Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: The Random Frontier: A RTD Space Exploration Game!  (Read 19706 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Random Frontier: A RTD Space Exploration Game!
« Reply #270 on: January 01, 2013, 05:20:17 am »

(Actually, yeah, Johann's as good a shot as Amy is IIRC. Why don't we auto him down to the hanger, and I'll edit my turn so I keep shooting at the enemy shitp and hopefully give us a chance of surviving this.)

(Checked, and actually he's slightly better at 4 vs 2. :P So yeah, let's have him go down and shoot aliens.)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:27:42 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 01, 2013, 05:23:17 am »

Keep up that evadin'.

"I've got half a mind to just ram into those guys if things go too far south."

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 01, 2013, 06:57:44 pm »

(Posting to follow. Don't mind me)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:53:59 pm by Komra »
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 02, 2013, 12:05:10 am »

"There are three life forms in that shuttle.  Heads up.

Scan the lifeforms themselves.

((No preference.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 02, 2013, 02:17:03 am »

Turn 18: Titans Quest

Amy Stanton

Amy's sixth sense tingled. "Yeah, you're right Stan. I'm going to go down to the hangar and see what the deal is. You stay here and evade." With that, Amy went down to the hangar and shot the aliens when she saw them.

Amy, figuring her aim was off from lack of practice, decided to keep firing but let the computer handle the targeting for this next shot.

"JUST HIT THEM, YOU PEACE OF SHIT COMPUTER!" ( Weapon Use roll: 4 +1 +1 vs Piloting Roll: 4 +1 )
( Shields Roll: 4 ) The blast hit hard, but it still did not penetrate the shields.

( The Childrens shields are now at 75% power, -1 to all there shield rolls. )

Dr Leon S Malard

Head down towards the mech bay, keep my rifle drawn, take a full bag of medical supplies with me.

After kicking Sean a few times for trying to mess with his console, Leon grabbed a bag full of meds,
then headed for the hanger.

Sean O'Driscoll

He attempted to wake himself ( Endurance Roll: 5 ) His eyes opened, and he felt a surprising
pain in his side.

Simon Tallage

"There are three life forms in that shuttle.  Heads up.

Scan the lifeforms themselves.

((No preference.))
"Lets see who you guys are." A picture of what seemed like the Large purple alien popped up
on screen. Except now it had heavy body armor, weapons, and it looked a lot smarter then the beast
in the mess hall. This thing meant business, that was for damn sure.

Johann von Moltke

( Endurance Roll: 4 ) Johann ran to the hanger, ready to kill whoever stood in his way. When he reached
its doors, he took cover behind the wall, then pressed the button to open them. The alien titans
were ready for a counter attack, they fired there massive guns as soon as the door opened.
( Weapon use Roll: 4 vs Dexterity Roll: 5 ) Johann leaped out of the way just before a wave of
plasma balls destroyed the wall he was using as cover. Wasting no time, he stood back up and fired
back with his trusty laser pistol. ( Weapon use Roll: 5 +2 vs Dexterity Roll: 3 -1 )
( Endurance Roll: 6 +1 ) The laser was deflected by there thick armor.

The Children of the Urtell

Bullets fly, ( Weapon Use Roll: 4 +1 vs Piloting Roll: 4 +2 +1 ) and Stanislaw dodges,
so it was, so it shall be. ( The Children's computers have memorized Stan's new movement pattern.
-1 to all the ships dodge rolls as long as Stanislaw is piloting. )

Aliens on board

They tried to hack through the second firewall. ( Intelligence Roll: 2 +1 ) It proved to be harder
then they expected.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 02, 2013, 02:22:16 am »

"Bam! Take that, ya fat alien fucks!" Amy cheered, firing on auto-target again.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 02, 2013, 02:54:39 am »

"Knock 'em dead, Amy, knock 'em dead."

Initiate Plan X-Treme Kewlness, which involves flying in loops of random size. As in, change the movement pattern again.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 02, 2013, 05:14:56 am »

Give myself an adrenaline shot, look for an unarmored spot on the aliens then open fire on it with the laser rifle.

(( Would adrenaline do what it'd do in RL and decrease my reaction time and increase my speed? ))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 02, 2013, 08:53:23 am »

Scan the Children ship's shields, looking for weaknesses.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 02, 2013, 11:01:24 am »

Turn 19: Titan Down

Amy Stanton

"Bam! Take that, ya fat alien fucks!" Amy cheered, firing on auto-target again.

"Well, I guess this computer is not a complete piece of crap after all. Let do that a few more times."
( Weapon Use Roll: 3 +1 +1 vs Piloting Roll: 4 +1 ) "YOU FUCKING PIECE OF CRAP."

Stanislaw Chuzhinsky

"Knock 'em dead, Amy, knock 'em dead."

Initiate Plan X-Treme Kewlness, which involves flying in loops of random size. As in, change the movement pattern again.
( Piloting Roll: 5 +2 +1 ) Stan began to fly in loops. Big loops, small loops, wide loops, thin loops, short
loops, tall loops, it did not matter to him, he did not care. It was complete and utter madness. A
little to mad in fact, as the unicorn was now on a collision course with the aliens ship! ( Piloting
Roll: 5 +1 )Luckily, they saw Stan coming, and moved out of his way. Stan decided to use a
bit more control from now on.

Simon Tallage

Give myself an adrenaline shot, look for an unarmored spot on the aliens then open fire on it with the laser rifle.

(( Would adrenaline do what it'd do in RL and decrease my reaction time and increase my speed? ))
( Medical Roll: 4 +1 ) Leon gave himself a shot of adrenaline. ( One extra attack every turn for the
next 3 turns. -1 to Weapon use and Dexterity rolls, +1 to Strength and Endurance rolls for the next 2.
Then he fired wildly at the titans. ( Weapon Use Roll: 5 -1 vs Dexterity Roll: 4 -1 )
( Endurance Roll: 1 +1 ) One of the titans legs melted into vapor! But Leon wanted it dead.
 ( Weapon Use Roll: 1 -1 vs Dexterity Roll: 4 -1 -1 from missing leg ) The second laser bounced off of
the aliens armor, and went right back to Leon. ( Dexterity Roll: 2 -1 ) ( Endurance Roll: 5 +1 )
It singed his hair.

Johann von Moltke

The captain was out for blood. ( Weapon Use Roll: 3 +2 vs Dexterity Roll: 4 -1 ) ( Endurance Roll: 2 +1 )
He got it when a chunk of the downed aliens arm turned into gore.

Simon Tallage

Scan the Children ship's shields, looking for weaknesses.

Simon's scan showed that most of the shields power went to the front of the ship. If Stan could get
them behind the aliens, they could do some real damage.

Sean O'Driscoll

With the doctor now gone, Sean took the opportunity to transfer the gravity's power to the shields.
( +1 to Shield rolls. ) He, along with every one else, started floating.

The Children of the Urtell

Guns shoot at the unicorn, ( Weapon use Roll: 3 +1 +1 vs Piloting Roll: 1 +2 +1 ) and they
hit the unicorn! ( Shields Roll: 3 -1 from weakness to guns ) They rip into the engines with incredible
force. ( Engines are at 50% hp, -2 to speed rolls, -1 to ship dodge rolls. )

Aliens on board

They hack the second fire wall again. ( Intelligence Roll: 6 +1 ) Despite the zero g, they get past it
this time. There is just one to go.   

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 02, 2013, 11:07:25 am »

Shoot off it's other leg!!! Then it's arms!!!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 02, 2013, 11:09:35 am »

"Alright, maybe that was a bit too x-tremely kewl. But what about THIS?"

Fly behind the CoU ship and then let slip the dogs of war.

"Also, our shields seem to be weak to guns. What an absolutely amazing oversight that is."
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:19:30 am by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 02, 2013, 12:22:08 pm »

"Looks like they're weak from behind.  I'll keep scanning."

Aiding violence... ugh.  This was not helping Simon's inner turmoil.

Keep scanning the enemy ship.  Attempt to figure out their weapon patterns.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 02, 2013, 03:49:22 pm »

"And our guns are shit. If there's any weapons left intact on that craft when we destroy it I say we salvage 'em," Amy muttered as she fired again.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 08, 2013, 11:29:50 pm »

(I'm back. Now what?)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20