Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 72202 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 34 - Dramatically Inconvenient Bleeding
« Reply #285 on: March 22, 2013, 04:11:43 am »

Anyone?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 22, 2013, 04:13:41 am »

Yes? What is it? The turn isn't due yet, that's some eight hours or so away.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 22, 2013, 04:15:53 am »

I was trying to nudge DH into posting 'cause I wanna see what happens with her fighting Satjap.
Sig! Onol

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 22, 2013, 06:39:02 am »

((Come save me, you gits.))

Well. She wasn't dead yet. Perhaps the Goddess still had use for her.

Get up and try to find something to bind my wounds with.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 22, 2013, 11:56:23 am »

((Me? I'm in the middle of the woods! With NO idea what I'm doing, I might add.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 35 - The Cavalry Has Arrived
« Reply #290 on: March 22, 2013, 12:43:02 pm »

Turn 35 - The Cavalry Has Arrived

Deciding to lead the not-so-brave prisoners by example, Gronok looks for something to help him with inflicting divinely-mandated punishment upon the enemies of the faith, which the guards just so happen to be.

[Search roll: 2]

But alas, all spoons, forks, knives, chairs and other things that you could usually count on finding in a brawl have been seized by the prisoners. An unfortunate thing, truly.

[Crowd vs. Guards: 6 vs. 5-1]

The crowd, meanwhile, finds much more success in its endeavours, with the strongman managing to beat down one of the guards and seize his sword!

"Ī now have a sword, my fellows! Watch the guards tremble before our might!"

[Guard morale roll: 5]

The two remaining guards, hearing these impudent remarks thrust against them like blunt and insulting daggers, choose to stand tall! If they are going down, they shall do so with fire in their hearts and their knees as solid as the mountains themselves!

[Reinforcements roll: 5]

Luckily for them, the ruckus truly has been sufficient to attract more combatants - the escaping guard and two more, just as well-armed as the ones already here, join the fray!

"Glory to Kezilam, my brothers! Let us show these fools what it means to fight the chosen of the Goddess!"

They look pretty pumped now, what with the extra reinforcements and their previous burst of self-confidence.

Phiali looks for any unattended people in the woods he could find and utilize for some purpose. After all, the place can't be entirely empty of reasonable life, can it?

[Search roll: 4]

He finds a young woman not too far from the temple, picking berries and singing joyfully. He recalls seeing her in the cultist village, though he wouldn't say that they've met before, exactly. At least not one-on-one.

Elizas, seeing the merchant and his party, goes about informing them of his adventures in a quick and effective fashion.

"I have saved Patalim, my friends. But where has Gezerim gone?"

The merchant looks pretty happy at the news.

"Marvelous! We were afraid we would have to spend the rest of our stay right here among all these... beautiful women and... delicious wine."

He scratches his chin.

"Why did we want to save Patalim again? Never mind, I am only fooling. Of course I am glad at these news! But you were looking for Gezerim, right? Well, he was around here someplace. Spoke to him not half an hour ago. Should be around. Yes."

He starts to giggle.

"Or not, I suppose. It could have been somebody else I spoke to! Hah!"

Well, he has certainly availed himself of Gezerim's hospitality.

Shashari, figuring something will turn up to help in her quest, decides to just give the Siren the reins on this particular expedition and head out.

"Hm... oh well, I'm sure we'll figure it out. Now then, onwards!

...I'm really hoping you know the way this time."

[Siren knowledge roll: ?]

"Oh, there's nowhere to get lost, I assure you. Just one road, after all. We just have to head down the road and we'll reach a town soon enough. Well, unless there's something unexpected."

Something unexpected. Right.

Well, no time to consider that statement and all of its potential implications. They're wasting daylight, and that just will not do! Shashari, the Siren and the ram all head out on their merry way, going for the nearest town.

[Travel roll: 1-->5]

Heading in the same direction Shashari was going when she arrived in the area, they continue for several miles until they reach a bridge hanging over a somewhat rapid and deep-looking river. It looks to have been washed away by a great stream of water. The Siren scratches his head and chuckles.

"Oh, right. Flooding. Happens sometimes. Wonder why they haven't fixed it yet?"

Sejena, not quite as dead as one would expect, gets up.

[Endurance roll: 2]

She gets midway through the motion, then lies back down after a great surge of pain warns her that this is an incredibly terrible idea. Guess she'll have to practice medicine from this position, then.

[Medicine roll: 5]

She rips out some of the more superfluous bits of her inconspicuous garb, figuring that not being dead is a little bit more important than remaining unseen. Her outfit is now quite a bit more ragged than before, but at least she now has a stomach wound that is a bit less likely to kill her in the next half hour or so. It's pretty safe to say she's in no danger of bleeding to death, though moving around without traumatizing herself will probably take a bit of skill. And rest is probably something she'll need a bit of in the near future.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:44:49 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 22, 2013, 12:48:09 pm »

"Stop! Stop, don't touch them! They're infected!"
(about the prisoners, to the guards)

Attempt to convince the guards that the prisoners are infected with the Xungus Worm, a parasite that does horrible things to those who touch the infected.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 03:17:08 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 22, 2013, 12:52:56 pm »

Shashari stood and looked at the river for a while.

"...well, Ash'Mah is technically also a god of water. I get the feeling I'm not a very good swimmer, though."

Meditate for advice from Ash'Mah near the river.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 22, 2013, 05:30:38 pm »

Cultist will age...that's where I got the quest, right?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 22, 2013, 05:52:34 pm »

Elizas searches the premises for Gezerim.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 23, 2013, 01:42:22 am »

Cultist will age...that's where I got the quest, right?

That is indeed the case.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 23, 2013, 09:13:15 am »

Search for someone else. A forest tribe, perhaps.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 24, 2013, 10:09:41 am »

Second-day bump, I suppose.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 36 - Plan of Retreat
« Reply #298 on: March 25, 2013, 12:58:35 pm »

Turn 36 - Plan of Retreat

Gronok, seeing the odds evened again, tries to tip the scales in the prisoners' direction once again!

"Stop! Stop, don't touch them! They're infected!"

[Guard attention roll: 5]

"Infected? With what?"

[Charisma roll: 6-->3+1]

"Why, the Xungus Worm, of course! It is an exotic parasite that explodes the eyes, impacts the liver and distends the stomach! It also blackens the lungs and yellows the kidneys! So you know it's terrible. You should not touch these prisoners, as you may get it too! Flee while you can, they will die on their own eventually!"

[Guard morale roll: 3]

"Well, we had better fight them very carefully, then! Touch them only with your blades, men! Make sure not to get any blood on any of us!"

The men gladly oblige.

[Crowd vs. Guards: 5 vs. 3-1]

Though the guards put up a valiant effort, three of them are dragged into the crowd and touched quite a lot by the supposedly infected prisoners! They let out screams of anguish as they are kicked and beaten!

[Guard morale roll: 6]

"They are more virulent than I thought! We need a new plan!"

"Ooh, I have an idea!"

"Wait, are you proposing-"

"Yes! Let us tactically retreat while screaming like newborn children!"

They do so, their screams echoing in the halls.

[Reinforcements roll: 5]

There is the sound of speech from farther ahead, followed by vague sounds of assent, then by rapid footsteps. However, nobody seems to coming, at least not yet.

"We are victorious, my friends! Follow me! To freedom!"

[Crowd faith roll: 3]

Most of the crowd runs off with the strongman, leaving Gronok behind. That is, except for the speaker guy. He stays behind.

"I will follow you, great prophet, rather than that giant bag of gas posturing like he is some kind of messiah. Seems wiser and better for my spiritual well-being."

Shashari faces the river and sits down, speaking mostly to herself.

"...well, Ash'Mah is technically also a god of water. I get the feeling I'm not a very good swimmer, though."

"If you 'get a feeling' that you are not a good swimmer, you probably should stay away from a stream that can wash away a bridge. I remember old Tarkizip, he was a good swimmer. Lost to a school of killer fish, he was. Why, I remember the day..."

Shashari, however, is not really listening, as she is a bit too busy attempting a communion with Ash'Mah the Serpent, master of all that exists, but particularly water.

[Meditation roll: 4]

After a long period of focusing her thoughts, Shashari, though hardly filled with divine inspiration or anything, does have one idea - why not make a bridge? Seems like a practical solution, and it would require no divine assistance aside from the unspoken guarantee that she won't be hit by lightning in the middle of construction, though that is really something that applies to all outdoor and some indoor endeavors.

Elizas, having received a dose of information from the merchant, looks about for that Gezerim fellow. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

[Search roll: 3]

He doesn't look to be around the house or anything, and Elizas can't see any clues on his current location around that he wouldn't need to gather by rifling through the fellow's personal things. Though he does spot one of the women he saw yesterday evening. Perhaps she knows something.

Phiali still thirsts for undiscovered civilizations, and does not let the lack of any supporting evidence for their existence stop him from seeking out primitive tribes that may be living in the area.

[Search roll: 5]

He searches high and low, climbs trees and gazes into caves, splashes around in creeks and disturbs bushes of all shapes and sizes. Several hours later, he is forced to admit defeat and return to his campsite.

He is rather surprised to find a woman who looks to be in her late thirties and wearing some assorted heavy-looking rags there.

"You took my spot," she says. "You... should not do that."

She appears to have some difficulty pronouncing words, and there is a peculiar accent to her speech.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 36 - Plan of Retreat
« Reply #299 on: March 25, 2013, 02:52:05 pm »

"Thank you, faithful disciple! Now, how to get out of here..."

Consult speaker guy as to way out! If he doesn't know, go in the direction of everyone else, but go behind them, keeping a watch out for exits!
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 60