Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: [Suggestion Game] Demon  (Read 16749 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion Game] Demon
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2013, 05:28:03 pm »

I vote, convince the kid that the master won't believe his story (because wizards are so arrogant, and he'll assume the kid summoned a demon, and won't change his mind) and so he needs to hide us. Us meaning our demon, not the demon and the kid.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2013, 12:58:06 am »

If the Wizard is a creator and not a summoner, you've been released. You're free. Ambush the wizard while the kid is lying about you and kill him to death.

Preferably by expanding rapidly behind a large and heavy object. To crush his wizardy bits.

We keep the kid, and are completely free to break in fresh meat recruits.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2013, 04:00:31 am »

Do a puppy-eyes/suggestion combo and tell the kid that we reallyreallyreally don't want the master to fix what he broke (meaning send us back to hell). Also, ask him whether there are holy words or something one can use against the demons in case one of them decides to drag us back into hell.

On that matter, how can we kill the master, apart from transforming into something bad and physically murdering him? Do we have any offensive spells?

Also, doesn't the rune due to which we can't harm the apprentice apply anymore?

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2013, 06:59:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You look at the apprentice, again Your... your master sounds like someone who won't believe you... he might... You widen your eyes, looking scared due to what you 'just' remembered What if he wants to send me back? You've got to help me! Help me hide me. Again, the boy annoyingly doesn't even answer you, but instead leads you to his oaken cabinet, opening the door. You slip in, and he closes it again.
It's pretty dark inside, and you're lucky to have such a great sense of hearing. You hear... well, aside from several inconsequential things, you hear the boy standing around, then his imagination kicking in, and you hear him frantically trying to erase that pentagram, and bring his room in a more respectable state. Well, with his master nearing, you doubt he'll be ready in time. And, undoubtedly, you're right, hearing him climb the stairs after only a few minutes.
The picture lying before him once opening the door must have been amusing, if he hadn't been concerned directly. His apprentice, scrubbing the floor like mad, a half-erased pentagram, a dozen or so candles... He naturally stops immediately in his tracks, probably looking irritated, before taking a breath like probably few before, and beginning to shout: What did you do, you lousy know-nothing? Did you try summoning a freaking demon, you irresponsible greenhorn? Well, what he lacks in innovative swear words he more than makes up in volume. The assistant is stunned at first, too, and needs a bit to answer in the directly opposite volume. I didn't... he wasn't... I couldn't... I tried to... failed... Well, it's not as if you were a demon of trickery, but even a small child would certainly not believe that lie. And, neither does the mage. Instead, he pulls the apprentice up at his collar, and throws him beyond his back. That demon better not be here., and obviously begins casting a spell. You're quite sure it could be summarised as 'Find the next demon', or 'Find the next magical energy around'. You're quite sure, too, that you can't hide from it. The obvious solution, of course, is to attack.

You step out of your cabinet, arms held apart in a gesture of peace. Please, Sir. I'm not a demon. I've been abducted by them, and your apprentice saved me. Please, stop casting. Uhm, he does not seem to buy it at all. As you certainly do not want to be afflicted by whatever magic he's brewing, you slowely come closer. He drops his spell, and instead, a small amount of fire appears in his hands. Do not come closer! This certainly does not look well.

You charge. While a fireball may seem quite impressive, immediately throwing one also means he has foregone any kind of protection, beyond whatever his robes may offer. You cover the small distance to him in less than a second, your form slipping, and preparing. Instead of a clearly cut, human feminine head, you now have a bulky head with visible bones, instead of human hands, claws, and instead of a normal body, a mixture of your former, muscular form and protective plates.
The second you needed too short, you slam into the wizard before he even attempted to throw the fireball, your new claws extended. Hitting, of course. With two one and a half meter claws sticking through his chest, you're quite sure he's dead. That was fun.
Now, however, you need to decide what to do with the apprentice - who appears to have fainted -, the tower, its inhabitants, and yourself.

Spoiler: Ourista (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Impact (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:07:18 pm by 3_14159 »

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2013, 07:02:45 pm »

Also, ask him whether there are holy words or something one can use against the demons in case one of them decides to drag us back into hell.
There are no holy words to banish you, but an adequately believing human may hinder you to come closer if he tries.
To banish you, wizards need to cast a spell. However, the more powerful you become, the harder it gets.
On that matter, how can we kill the master, apart from transforming into something bad and physically murdering him? Do we have any offensive spells?
I decided against trying to find out whether you possess spells until after the guy throwing fireballs died. You may need to find out...

Also, doesn't the rune due to which we can't harm the apprentice apply anymore?
Correct. During summoning, it did apply, now that you're let out of the pentagram, it doesn't.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2013, 07:07:25 pm »

Keep the apprentice, he makes a good cover. A better one than just a pretty woman.

Become a plain jane girl to look like someone he could actually score. Now that the master is dead, doesn't the apprentice technically own the tower? Wake him up and have him show the place to you as if there was never any other master.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2013, 07:11:33 pm »

Keep the apprentice, he makes a good cover. A better one than just a pretty woman.

Become a plain jane girl to look like someone he could actually score. Now that the master is dead, doesn't the apprentice technically own the tower? Wake him up and have him show the place to you as if there was never any other master.
Agreed. Also, loot the master's body. We can presumably create cavities within our form to hold anything smaller than it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 07, 2013, 04:16:47 am »

Uh, but we can't follow an order without leaving the pentagram, so I assume the runes also apply when we have one. When else do they apply?

Practice offensive spells on the apprentice. Then shapeshift to look like the master. Devour his body and, optionally, his apprentice's. If the servants become suspicious, convince them that your foolish apprentice tried a summoning that has gone awry.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2013, 06:06:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You change back, into your 'normal' looking human female form. At least for now. You quickly search the master's body, but he doesn't seem to have any possessions with him, apart from some coins - which you take -, a bit of stale bread - which you don't take -  and his robe.
You then look down onto the fainted apprentice, and try scorching him with a mighty fireball, but don't manage anything but light scorch marks on his face. For now. However, he appears to come back to his senses. You decide using that time to decide what to do.

Spoiler: What to do now? (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 05:48:40 pm by 3_14159 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2013, 06:39:04 pm »

Greet the apprentice. See how he reacts. Then turn into master's form and pretend this was an extremely elaborate test.
Sig

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2013, 06:47:24 pm »

Greet the apprentice. See how he reacts. Then turn into master's form and pretend this was an extremely elaborate test.

He's broken, this will work pretty well.

Also try to break the other inhabitants of the tower. Then go see a man about a fish.

As in, go hide out in the fisherman's village and look for depressed people to harvest.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2013, 06:53:04 pm »

He's broken, this will work pretty well.

Also try to break the other inhabitants of the tower. Then go see a man about a fish.

As in, go hide out in the fisherman's village and look for depressed people to harvest.
+1
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2013, 03:58:04 am »

Shapeshift to look like the master, devour his body and convince the boy that the girl has been a demon whom you've dispatched.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 14, 2013, 05:48:05 pm »

You try to devour the Master's body, but simply can't muster the appetite. Or maybe you can't eat something as big as yourself. Looks like the book was wrong again. However, you manage to store him inside the cabinet, and cover the remaining, strangely red floor with a rough carpet lying around. Then, you change to the Master's outfit. Old man, mighty beard, walling cloak, and even the pointy hat. You don't need a mirror to know you look just like him. And just at the right moment, as the Apprentice begins raising.
You don't even need to convince him to believe you; he's that fixated on you. So, when you tell him his demon summoning was an elaborate test, he looks a bit confused (well, nowadays he always does), and follows you downstairs, where you tell the two servants to pack all the things needed for a 'research trip' towards the northern village. You don't yet break them, seeing as you need to do something to not get bored during the hike. Which you'll, by the way, take on the wizard's notsomighty horse.

What do you do? What are your long-term plans with (and in) the northern village?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 14, 2013, 06:08:37 pm »

I say we try to basically turn the villagers against each other, killing people here and there in ways that make them suspect each other, convincing them to have affairs, so on and so forth until the village eats itself from the inside. Then, move on to the next. This is long-term, though. As for short-term, I think we should test our powers on animals while we're on the trip. I'm assuming that we'll have some time after we break the servants' mind. The reason for this is since we have demons and wizards, I'm assuming that the world we're in is a usual fantasy setting, such as Lord of the Rings. If the creatures we break require sentience, then oh well. Otherwise, well, let's just say we could convince some dragons and trolls that humans are tasty.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12