Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 37 The dark mine  (Read 21333 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 16
« Reply #135 on: January 09, 2013, 12:58:48 pm »

Attempt to use the mana regen ritual seeing as I haven't been in combat for a small while.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 17
« Reply #136 on: January 09, 2013, 06:53:16 pm »

------------
Turn 17
------------

Block it escape.

You move in front of the kobold, blocking his intended path. He stops and looks at you with fear in it's eyes, realizing it won't be able to escape. But then you see something else in it's eyes: determination. Before you can react it pulls out a small knife from a hidden place and slits it's own throat. Blood splashes on the ground and the kobold falls over. Dead.
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

"Heal" at me.

With a hand upon your own wound you gather some mana. "Consano" you incant. Your hand glows a slight blue and your wound feels less painful.

Attempt to use the mana regen ritual seeing as I haven't been in combat for a small while.

With the combat over you decide to ignore your very mortal wounds and perform a ritual instead, using your half-phoenix feather as a conduit. You take a few minutes to draw a magic circle and when it's done you sit down inside of it with a meditative posture. You call upon Ignis, your patron, and the runes of the circle start to glow. The feather in your hands bursts into flames and you can feel the presence of another within your mind. Soon the presence is gone and the feather consumed leaving you with a refreshing feeling. If you ignore the pain that is.

As the adrenaline fades away the party calms down, you have survived the battle. At this point groaning can be heard from the direction of the knocked out kobold.

Status
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 09, 2013, 06:55:02 pm »

Disarm the kobold before it wakes up then search the bodies of all the dead kobolds.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:10:47 pm by mesor »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 09, 2013, 07:00:57 pm »

April also goes in to swipe the weaponry off of the kobold.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 17 Kobold Goulash
« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2013, 08:19:04 pm »

"Little help here?" Derm asked.

Aid in any healing attemps used on me. If none, try first aid upon myself.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 07:56:54 am by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2013, 03:07:40 am »

Facol sprints over to Derm, throwing himself through the air and swatting derm's non-expert healing hands away from himself before he... unheals himself or something. He quickly rubs Derm all over, shouting "Heal!" in as assertive a voice as possible.

"You probably shouldn't try that yourself, young man. Healing magic can be terribly dangerous in the wrong hands. I once had an uncle who healed his own leg off in a drunken rage, I'll tell you about it later. Suffice to say that was the time I learnt my expert tracking skills. And the best soup recipe ever."

Afterwards he has a sit down and searches his belongings for a drink.

Intervene and heal Derm first before he does something silly.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2013, 03:32:35 am »

Guard the kobold so it doesn't sneak off while we look the other way
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 10
« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2013, 01:07:26 pm »

Caern stares at Facol trying to rub the feminine-looking half-phoenix man "all over" and raises an eyebrow.
"...I'll look the other way."

Look the other way, aka, see if there are any more enemies nearby.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 18 Kobold Goulash
« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2013, 04:42:01 pm »

------------
Turn 18
------------

Disarm the kobold before it wakes up then search the bodies of all the dead kobolds.

While trying to get to the groaning kobold you stumble over your own feet and fall face first into a pile of cow dung. Terrific.

April also goes in to swipe the weaponry off of the kobold.

April proves to be much more competent as she reaches the kobold in a flash to kick up the kobold's spear into the air and catch it deftly with one hand. As she twirls the spear around dexterously a cocky grin appears on her face.

Intervene and heal Derm first before he does something silly.
Aid in any healing attemps used on me. If none, try first aid upon myself.

Facol knees down next to Derm and grabs medical supplies from his backpack. He goes to work as best as he can and with aid from his patient the wounds are soon stitched and bandaged. Derm lets out a sigh of relief knowing he won't bleed out just yet. He will need some rest before his wounds are completely healed however.

Guard the kobold so it doesn't sneak off while we look the other way

You stand next to April, keeping a eye on the kobold. The kobold in question soon rises into a sitting position. It holds it head with blurry eyes, it doesn't seem to be in good shape.

Look the other way, aka, see if there are any more enemies nearby.

As April and Gray already have the prisoner covered you decide to keep your eyes aimed outwards. You scan the immediate area but do not find anything unusual. Well, besides Duros with a face full of dung that is.

Status
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2013, 04:47:44 pm »

Keep a guard out while the other question the kobold.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2013, 04:50:38 pm »

"Right, note to self, we have people for melee." Derm tells himself as he gets to his feet. "I'm good for now."

Loom near kobold to aid in indimidation.

((I just remembered, do phoenixes have healing tears or am I confusing mythology with Harry potter?))
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:57:20 pm by dermonster »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 10, 2013, 04:54:45 pm »

Search the dead.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 18
« Reply #147 on: January 10, 2013, 05:03:56 pm »

Keep waiting until the team is done with their stuff.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 10, 2013, 05:21:34 pm »

Now heal self.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 10, 2013, 06:35:56 pm »

April waits for the kobold to be coherent/understanding of its surroundings, then asks why they were so... suicidal.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21