Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: [Suggestion Game] Demon  (Read 16742 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion Game] Demon
« Reply #135 on: January 01, 2013, 05:27:45 am »

Why does everyone want to kill the damn kid but me? How the fuck did i end up in a situation where i am the voice of reason?!
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 01, 2013, 05:30:02 am »

Being the some voice against murder does not necessarily make you the voice of reason, though it does make a particularly compelling argument for it.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2013, 05:31:46 am »

Who said anything about killing? We still don't know how much control we actually exert on the kid outside of our suggestions. Let's proceed with my previous suggestion in two posts.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2013, 05:34:55 am »

I wanted to kill him before when we first started, along with a city full of people but now we've talked to the kid. He hasn't even had his first brutal mugging in a back alleyway yet! I just... i just can't rob a person of their first murder either.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:49:48 am by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2013, 06:04:42 am »

I still say we need to get out of the room. We need to start doing something. After we figure out our weaknesses or anything similar, we should make the kid follow us. Find out what the normal dress is. Blend in. Start breaking people to follow us silently. Gather an army.

Why does everyone want to kill the damn kid but me? How the fuck did i end up in a situation where i am the voice of reason?!

That doesn't sound like killing to me.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2013, 07:56:58 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Letting your shapeshifting trials stop for a moment, you try to concentrate on the important parts: What kills you? Well, you don't know yet, you've never been killed. However, you can try to make one or two guesses.
You can change your skin itself to be more resilient to weapons, at the cost of appearing like scales or plates. However, you're not sure if it's actually necessary to do so - your body itself is homogeneous, without blood or any major organs - unlike mortal bodies. You just know you heal fast - or actually, they heal slow - so with a bit of rest you should be up again after half a day or so. And, if the book is to be believed, you can't be killed permanently without some ritual to be performed, but return after a century or so. You really, really do not want to test that.
Still thinking about those facts, you step to the window, to look outside. It's late in the morning, on a nice spring's day. You now find your assumption confirmed: You really are on an island. The ruined fortress your tower is in is on a land tongue, extending far to the south east, and forming a big, sheltered bay, in which a small village lies, about ten kilometres from you. You can clearly see two big ships, probably traders, in port there, and a couple of smaller anchorages, probably for fisher boats. You even see the trader's crew, seemingly fixing minor damages, probably from a longer tour. Some fields are near the village, and a mountain range crosses the island and seems to divide it in two. The island is forested, and especially the land tongue the ruin stands on, with just a small path leading through it.
Spoiler: Crudely drawn map. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 01:13:33 pm by 3_14159 »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2013, 08:30:22 am »

Something tells me that this kind of mountain range shouldn't be possible on an island.

Read the entry about us, compare it to actual facts we know about ourselves, note all incorrect information. Tatter our clothing. Remember whether we need anything to survive/use our powers/be able to blend in with the mortals. Specifically, would anything cause us to, for example, flip the fuck out and uncontrollably murder everyone present to eat their left lung, without which we cannot survive.

Also:
Also, you didn't tell us about suggestion. Can we merely think about it or must we necessarily pronounce it?

Also also, did we inflict any permanent (or at least lasting) mental effect on the boy or is his 'breakdown' merely from natural causes (insofar as summoning a girl instead of a three-meter demon can be considered natural...)?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:31:58 am by Dariush »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 01, 2013, 09:31:34 am »

Geology?
Magic.  Suck it.

But yeah, check book.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 01, 2013, 10:23:00 am »

Before we commence with self-mutilation and probably suicide by way of holy word, let's try to remember, and/or read the book.
You're assuming he knows the word(s), says one, says it right, and that the word(s) alone are enough to banish a demon. I'd guess that, at a minimum, some other props, magical power, or at least intent to banish a demon are needed.

What am I, chopped liver?
((Also, probably by being around me too long or almost getting trapped in an alternate dimension with a hungry void forever.))

Something tells me that this kind of mountain range shouldn't be possible on an island.
It's probably not huge mountains, just jagged, rocky hills or something.

Anyways.

Yeah, remember everything we know about demons. We should know a lot more than some dumb book, right?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2013, 01:12:57 pm »

You turn away from the window, and sit onto the table while letting your clothing become a bit more tattered, taking the heavy (for a human, not for you) book in your hands, and read your entry. It really is insulting - three information pieces, aside from your name. That idiocy about your form - not true, obviously, unless you want it -, and summoning coins - you can't - is especially offensive. And, while they think you to be able to control a mortal exactly like one would control a puppet, you at least can do something similar - controlling them by talking to them. And, you chuckle, it seems to work better once someone is broken... not through magic, but through having hit his personal rock bottom.
Instead of laughing about the book, you again try to remember limitations for your form, specifically things needed to survive. For now, you don't think you actually do need anything, but maybe once you get more powerful...
Following that thought you hear the sound of hooves coming from outside, and jump up to look out the window. On the small forest path, a figure just came into your view a few kilometres away. If this isn't a (probably ironicly dressed) wizard, noone is. Pointy head, beard, and a huge cloak. At least his mount defies this - it's an old farm horse, suited to a rider with neither experience nor skill. You guess he'll be here in about half an hour, maybe a bit more or less.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2013, 02:12:57 pm »

Chat with whats-his-face about his master. In 15-20 minutes, mention that you noticed his master, fake realizing something, and ask if he has permission to summon you.

Should lead to him coming up with a story that gets him, not us, in trouble if it's discovered to be false, or else finding us a hiding spot.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2013, 05:56:54 pm »

Well, we gotta remember that despite probably being a newbie hedge wizard, he most likely has the power to send us from whence we came.
I say we kill him.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2013, 06:01:39 pm »

The kid doesn't know we're a demon and has been broken.
The master doesn't fit that description, doesn't know we're a demon, might not recognize us, probably would suspect iff we tried to kill him, and we could hide instead.
Sig

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 03, 2013, 03:48:21 am »

Can we turn into mist, preferably an invisible one? Or maybe in some really small animal? Or simply turn invisible in the current form? If no answer is known, try all of those out. If the boy isn't in the room, obviously.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2013, 04:40:16 pm »

You scramble from the window, and the first thought going through your head is to hide. So, naturally, as every species ever in need of hiding, you try turning into mist. It's possible that you're getting a bit fluffy around the edges, but not enough as to be completely hidden. So you do the next thing, and try turning into a small animal. About the size of a mouse, but you can't possibly fit all of yourself inside. You seem to be able to get down to one and a half meter, but not further, so you switch back again.

Luckily, the kid comes back, bringing some clothes slightly less tattered than yours. You immediately start questioning him about his master, careful to not raise any suspicions. You do find out some things, like that he's... well, a wizard, that he's - according to the apprentice - not that powerful, but apparently more than him, and dealing mostly in Creation. He's the island's only wizard, and apparently the only one using magic, except for a witch near the northern village. You finally ask him if he had permission summoning you. Surprisingly, he didn't. Well, I didn't as such... I mean, I wanted... there's just... I wanted to impress him. Well well, as if you didn't know that. Yet... Well, what do you want to tell him? He surely will be furious to find out. I'll tell him the truth! Maybe he can find out what went wrong with the summoning. I hope he's back soon. Well, you hope exactly the other thing, but can't help but notice the hoofs now arriving at the tower's basement. You have to act, soon. What do you want to do?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12