Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34

Author Topic: The Shaping of the Formless Void OOC  (Read 23734 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Shaping of the Formless Void OOC
« Reply #255 on: December 28, 2012, 09:15:21 pm »

Guys, guys calm down, everyone knows madness, order, peace, violence, and chaos are not the answers to our problems, nor are they the most powerful influences in the universe.
IT'S SPHERES!!!11!111!one!!1!!1!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 28, 2012, 09:18:53 pm »

Guys, guys calm down, everyone knows madness, order, peace, violence, and chaos are not the answers to our problems, nor are they the most powerful influences in the universe.
I will eat your spheres, make a sun out of them then BACKHAND YOU INTO THE MOTHERFUCKING SUN.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 28, 2012, 09:19:53 pm »

I will eat your spheres, make a sun out of them then BACKHAND YOU INTO THE MOTHERFUCKING SUN.
The sun is a sphere, so i have control over the sun, meaning it will become hollow when you throw me into it

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 28, 2012, 09:20:10 pm »

Jbg97:
1. Is, not was.
It had to be used u at some point for it to be used up now. LOGIC.
I am taking it from one point in time, not the whole past. That would require me to be taking a four-dimensional chunk of energy rather than a three-dimensional one, which is an interpretation of my action that makes no sense and which I do not hold. LOGIC.
THAT MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. Your going to destroy an entire section of the past and have no consequences?!?!? YOU MAKE SO LITTLE SENSE IT HURTS. I THOUGHT I WAS THE GOD OF MADNESS, NOT YOU.

2. You're not Xantalos, and neither of you has that power as far as I've seen.
Your logic says he has that power.
No, yours does.
No, you can affect other universes, so Xantalos can too. Your logic, not mine.

3. I assume this goes to 2? Even if he can manipulate the borders of our universe, that doesn't mean he can touch any other, nor can he somehow force us to enter another. Make our universe merge with some other? Maybe, but I doubt it.
You said you can affect other universes by taking their power, why can Xantalos not affect other universes while you can?
I'm not affecting OTHER universes, I'm affecting OUR universe. Which branches off into another, unrelated to ours, when I fiddle with it.
You affect OUR universe's past, which somehow leaves OUR universe intact but creates ANOTHER universe in which the changes took place? Then that OTHER universe is OUR universe, not the other way around because when you affect OUR past your affect OUR universe, affecting OUR past doesn't affect ANOTHER universe. LOGIC.

4. My logic is based on one simple point: Our universe follows the many-universe hypothesis of time. If this is not true, I will accept the consequences and admit that I was wrong. However, I have not been proven wrong, so I am not wrong. Yet, at least.
I should say the same.
Then please do so, because this is rather vague.[/quote]
You should be the god of irritation.

5. Why not? You're assuming that the GM will assume I'll ruin his game by stopping everyone from unmaking everything. If he hadn't made the comment about people unmaking everything to repair their own creations, I wouldn't have done that. Inputting more energy into the system somehow is pretty much needed until we can get some kind of organization, which is improbable with the two "factions" plus neutrals as it is now.
No, I assume the GM will disallow it because it breaks the point of having kilos in the first place, a limit to what can be created. Also, it gives you unlimited power which is unfair to everyone else.
Again, rolls, which means that while there's less scarcity there is still scarcity. Also, I have pretty much no plans to abuse this power (if it works), or to block others from manipulating time so long as it's left intact. Finally, the GM should have probably thought twice before giving one guy control over space and time if a +1 or +2 is that vital.
How the fuck does anyone else manipulate time when you are the only person with the sphere of time?! Just admit your idea is bullshit and drop it.
6. Which part, the many-universes stuff or the stuff-not-good-for-a-story stuff? In the former case, I would argue that it is not, in fact, bad for the story, for reasons about to be named; in the latter case, I would argue that everyone constantly tearing everything down to repair everything that was torn down would be a much worse story than one where more stuff to repair and create stuff was being created. And no, it's not an ass pull. It's an unused consequence of an aspect of my control over time that I hadn't thought of until I saw the GM's comment.
I think you having unlimited power is a much worse story than having gods conflict over the scarce power that exists.
Well, 1. It's not unlimited power, it's less limited power; 2. Nothing whatsoever stops you guys from messing with time (except probably the guy in the time prison); and 3. I still don't intend to abuse infinite power. Just, you know, use it to keep the time prison repaired, pay it to people, stuff like that. Like the government, but without the taxes...that's a crappy analogy.
Using infinite power to keep me trapped forever is a dick move man. You wont abuse the power? No, you wont abuse the power to fuck over EVERYONE ELSE, just me.

Which one was that again?
Once the Omnicidalists were ejected and had their own, separate universe composed of the time prison to play in or whatever, I was going to suggest we pool all the energy into one planet and take turns making stuff, like the gods did in The Order of the Stick the second time.
So again, you're basically abusing the shit out of an ass pull power to fuck me over, remove me from the game, and give everyone else candy. DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

Reposting this so everyone sees
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 28, 2012, 09:20:58 pm »

The sun is a sphere, so i have control over the sun, meaning it will become hollow when you throw me into it
I'LL MAKE IT A GODDAMN DODECAHEDRON. WHERE ARE YOUR SPHERES NOW?!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2012, 09:22:03 pm »

the dodecahedron is still a sphere, ON THE INSIDE!!!!!!!!

EDIT: BECAUSE THATS WHERE ITS COUNTS!!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 28, 2012, 09:22:52 pm »

TESSERACT BITCH

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 28, 2012, 09:25:42 pm »

TESSERACT BITCH
I NOW AM THE GOD OF GEOMETRIC SHAPES, YOU SHOULDNT HAVE DOEN THAT
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:27:37 pm by javierpwn »

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 28, 2012, 09:31:09 pm »

TESSERACT BITCH
NO, YOU GET EUCLIDEAN GEOMETRY I GET ELLIPTIC GEOMETRY.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 28, 2012, 09:32:30 pm »

Jbg97:
1. Is, not was.
It had to be used u at some point for it to be used up now. LOGIC.
I am taking it from one point in time, not the whole past. That would require me to be taking a four-dimensional chunk of energy rather than a three-dimensional one, which is an interpretation of my action that makes no sense and which I do not hold. LOGIC.
THAT MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. Your going to destroy an entire section of the past and have no consequences?!?!? YOU MAKE SO LITTLE SENSE IT HURTS. I THOUGHT I WAS THE GOD OF MADNESS, NOT YOU.
No, I'm NOT taking an entire section of the past, which is WHAT I WAS SAYING. You're attributing me with saying the exact opposite of what I said!

2. You're not Xantalos, and neither of you has that power as far as I've seen.
Your logic says he has that power.
No, yours does.
No, you can affect other universes, so Xantalos can too. Your logic, not mine.
Still the same universe, and again, the absolute limit would be a merger, not a switch, even if Xantalos COULD affect other universes.

3. I assume this goes to 2? Even if he can manipulate the borders of our universe, that doesn't mean he can touch any other, nor can he somehow force us to enter another. Make our universe merge with some other? Maybe, but I doubt it.
You said you can affect other universes by taking their power, why can Xantalos not affect other universes while you can?
I'm not affecting OTHER universes, I'm affecting OUR universe. Which branches off into another, unrelated to ours, when I fiddle with it.
You affect OUR universe's past, which somehow leaves OUR universe intact but creates ANOTHER universe in which the changes took place? Then that OTHER universe is OUR universe, not the other way around because when you affect OUR past your affect OUR universe, affecting OUR past doesn't affect ANOTHER universe. LOGIC.
No, because that's not how the many-worlds hypothesis works.
Let's examine it from the point of view of a popular paradox.
You travel backwards in time, but your Delorean hits your grandpa as it comes to a stop. There are now two (okay, more from average quantum events and such, but two for the purposes of this explanation) universes. In one, your grandfather was not hit with the Delorean, in the other he was. In this second universe you are never born, but this doesn't affect yours.
Now imagine that, instead of driving a luxury car through time, you just fired a bullet, staying right when you were. Two universes are still created, and the lack of your grandfather, your father, and you in the other universe doesn't affect you, because that's not in your universe.
Third, imagine that you didn't shoot Grandpappy, but instead kidnapped him without leaving the comfort of your own universe. The same thing happens, except your grandfather is alive in your universe, possibly twice. However, you are still okay.
Finally, imagine that you were grabbing some diffuse energy instead of your grandfather. That's what I'm doing.
How'd you put it? Oh, yes, LOGIC.

4. My logic is based on one simple point: Our universe follows the many-universe hypothesis of time. If this is not true, I will accept the consequences and admit that I was wrong. However, I have not been proven wrong, so I am not wrong. Yet, at least.
I should say the same.
Then please do so, because this is rather vague.

You should be the god of irritation.
[/quote]
...Okay, so if I understand what you're saying...if I should be the god of irritation, you're right, but if not, you'll admit you're wrong? Or am I taking you too literally?

[quote
5. Why not? You're assuming that the GM will assume I'll ruin his game by stopping everyone from unmaking everything. If he hadn't made the comment about people unmaking everything to repair their own creations, I wouldn't have done that. Inputting more energy into the system somehow is pretty much needed until we can get some kind of organization, which is improbable with the two "factions" plus neutrals as it is now.
No, I assume the GM will disallow it because it breaks the point of having kilos in the first place, a limit to what can be created. Also, it gives you unlimited power which is unfair to everyone else.
Again, rolls, which means that while there's less scarcity there is still scarcity. Also, I have pretty much no plans to abuse this power (if it works), or to block others from manipulating time so long as it's left intact. Finally, the GM should have probably thought twice before giving one guy control over space and time if a +1 or +2 is that vital.
How the fuck does anyone else manipulate time when you are the only person with the sphere of time?! Just admit your idea is bullshit and drop it.
[/quote]
I didn't have the sphere of time when I manipulated time. I don't have the sphere of hydrogen, or liquid, or dragons, or life, yet I created a lake of liquid hydrogen and some living dragons to fill it. Spheres aren't everything.

6. Which part, the many-universes stuff or the stuff-not-good-for-a-story stuff? In the former case, I would argue that it is not, in fact, bad for the story, for reasons about to be named; in the latter case, I would argue that everyone constantly tearing everything down to repair everything that was torn down would be a much worse story than one where more stuff to repair and create stuff was being created. And no, it's not an ass pull. It's an unused consequence of an aspect of my control over time that I hadn't thought of until I saw the GM's comment.
I think you having unlimited power is a much worse story than having gods conflict over the scarce power that exists.
Well, 1. It's not unlimited power, it's less limited power; 2. Nothing whatsoever stops you guys from messing with time (except probably the guy in the time prison); and 3. I still don't intend to abuse infinite power. Just, you know, use it to keep the time prison repaired, pay it to people, stuff like that. Like the government, but without the taxes...that's a crappy analogy.
Using infinite power to keep me trapped forever is a dick move man. You wont abuse the power? No, you wont abuse the power to fuck over EVERYONE ELSE, just me.
You kinda want to eat the universe. Besides, you're probably just going to corrupt the older energy in the Time Prison, so it's like there's two universes separated by a prison!
...The similarities to OotS grow...

Which one was that again?
Once the Omnicidalists were ejected and had their own, separate universe composed of the time prison to play in or whatever, I was going to suggest we pool all the energy into one planet and take turns making stuff, like the gods did in The Order of the Stick the second time.
So again, you're basically abusing the shit out of an ass pull power to fuck me over, remove me from the game, and give everyone else candy. DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
No, not remove from the game, just remove from the universe. Which you were trying to eat, destroying others' creations to replace with your own.

Oh, and you only needed to post that once. Unless it was a 504 error, in which case I apologize for that remark.

My tetrahedron!

TESSERACT BITCH
Can I have, um, spherical geometry?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 28, 2012, 09:36:02 pm »

TESSERACT BITCH
THE HORROR, IT IS TOO EASY!!!!
EDIT: I LOVE HYPERBOLAS!!!

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 28, 2012, 09:38:41 pm »

"Well, I say we need a balance; there needs to be a way to get more energy, but we can't use it forever. Kind of like getting oil out of shale deposits; it's a more difficult, but finite crutch until we can work out a permanent solution."

My proposal is that we have a crutch of energy we can (with difficulty) draw from until we develop some form of order. Not enough that conflict would cease and we could create what we wished; but that we are not always at each-other's necks to perform actions.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 28, 2012, 09:38:59 pm »

Elliptic geometry is just another name for spherical geometry

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 28, 2012, 09:39:58 pm »

We can create ethereal entities and forms with difficulty
"Well, I say we need a balance; there needs to be a way to get more energy, but we can't use it forever. Kind of like getting oil out of shale deposits; it's a more difficult, but finite crutch until we can work out a permanent solution."

My proposal is that we have a crutch of energy we can (with difficulty) draw from until we develop some form of order. Not enough that conflict would cease and we could create what we wished; but that we are not always at each-other's necks to perform actions.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34