Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 72186 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Elizas diffuses the tensions with music!
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fight to the death.

Congratulations. You've made me unbelievably pissed at this fictional smug son of a bitch. If I die because of it, so fucking be it. The Goddess would be proud. Although judging from my rolls she either does not favor me at all or is not the one true god.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Inspire my allies with rousing speech!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Nah, the penalty is fine.

Catch up on sleep. Try to sleep lightly.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Shashari spent some time pondering her dream. It was truly fascinating, but she didn't know where to start...

"Say, Siren, do you know where I might find a tree man?"

Ask Siren about tree man.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 33 - The Fruits of Violence
« Reply #275 on: March 16, 2013, 10:47:24 am »

Turn 33 - The Fruits of Violence

Elizas attempts to soothe the heated tempers (well, only one heated temper, the other is more like blistering apathy) with a specifically chosen tune.

[Music roll: 4]

Pulling out his buffalo bone guitar, he starts to play a tune of peace and love, a particular favorite of the ladies back in his land. It is quite the wonderful little number, one that the people can't help but nod their heads along with.

"That is a very fine instrument you have there, sir. And might I add that you use it with impressive skill."

Well, he seems distracted. Patalim, meanwhile, looks to have reached new heights of confusion.

"What is going on here? Why does nothing make sense anymore?"

The old man shushes him and keeps listening. The old lady closes her eyes and kicks back to enjoy the melody.

Sejena, having failed in her surprise attack, realizes that what comes next might not be favorable for her. But she will be damned if she lets this fool treat people this way and expect subservience. If she dies, let it be so.

[Sejena vs. Naphezim: 1 vs. 4+1]

As she tries to smash Naphezim in the head with the candlestick, the man stops her strike expertly, then tries to stab her.

[Counterattack: Naphezim vs. Sejena: 2+1 vs. 2]
[Naphezim vs. Sejena: 4+1 vs. 1]

His first stab results in but a scratch, but the other one catches Sejena right in the stomach, burying itself in her internal anatomy. Sejena feels a rather large amount of blood begin to escape from the wound.

[Sejena endurance roll: 2]

She stumbles back and slumps against a wall, unused to severe stab wounds. Though this would normally be a good thing in one's life, it all but ensures that she is out of the fight for now.

"And the lesson we have learned here today is that you should not attempt to wantonly assault a man with far more experience in that kind of thing than yourself. I suppose this is goodbye, then."

Naphezim turns around and leaves the tower, leaving Sejena still alive in a pool of her own blood that is steadily growing in size.

Gronok attempts to inspire the other escapees with his skill in oratory. After all, it worked on the guards.

[Inspiration roll: 1-->2+1]

He starts to talk about the prisoners and their terrible plight! Sure, they might be emaciated. Yes, they are indeed mostly unarmed. And they have no idea where the exit is. All those things are very true. But they have numbers!

Well, except for the fact that there are probably more than fifty other guards, considering the vast importance of this site. So they haven't got that either. Gronok apologizes for distracting the people. Carry on.

[Crowd perception roll: ?]

Fortunately, they do not seem to have heard him over the sound of them fighting the guards.

[Crowd vs. Guards: 4 vs. 4-1]

They seem to be slowly moving toward victory, clonking a guard on the head. The guard doesn't seem to overly mind, though it is obvious that they are getting quite pessimistic about their odds of victory.

Phiali decides to make camp and lie down for now, trying to do his very best job at sleeping as lightly as he can.

[Dreaming roll: 3]

He dreams of a nice cloud. He is in the cloud. It is soft and cool, offering great nourishment in the hot climate. His entire night is spent dreaming of this cloud and others like it. Very nice dreams, those. He eventually wakes up with the morning light. Hopefully this day will be better than the previous one.

Shashari, having received the revelation she had so hoped for, acts upon the information given immediately.

"Say, Siren, do you know where I might find a tree man?"

[Siren knowledge roll: ?]

"Uhm... no. Wait... maybe I... no, that was a tree cat-thing. And probably not a tree at all. No idea where your tree man might be, sorry."

Hm. This might be harder than she thought.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2013, 10:53:12 am »

Excellent. Martyrdom for the faith is always the best way to go. Remember my name, brothers and sisters! Drown this city in blood! Do not take my constant abysmal rolls as a sign of the foolishness of this course and action.

Try to write a message in my blood on the wall; ALL WILL DROWN.

((It's that or SATJAP, YOU STUPID BASTARD))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 16, 2013, 11:01:07 am »

Elizas bows at the conclusion of his song, and drags Patalim into another room or closet, closing the door.

"Now I know things are confusing for you, and the older man has some conflict with your ideals, but you need to lighten up and think. I just saved your hide from being buried beneath dozens of stones and you act this way? You're role is no longer one of a man; you are a figure in the workings and legends of the true God. I was repulsed by that disgusting marriage affair those two folk were in, but I held my tongue. Anyways, do you think you could stay here for now? I have to rendezvous with Gezerim and a merchant party."

If he can be left here, Elizas will head back to Gezerim's home.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 16, 2013, 11:57:51 am »

Derisively tell the guards off, making them feel ashamed.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 16, 2013, 01:34:49 pm »

Pwck up. Look for some settlement other than the one which sent me on this wild cat chase in the first place.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 34 - Dramatically Inconvenient Bleeding
« Reply #280 on: March 19, 2013, 02:17:51 pm »

Turn 34 - Dramatically Inconvenient Bleeding

Sejena goes ahead and tries to write a message on the wall using only her finger and the copious amounts of blood she's lost.

[Penmanship roll: 5]

She manages to write the words "ALL WILL DROWN" on the wall in a very menacing, ominous fashion. Perhaps this message will leave future generations in fear, awe or bafflement. Now, Sejena is ready to rest.

[Endurance roll: 4]

She would close her eyes and let go, but either the wound hurts a bit too much or she's lost too little blood to not care about such things. One thing is for certain, though - the moment is absolutely, completely and irrevocably ruined.

Elizas finishes up his song and bows to the old man, who claps with uncharacteristic heartiness. With the performance done, he drags Patalim to a nearby hallway, closing a curtain behind him and making sure Patalim is backed up in a corner.

"Now I know things are confusing for you, and the older man has some conflict with your ideals, but you need to lighten up and think. I just saved your hide from being buried beneath dozens of stones and you act this way? Your role is no longer one of a man; you are a figure in the workings and legends of the true God. I was repulsed by that disgusting marriage affair those two folk were in, but I held my tongue. Anyways, do you think you could stay here for now? I have to rendezvous with Gezerim and a merchant party."

[Patalim cooperation roll: 5]

Patalim seems to calm down, looking almost guilty about his lack of composure.

"I apologize. I should have remained calm. Yelling at that man never helps, yet it is so tempting. I shall stay here, do not fear. And I will also stay out of the old man's way. Now go on. I will, as they say, 'keep a low profile'."

Elizas doubtfully looks at Patalim, but the fellow gives him a thumbs-up, so he guesses it will be okay. Time to leave and get back to Gezerim.

It takes some time to get back there, but he eventually manages it. The merchant and his guards seem to be sitting around and drinking around a table in the main hall. Gezerim is nowhere to be seen.

Gronok attempts to tell the guards fighting the convicts off, as they clearly deserve no better.

[Gronok demoralization roll: 2+1]

He tries to say mean and bad things about the guards, but he figures they could really use a break from that kind of thing. They don't seem to be doing too well already, no need to rub it in, you know?

[Crowd vs. Guards: 4 vs. 4-1]

The crowd clonks another guard on the head, and the guard decides to run away. Well, good for him. There's still an awful lot of noise being made.

[Ruckus roll: 5]

Gronok bets that the entire living quarters can hear all this, actually. That may soon become a problem.

Phiali packs up his belongings, what little there are, and heads out in search of greener or at least people-filled pastures.

[Search roll: 1-->4]

After about three hours of walking, he reaches the outskirts of the forests, with a vast valley stretching out before him. It is a verdant and green, lush with vegetation and teeming with wildlife. It is also completely and utterly primeval. If Phiali had to take a guess, he'd say that there is no civilization within a hundred miles of here aside from the temple and that religious commune. Makes sense, these being the borderlands and all. The temple and commune are probably here precisely due to these reasons.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 19, 2013, 05:12:14 pm »

ahfkafkasjghfjkgaisufgasjk

Grabbing a handy utensil, be it torch, wood sliver or fork, Gronok sneaks up behind the mob and begins backstabbing them!
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 19, 2013, 05:45:40 pm »

Oh dear.

Hm. No civilization, you say?

Try to locate people I haven't found yet. If needed, make them not want to kill me with the power of talking.
Sig

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 20, 2013, 06:09:08 pm »

"I have saved Patalim, my friends. But where has Gezerim gone?"

Elizas informs them and asks.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 20, 2013, 06:44:11 pm »

"Hm... oh well, I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Now then, onwards! ...I'm really hoping you know the way this time."

Leave! I hope!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 60