badly if it weren't for Grey's shield spell. Facol offers you hand and he pulls you up and you dust yourself off. That could have gone a lot worse.

Cast 'language knowledge'(stare at the note while casting), do a ritual(use the crystal unless it would get consumed in which case grab a stone)
"Lingua Scientiam." you utter. The writing on the note suddenly becomes.. mostly comprehensible. There is little one can do about the literacy of this particular kobold. The note says:

Stop stealun my shtuff, Malx!
I hope you choket on that mushroom dust, you thievin bastard.
If I find my stuf missin again I will kill you in your zleep!

Well, that was a waste of time and mana. You pull slightly on your mana reserves and can sense that you have used up about half of it. Best to refill it, you etch a magic circle into the ground and using a pebble nearby you make contact with Gaia. Soon you feel her presence and your mana is restored to full, the pebble within your hands is reduced to dust. The moment you are finished with your ritual you jog a bit to catch up with your party.

Try to wipe this crap off.
You use a somewhat clean part of your robe to try and get your face clean. You manage to get some of the stuff of your face but the liquid proves to be quite stubborn on your feathers and clothing and you are still covered in it. As you try to get yourself clean you follow the rest of the party.

Wait for someone else to head Duros’ way and follow them.
Start to move further down the tunnel if more people from the team follow.
April wanders off further down the tunnel, or follows others if they're moving down the tunnel too.
Duros having "disarmed" the trap the party starts heading down the slope, carefully. Soon you find another hole, also dark. Caern pushes his torch and head around the edge of the "doorway" and finds the room empty. It's another bedroom although this one seems to be a bit more personal. There are six beds in total and several hides are hung up against the wall. There is also a table with some seats, you find another candle on it but this time there is no smoke coming from it and on the table you find a small bag with teeth in it. The only other things of notice in the room is the stack of boxes in one of the corners and a weapon racket with spears and slings.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 05:07:30 am by Zarule »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 22, 2013, 01:39:42 pm »

Recast soul detection then pick out the best spear for myself.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 01:41:21 pm by mesor »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 22, 2013, 01:50:57 pm »

"A bag of teeth?"

Investigate bag(or big) of teeth.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 22, 2013, 04:04:53 pm »

"Ignus, this stuff just won't come off. Clean damn you, Clean!"

Search through boxes.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21