Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Delivery Time! Who do you want to deliver your next burger order to?

RedCo HQ, 3rd floor, Accounting Office.
- 1 (25%)
MilkShaq's House of Dairy & B-Ball.
- 0 (0%)
The NNY Zoological Institute.
- 1 (25%)
The N.O.R.E.D. SantaBot Tracking Centre.
- 2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: [PDQ] Ninja Burger: Tragic Santabot Backstories  (Read 16697 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [PDQ] Ninja Burger: Tragic Santabot Backstories
« Reply #180 on: January 29, 2013, 09:48:46 pm »

Awaiting Lillipad. PM sent.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 30, 2013, 12:28:36 pm »

Guy awaits the delivery system's arrival
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 30, 2013, 09:58:31 pm »

((Side note: If you can't think of anything to do when starting out a mission, "Raid the armoury for [a box of smokebombs|a katana|gecko setae gloves|robot spy cameras]", "Prank call Pirate Pizza" or "Check Google Maps for aerial photos of the site" are always good options.))

Milainai is able to find a small amount of info on the BLDS. It consists of a set of personal re-entry capsules into which a ninja strap themselves along with their equipment and deliveries before being launched out of a electromagnetic projectile launcher into the air at six kilometers per second, sending them into a sub-orbital trajectory that will land them at their target. She is reading about the various emergency parachutes used when her phone beeps with a text message from the BLDS team asking who she is. 8+6=14 after a bit of smooth talking, she convinces them that she's going to be test piloting it today. The grouchy sounding ninja on the other side of the connection cheers up remarkably at that (he even has a :D at the end of the message) and tells you where to find the operator's manual. (Consulting the manual before using the pod will give you +2 to any rolls involving its use but increases the time the task takes)

Meanwhile, on Cooking with Antidone, there is a small grease fire.

Cook makes a delicious chicken burger and seals it into the shock resistant canisters found within all the Ninja Burger refrigerators. It's almost as if they expect you do be doing something dangerous with the food. You put out Antidone's fire, shake your head at him and move out.

The BLDS is air-lifted onto the top of a building a few blocks east of Burger Ninja HQ by a rather large helicopter. A squad of black clad ninja lower themselves down on ropes to guard the crate. Upon seeing the two remaining team members assembled on the roof Guy in his mask and Barry ready to load his bike into one of the pods, they bow low and crowbar it open for you revealing the mysterious (to everyone but Milli, at least) device inside.

As the rest of the team makes their way over, one of the ninja directs you two over to the coordinates entry system. He explains that, while the coordinates for the mission are accurate, N.O.R.E.D. is likely to attempt to shoot your pod down if you attempt a direct landing. You'll want to select one or more landing sites around the island for your insertion. There's a map:

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 30, 2013, 10:05:46 pm »

Milainai reads the manual as she waits for everyone else to get up to the BLDS.

"So, guys, where do you think we should land? I think we should all split up; it would be harder for them to shoot down pods at five separate locations than it would if we all grouped up." She pointed at the map, about half a kilometer southeast of N.O.R.E.D. "I want to land there, see if I can make my way inside and scout around a bit."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 30, 2013, 10:48:24 pm »

Antidone gives her suggestion a nod.
"Sounds good, but-"
He indicates a point a 1/4 mile west of hers.
"If I land here instead, I can go in, and you can use your rifle to cover me, then head in. You'd be able to support me better with the rifle than me with revolvers, and I think I might do better sneaking in than you."
He finishes talking and leans back, awaiting her response.
Grab some radios  before we go!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 30, 2013, 10:53:46 pm »

Milly nodded. "Sounds good. I'll cover anyone who wants to sneak in, then you guys can give me the all clear and I'll follow you in."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2013, 02:25:06 am »

"I get ready."

Get into a pod
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2013, 10:44:25 am »

"I'll stick with Milainai."
Get into a pod.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2013, 09:13:07 pm »

Cook points to a point a kilometre to the west of the target and enters a pod.

((I will default to possessing this burger unless someone else wants to have it.))
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2013, 08:39:06 pm »

Unless he specifies otherwise before Sunday Saturday when I do the update, scapheap's character and his bike is going to land at Antidone's drop site.

E: Since my D&D game was cancelled for this week, you all get your update a whole day early. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 03:03:30 am by Grek »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2013, 06:07:34 am »

Unless he specifies otherwise before Sunday Saturday when I do the update, scapheap's character and his bike is going to land at Antidone's drop site.

E: Since my D&D game was cancelled for this week, you all get your update a whole day early. Enjoy.
I fine with that.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2013, 04:12:00 pm »

Landing sites look OK?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2013, 04:27:45 pm »

I'm fine with mine.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 02, 2013, 04:31:33 pm »

It all good

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 02, 2013, 08:45:49 pm »

You all land, some more on target than others:
Spoiler: Actual Landing Zones (click to show/hide)

Barry, Antidone and the Bike all land roughly where they planned to. Unfortunately, Barry, not really being used to this sort of outdoorsy activity, forgets to bring a suitably warm gi and is freezing his butt off in the two foot snow banks out here. ((Take 2 Failure Ranks due to extreme cold, applied to a quality of your choice.)) Antidone is much better off - he packed ahead. His pistols, a warm coat and even a long distance radio booster to make your earbuds work over the larger distances. Cook ends up slightly north of his intended LZ, but within sight of it. A nearby sign says you're just outside of the town of "Eldsvik", but no population is listed. No snow is falling right now, but it's still overcast. Milly and Guy land in the ocean, about a dozen meters away from what appears to be a yacht called the "Ainsley". The crew all appear to be wearing togas. They don't appear to have noticed you yet.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15