Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: [GIVEAWAY] Everyday cheer for the unlucky  (Read 16407 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: [GIVEAWAY] Everyday cheer for the unlucky
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 05:14:13 am »

Sorry about the delay guys, something got in the way. I will post all these games jocan has very very kindly donated tonight :)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013, 05:22:11 pm »

Hi everyone,

I've added Jocan's games to the list. Take a look at that!!! :o Please join me in thanking him profusely for such an amazing contribution. I am still in the process of going through these and making sure they are OK to give away, so be aware that the list is undergoing changes and that some games might disappear!

I apologise in advance for any confusion this may cause - it's entirely my fault. I just wanted to take care of this before too much time passes.

Gamersgate, gifted by the wonderfully generous jocan2003
- Cities in Motion
- Commander: Conquest of the Americas
- Crusader Kings: Deus Vult
- Crusader Kings II
- DeadEnd Cerebral Vortex
- Defenders of Ardania
- Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
- Hearts of Iron III: Collection
- Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
- Incognito: Episode 2
- Incognito: Episode 3
- King Arthur: Fallen Champions
- Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
- Lunar Flight
- Magicka Collection
- Magicka: Holiday Spirit DLC
- Magicka: Horror Props DLC
- Magicka: Lonely Island Cruise DLC
- Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC
- Majesty 2 Collection
- Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
- Mount & Blade
- Mount & Blade Warband
- Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars
- Naval War: Arctic Circle
- Pride of Nations
- Red Crow Mysteries: Legion
- Sengoku
- Ship Simulator Extremes
- Ship Simulator Extremes - Sigita Pack DLC
- Ship Simulator Extremes - Ferry Pack DLC
- Ship Simulator Extremes Cargo Vessel DLC
- Ship Simulator Extremes: Oceana Cruise Ship DLC
- Ship Simulator Extremes Offshore Vessel DLC
- Strategic War in Europe
- Super Meat Boy
- Supreme Ruler Cold War
- Sword of the Stars Collection
- Tales from the Dragon Mountain: The Strix
- The Kings' Crusade
- Victoria 2: A House Divided Expansion
- Warlock: Master of the Arcane
- Warlock: Master of the Arcane: Powerful Lords DLC

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 05:48:48 pm »

I know how hard time can be for some, im currently in a bad position myself and i have to scrounge up here and there to feed my familly, sometime i just like to dwelve in a game and have a moment where i dont have to worry about anything, an escape of some sort. These games were all sitting and collecting dust anyway so why not give them away to ppl who are in the same boat as me. This community gave me some games in the past ( Thanks to hemmingjay mainly and some others whose name has been forgotten sadly ). It is my turn to give to the community as a thank you.

I hope these game will find a new owner and bring some peace and calm to those in high stress situation.

P.S.: Just a sidenote, when i was lot younger a shrink once told me that is wasnt sane to escape reality in games, he told me to read instead and meditate, think about how to fix the problem. But want to hear my point of view? I say screw them, when you spend hours/days/week trying to fix a problem caused by unforseen forces ( economic crash ), thats quite out of your reach. Go on my friend, get some good time, and instead of reading a story, make your own in a game but please, stay focused on real life too because in the end only you can push it hard enough to get out of the dark days.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Keshire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2013, 10:13:54 am »

I know how hard time can be for some, im currently in a bad position myself and i have to scrounge up here and there to feed my familly, sometime i just like to dwelve in a game and have a moment where i dont have to worry about anything, an escape of some sort. These games were all sitting and collecting dust anyway so why not give them away to ppl who are in the same boat as me. This community gave me some games in the past ( Thanks to hemmingjay mainly and some others whose name has been forgotten sadly ). It is my turn to give to the community as a thank you.

I hope these game will find a new owner and bring some peace and calm to those in high stress situation.

P.S.: Just a sidenote, when i was lot younger a shrink once told me that is wasnt sane to escape reality in games, he told me to read instead and meditate, think about how to fix the problem. But want to hear my point of view? I say screw them, when you spend hours/days/week trying to fix a problem caused by unforseen forces ( economic crash ), thats quite out of your reach. Go on my friend, get some good time, and instead of reading a story, make your own in a game but please, stay focused on real life too because in the end only you can push it hard enough to get out of the dark days.

I kind of think it's funny that the shrink gave you alternative escapism options. Books are the same as games in the general sense.

Other than that, ya. I'm separated from my wife, and it's looking like it's going to turn into divorce eventually. It's nice to have something to take my mind off the grind of everyday living.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2013, 10:17:08 am »

I think there's got to be a little more to the relative merits of gaming vs reading. One is more involving, but the other requires a calmer state of mind.

Jocan - ouch :( You're free to take any of the other games on here if you so wish, of course!

Keshire: I can't really imagine what that must be like... but I hope that it isn't a nasty breakup. Either way, feel free to take something!

Keshire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2013, 10:49:30 am »

I think there's got to be a little more to the relative merits of gaming vs reading. One is more involving, but the other requires a calmer state of mind.

Jocan - ouch :( You're free to take any of the other games on here if you so wish, of course!

Keshire: I can't really imagine what that must be like... but I hope that it isn't a nasty breakup. Either way, feel free to take something!

I'm good, but thank you anyway. I have a minecraft server setup for myself and my kids. That's the ultimate time waster. All I'm missing are cheap headsets for voice chat when my kids are with their mother.

Just wanted to share my thoughts mostly, and let people know they aren't alone. ;D

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2013, 11:00:47 am »

That sounds great! You almost make me want to have kids - but not quite! ;)

You should post pictures of what you guys do at some point :)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2013, 05:55:58 pm »

Unlisted video of my base in minecraft, thats just a quick reference since the name came up :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOg70BZ2b_g

I was simply giving a small example of how to set up a semi automated apiary farm and showed a bit of my power support. Made it on the spot, highly amateurish and not up to my standard, that is why its unlisted, but still if you want to see.

Sorry to hear about divorce man, i feel ya. Hope it resolves soon, nothing is worse than a stalemate/? where nothing move, statue quo? bleh i think you understand hehe.

As for the games, i dont need any myself, i got quite a collection on my computer ready to be installed, and right now im stuck with minecraft/kerbalspace program... man i sank 2 day in kerbal and i just finished my multi-purpose lifter delivery system thingy-that-doesnt-always-explode. lollll

Edit: Forgot to add, unless i get a miracle tomorow, im loosing internet friday for i dont know how long. So if i disapear from the face of the earth, dont ask what happent.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:57:34 pm by jocan2003 »
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2013, 06:08:01 pm »

I have been gaming since I got my first computer running on DOS, a good 20 years ago. Because I was born and raised in an Asian country, parents always thought game would ruin a child's brain. However, I always perceive game as a medium to learn. I actually gained more understanding about Roman history from playing Rome: Total War (with Realism mod) than reading my textbook in school. Active engagement leads to effective learning, as simple as that.

If I ever settled down and had children, I would definitely play games with them!

On a sidenote, I am an avid reader myself. Fictions, self-development, technical books, you name it. :3
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2013, 01:44:08 am »

I'm putting up a Steam activated copy of Crusader Kings II with some DLC (Dynasty Shields, Songs of Faith, Songs of Albion, Ruler Designer, Mongol Faces, Songs of the Holy Land). Same deal as the OP - If you're feeling down, just PM me. Playing a megalomaniac vying for control of Europe will be sure to cheer you up!

It's gone. Still, be sure to message me or add me as a friend in Steam if you want to talk. I'm always up for a conversation.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:08:01 pm by Knight of Fools »
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2013, 04:25:34 am »

I am following Knight of Fools' step. Base Crusader Kings II game til Sword of Islam DLC are available.

EDIT: Steam keys have been claimed.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:16:05 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2013, 05:58:49 pm »

I have been gaming since I got my first computer running on DOS, a good 20 years ago. Because I was born and raised in an Asian country, parents always thought game would ruin a child's brain. However, I always perceive game as a medium to learn. I actually gained more understanding about Roman history from playing Rome: Total War (with Realism mod) than reading my textbook in school. Active engagement leads to effective learning, as simple as that.

If I ever settled down and had children, I would definitely play games with them!

On a sidenote, I am an avid reader myself. Fictions, self-development, technical books, you name it. :3
Have we been bread/? in the same cocoon? while its not roman history i learned, i learned quite i bit about chineese dynasty and way-of-life playing romance of the three kingdom, while i know its not accurate it does help learn. I learned my english playing UO back when age of shadow just went live. I learned a bit about rocket science while playing kerbal space program, i tried to dwelve into the math behind and..... failed, would need to dwelve deeper and do more research.

So much can be learned, its like an interactive movie/book. And when i have a No2, technical manual helps me, operation manual too, heck even hairspray can get read/?en?.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2013, 08:49:08 pm »

I'd love Crusader Kings II.  :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 08:53:21 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2013, 11:19:51 pm »

I'd love Crusader Kings II.  :)

PM me your Steam profile please.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2013, 11:31:21 pm »

Thanks a bunch, BuriBuriZaemon.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9