Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits: Scum Win: Across the Border  (Read 60454 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits Day 5: Back at Mylo's
« Reply #255 on: February 03, 2013, 04:44:54 pm »

"Well I..." Onyxjew started to shout when all of the sudden a loud screeching noise came up from across the plain. "What in sam hell...?"

"TORNADO!" Someone shouted as the funnel cloud reached the ground. The frightened townsfolk scrambled to the nearest safe-haven, all thoughts of Jimmy Pete's murder and bandits forgotten, as they rushed to the nearest homes or buildings in hopes of remaining safe until the winds died down. Unfortunately for them the winds did not die until near dawn... and by that time it was too late to safe one of them.

Night 5 will end 2/4/2013 at 5PM.. Please PM your actions if you have any.

The Old Parchment Read:

Onyxjew944:

Captain Ford:

Tiruin:

Ironyowl:

No Lynch: Captain Ford,    Tiruin

Not voting: Onyxjew944,   IronyOwl,
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits Day 6: The Sun Sets
« Reply #256 on: February 04, 2013, 05:07:44 pm »

As the winds die down the remaining townsfolk glanced around at the wreckage. Mylo’s General Store has been brought to the ground almost nothing left salvageable. The courthouse itself is in a similar state. Oddly only the Gallow-Tree, with the body of Scientist remains untouched. Glancing around you all notice the mangled body of Ironyowl his body torn apart by various bits of debris. The fatal wound coming from Mylo’s store sign protruding from his chest. Now there remains one bandit and two townsfolk. No mistakes can be made… It’s lynch or lose… and the stakes are higher than ever.

Irony Owl was night killed! He was a Regular Townsfolk

Day 6 will end 2/7/2013 at 5PM. There are 72 hours left.

The Old Parchment Reads:

Onyxjew944:

Captain Ford:

Tiruin:

Not voting: Onyxjew944,   Captain Ford,   Tiruin,

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 04, 2013, 09:17:57 pm »

Ack...if I'd known it would only take 2 votes to shorten, I wouldn't have done that!

Tiruin: You didn't understand any of what I said, or why I said it. Using your IC voice to refute and demean me was uncalled for, and I resent it.

Why is it a bad thing when I try to be informative? Why are you the only one allowed to be helpful or give advice?

The 'GM' or Moderator has no hold on the game's events. He just moderates time and actions. That's it. No third-party help from him.
If you read the article I referenced and the accompanying pages, there is a discussion about stalemates, and about the actions GMs have taken to resolve them. Stalemates can't be resolved by the players alone -- that's the f***ing definition of a stalemate. I was summarizing ~6 pages of content into one post.

As a sidenote, even if a doctor claimed right now, there would be no good reason to believe him.
Oho? Now how does this factor into believing him? We can judge by what was mentioned in the past days. Supposedly, he'd also give in why he chose the target and what posts gave him the inkling that the target was town. We've seen two non-NKs, which either means the bandit isn't NK'ing, is roleblocking people (unlikely), or NK'd but had others protected.
Urk...you misread me. I didn't say there was any reason to disbelieve him either. Only that there's no reason to believe there's a doctor at all.

In any case. Nolynch. Shorten.
Y?

Based on your reads, what have you gained from everyone that you aren't sure of your stand?
Why do you think it means I'm uncertain? I was confident enough in my "stand" to call for a shorten.

And on top of that, you did the same thing. Why did you do it?

This helps both teams as it has one less person in the fray to confuse things//be confused with regarding alignment.
How on earth does that help the bandits?

I first thought it was a preferable situation, as no one died, but then I realized we decided not to lynch just so someone would get NK'd.
It was preferable because at least we had explanations and arguments given and taken by different people. There, we have information.
So wait ... you advocate more talking, and then you go ahead and shorten anyway?

However, scum would obviously try their best to follow the game, and to achieve their wincon as quick as possible. The only thing that I can think would prevent them from doing that is RL business, which doesn't speak much for any of us present.
I see...so you don't think it's feasible that scum would not kill as part of a strategy to improve their chances of winning?

My Reads:

Onyxjew:
- Little voting. Not much pressuring.
- Is legitimately having trouble getting people to answer his questions. While Onyxjew is new to Mafia, I've found other places on bay12 where his posts have been missed. It really seems to be a chronic problem for him.
- Makes noncommittal statements.
- General newbishness.
- Some uncertainty. Reluctant to insist on his point of view, or to insist that others answer his questions. Definitely doesn't want to be seen as too aggressive.
- Definitely concerned about how he's being seen by others.

Tiruin:
- Was on ReDeadEr's lynch.
- Misusing his IC voice to gain a leg up on me. (I doubt it's intentional, but it is frustrating)
- Hypocritical to an extreme. Keeps questioning my motives for actions while he does exactly the same thing for exactly the same reasons. He also does it in his IC voice, and somehow that means it's okay for him to do it, but not for me. (We both cautioned the doctor not to claim on Day 3, but you questioned me on it. When I pointed out that you did it too, you ignored that completely and continued to berate me about it. The implication is that because you said it in your IC voice, it was somehow different)
- Many, many bizarre statements and misunderstandings.
- Most of my read is gut feeling that I have a hard time putting into words.

I'd like to see what you two have.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 05, 2013, 01:51:50 am »

So I'm guessing everyone is aware of this already, but it is now LYLO. Town must lynch the last scum today or they lose.

Naturally, this means now is the time to examine everything. Lurking or making lazy assumptions at LYLO tends to lose you the game. Remember, one third of the vote knows exactly what's going on and wishes you ill. You literally can't afford any mistakes.

Also, if you were wondering I'm now dead as a player but not as an IC. This means I won't be giving any player input ("Such and such is reading scum to me"), but I will be giving IC input ("That's a this fallacy and it's bad because those").

Good luck.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 05, 2013, 04:44:04 am »

Tiruin:
- Was on ReDeadEr's lynch.
- Misusing his IC voice to gain a leg up on me. (I doubt it's intentional, but it is frustrating)
- Hypocritical to an extreme. Keeps questioning my motives for actions while he does exactly the same thing for exactly the same reasons. He also does it in his IC voice, and somehow that means it's okay for him to do it, but not for me. (We both cautioned the doctor not to claim on Day 3, but you questioned me on it. When I pointed out that you did it too, you ignored that completely and continued to berate me about it. The implication is that because you said it in your IC voice, it was somehow different)
- Many, many bizarre statements and misunderstandings.
- Most of my read is gut feeling that I have a hard time putting into words.

This comes off to me as paranoid. Jumpy, and paranoid.

So in your read, what is there to gain from it but an opinion on my current playstyle? Leaning...what, town or scum? Looks more like leaning confused at this time.

I also see you're biased against me being an IC. Fine.

I give up using my voice with you. Do you see the difference? I used my voice AS A GENERAL STATEMENT. It was the PLAYER VOICE that I questioned you. (Not shouting, emphasizing)

Spoiler: Off-Topic (click to show/hide)
I see I've failed too.

Ack...if I'd known it would only take 2 votes to shorten, I wouldn't have done that!
So...why did you shorten in the first place if you didn't mean it?

About LYLO: Irony said it perfectly. More later because stress and heavy emotional duress IRL.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 05, 2013, 05:02:32 am »

And to pop this in.

The 'GM' or Moderator has no hold on the game's events. He just moderates time and actions. That's it. No third-party help from him.
If you read the article I referenced and the accompanying pages, there is a discussion about stalemates, and about the actions GMs have taken to resolve them. Stalemates can't be resolved by the players alone -- that's the f***ing definition of a stalemate. I was summarizing ~6 pages of content into one post.
Yeah, no need to swear about it.

Quoted from that link:
The numbers probably do not reflect what the actual outcome would be if real games were played, as they don't account for the Mafia giving themselves away through bad logic.
Like it was mentioned before, statistics are not one to base your case or scumhunting theory on. Here, they are a nice-to-know variable.

If you mean stalemate = ties all around, its up to the players here to fix it. Especially here in a BM where the objective is to learn which holds a greater priority over winning (but I guess its the connotations that also have weight here)

{Scum have their own IC. Never in the history of BMs on Bay12 have they abandoned their players to fend off for themselves to...hopefully come up with the conclusion you're talking about. Also, its a waste of time in waiting.

Nobody likes getting nowhere.}

As a sidenote, even if a doctor claimed right now, there would be no good reason to believe him.
Oho? Now how does this factor into believing him? We can judge by what was mentioned in the past days. Supposedly, he'd also give in why he chose the target and what posts gave him the inkling that the target was town. We've seen two non-NKs, which either means the bandit isn't NK'ing, is roleblocking people (unlikely), or NK'd but had others protected.
Urk...you misread me. I didn't say there was any reason to disbelieve him either. Only that there's no reason to believe there's a doctor at all.
Ok, now let me explain what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to put questions that lean towards a somewhat different train of thought - still connected to the main idea - in order to get another answer from the one being addressed. That was not misreading, but me not putting the thought of 'I didn't say there was any reason to disbelieve him either.' in my statement there.

I noticed you noted that I was on ReDeadEr's lynch. Anything to say about it?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2013, 05:39:57 pm »

Only a few quiet accusations are tossed around as the townsfolk attempt to ascertain whom to lynch.

Day 6 will end 2/7/2013 at 5PM. There are 48 hours left.

The Old Parchment Reads:

Onyxjew944:

Captain Ford:

Tiruin:

« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:43:06 pm by Nerjin »

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 05, 2013, 05:50:51 pm »

Tiruin: I think I'm starting to understand you better. Your playstyle takes some getting used to.

Spoiler: IC Voice (click to show/hide)

So...why did you shorten in the first place if you didn't mean it?
You're putting words in my mouth. It should have taken 3 votes to shorten according to the rules. Nerjin ended the day with only 2.

If even one townie had placed a vote on another townie before you nolynched, the last bandit could have voted with them, shortened and won the game instantly.

{Scum have their own IC. Never in the history of BMs on Bay12 have they abandoned their players to fend off for themselves to...hopefully come up with the conclusion you're talking about. Also, its a waste of time in waiting.

Nobody likes getting nowhere.}
I have no idea how you got that idea from my post. I never said anything even remotely resembling that. In fact, I said exactly the opposite:

I'm asking from a whole new start. I'm curious on whether you are uncertain or not.
Then why did you quote me if you're asking something totally unrelated to the quote?

About the stalemate: My point, I suppose, is that it's a game of chicken. The bandit may have been hoping we were more impatient than he was, and that we would lynch under circumstances that were disadvantageous to us. I decided to push back and say, "no, I'm not playing that game."

Long, drawn-out games aren't fun. You're probably right about the scumhunting, but I don't think town necessarily has the advantage. At some point, the players will get tired and lazy and just want it to end. That's how my last BM went.

I'm also considering that the no-kill may have been the last bandit probing to see if anybody would believe a doctor claim at this late hour.

I noticed you noted that I was on ReDeadEr's lynch. Anything to say about it?
It's a point in your favor. At the end of the day, no matter how much WIFOM one might pile onto it, lynching scum can only be pro-town.

It wasn't a bandwagon vote. It wasn't bussing. It looks, for all intents and purposes, like every other vote you were laying down at the time. ReDeadEr got lynched on it only because of the timing.

More later because stress and heavy emotional duress IRL.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things get better soon.

Still haven't heard from Onyxjew today. I hope he shows up soon.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 05, 2013, 09:36:15 pm »

Alright, gonna have to make this short and effective. I only have a total of three hours for the rest of this game. I'm sad to say I won't be able to contribute overmuch. I am currently taking a night school class so I only have two hours per night for anything. Horrid luck on my part, but I'm going to try to finish this as best I can.

Onyxjew:
- Little voting. Not much pressuring.
- Is legitimately having trouble getting people to answer his questions. While Onyxjew is new to Mafia, I've found other places on bay12 where his posts have been missed. It really seems to be a chronic problem for him.
- Makes noncommittal statements.
- General newbishness.
- Some uncertainty. Reluctant to insist on his point of view, or to insist that others answer his questions. Definitely doesn't want to be seen as too aggressive.
- Definitely concerned about how he's being seen by others.

What have I? Nothing. My general uselessness stems from problem B on that list. I seem to be a natural forum ninja. I'm probably going to have to work on that in future games, whether that means culturing, curbing, or controlling remains to be seen. I think problem B stems from ninety percent of the other issues you listed, being passive tends to make it easy to be lost in the crowd. Even if it's a crowd of two.

Philosophical rambling! Alright, I don't have much time, so I figure this is as good a tactic as any. RNG, what have ye'? One.

Ford.
It wasn't a bandwagon vote. It wasn't bussing. It looks, for all intents and purposes, like every other vote you were laying down at the time. ReDeadEr got lynched on it only because of the timing.
Why isn't is bussing? It is unlikely, sure, but what actually stops it from being so?

Tiruin
This comes off to me as paranoid. Jumpy, and paranoid.
I saw a good bit of biased information, but that is the point. Paranoia is also basically the point. Why mention this? Relevance?

Damn, I suck at this. Aaanyway, terrible decision though it may be, I'm probably going to return tomorrow with another RNG related move. I'm going to have to cut this short. Sleep calls.

Current Reads:

Captain Ford:
-Active
-Emotional
Town/Mafia: No clue.

Tiruin:
-Active despite apparent complications, mild envy here.
-Confusing at times, though not quite indecipherable
Town/Mafia: Uncertain.

All my previous reasoning on the two of you was based off the ReDeadEr lynch. Both of you were on it, so from my viewpoint, it was a bus. Come to think of it, I'm going to double-check that. I think that's going to decide it for my vote. I can't tell anything from these arguments, probably a crippling lack of ability on my part, but that bit of information might be useful. Vote ahoy.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 06, 2013, 04:06:39 pm »

PFP

Ford.
Why isn't is bussing? It is unlikely, sure, but what actually stops it from being so?
Reading the wiki page ... it looks like it would be bussing by the literal definition.

But my point is that Tiruin wasn't putting any special pressure on ReDeadEr. Just before that vote, he was voting you for pretty much the same reasons. (Which is not a point in your favor, actually)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 06, 2013, 05:44:46 pm »

The debate rose as the sun did. Now however the baying of wolve's alerts the townsfolk to the issue of time. The sun will set soon... and with it their lives.

Day 6 will end 2/7/2013 at 5PM. There are 24 hours left.

The Old Parchment Reads:

Onyxjew944:

Captain Ford:

Tiruin:

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 06, 2013, 08:47:42 pm »

This is my last post. It was a great game, guys. I seemed to radiate mistakes, and that saved my hide. Apparently. I'm not one to question excessive luck. I won't be here for any length of time after this, so whoever I vote dies or I do. That sounds like an ultimatum, but that's because it is. I was told that when I had convince myself of my decision, that it was time to lay out my case and convince the others. This is the first time I have had to do this. I would rather talk it over, but I sadly don't have time for reasoned debate. Best of luck, and I can only hope I'm making the right decision.

I am basing this entirely off a few key facts.

• From my points of view, one of you is a bandit.
  • Both of you voted ReDeadEr.
  • ReDeadEr died because of your votes.
  • ReDeadEr was the other bandit.

Therefore, it was a bus. I cannot stress that enough. That is the basis of my entire argument. The rest of my argument lies in me reviewing the posts pertaining to that lynch, and the lynch votes themselves. I was conflicted.

Spoiler: Captain Ford (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Tiruin, you voted first, extended, and gave valid reasons for your vote.

Ford, you voted seconds before the deadline, but seemed to do so arbitrarily. When you had no reason to do so, and could have just let ReDeadEr live.

Both seemingly good alibis. But I saw more to be had.

Captain Ford I think can be fairly safely noted as being innocent, lol.

Captain Ford Nothing much on him, he openly called it luck when he got ReDeadEr. Shooting down a mafioso does help him be called innocent, and the fact that he has been pretty active as far as I can tell leaves me with little reason to chase him. Not completely off the list, as no one is until they're dead.

And I think I remember superblast checking Ford off as well, but I wasn't able to find it. Disregard that statement if you are only willing to hear concrete evidence and crackpot theories based on concrete evidence.

Now, this could be a bit more in depth, but I notice there is little from either of you beside arguments between the two of you and small bits of questioning with others, but no where near the volume or quality of the hounding you two share. Which isn't very useful, I need a better profile. I don't get a better profile.

Tiruin Notes:
  • Voted ReDeadEr first, when it wasn't likely that he would be lynched.
  • Gave reasonable evidence for convincing more people to lynch him.
  • Was given surprisingly little credit for the lynch, if any was deserved at all.

You are the most obvious choice, a basic choice. A good choice. You have shown little use, oddly. A lot of IC comments, many walls of text, active posting, but little actual use. You have been incoherent and contradictory in a few cases, you have gotten into three fights with the same person.

Captain Ford Notes:
  • Voted ReDeadEr at the last moment.
  • Gave no evidence, acted on compulsion, and an unnecessary compulsion.
  • Was given inordinate amounts of credit, used it as an effective immunity shield.

You have been at the forefront of many lynches, you have been emotional on many occasions, you have been actively scumhunting for untold eras─certainly more than I have─, yet you have turned up nothing of use. Only a mountain of dead Town for your work. The only Bandit you killed was upon a self-proclaimed accident, and that was the only lynch you made without good reason.

So there was an ulterior motive. Or so I believe, you have made almost zero overt moves without a very good reason. 'I hate no lynching.' Not good enough for me. Not now. This was a bus, yes, I am certain of that. Tiruin has the more basic and easy to understand possible motive, as he voted in a time where it was far from certain that it would end in ReDeadEr swinging from the gallows, but Ford profited richly from it. Tiruin never brought it up again. Tiruin could have easily used it as a leverage tool, as you did. But he didn't. He hardly addressed it again, which could be shame at his mistake, but I don't think so.

Now to put an end to my final, and probably first, productive-ish rant as well as my first game of Mafia...

Captain Ford.

Good luck guys, you have my sympathy. It was fun. I might be on tomorrow, so don't give up if you think I'm batshit insane about this. I just might be able to rectify it if you can give me more proof than I just shoved down your throat.

Strike the Earth!,
     -Onyx
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 06, 2013, 11:09:21 pm »

Well, shit, then. That leaves no doubt in my mind.

Tiruin has to be the last bandit. Because it's not you.

Now to make my final case:

Onyx, Tiruin hasn't taken a stand. Ever. He never came out with strong accusations. He's been playing it safe and passive the whole game, asking what other people think but never giving his own opinions.

To address what seems to be your primary reason for voting me: "I hate no lynching" -- It is very well established that no lynching is bad for town. It's in the freaking OP, for god's sake. There's an entire spoiler dedicated to it. It's not my opinion, it's one of the cornerstone pieces of advice that BMs are founded on. It was a DAMN GOOD reason to break the tie.

On top of that, I voted ReDeadEr for a very good reason -- He was contributing the least, and he admitted to having free time but choosing not to post. I had already made a case against him, and only unvoted because I suspected he was the doctor. With so little time left, I had to make a choice. And among the available choices, ReDeadEr was the best choice.

"Was given inordinate amounts of credit, used it as an effective immunity shield."
I wanted to play it up to demonstrate I wasn't afraid of scrutiny. I wouldn't have minded being lynched that day, if it helped unearth scum. (It was, if nothing else, an opportunity to experiment)

I make no apologies for it.

But if you're drawing any of that from the conversation with Tiruin, please do take into account that I was trying to answer his questions, and the emphasis I placed on my lynching ReDeadEr was all part of trying to explain it to him. Please take a close look at the questions he asked in response to me, and my reactions at his apparent failures to communicate.

I know you don't have time to take a close look. But at least consider this: I was being totally, brutally honest. I didn't hold anything back, even if I thought it might make me look scummy.

I was totally honest with him, with every question he asked, and every time he accused me of being evasive. What does that say to you?

Concerning my Emotions
There is something about the way Tiruin and I communicate that is really incompatible. Please do realize that I only ever got emotional in response to him, and not in regards to anyone else.

I can even explain in detail what it is:
Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)

Tiruin has made no contributions and taken no stances. He's only picked away at other people and let others lead the charge against them. He phrased all his votes to avoid starting fights or drawing attention to himself.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 07, 2013, 11:50:51 am »

PFP

Extend ; oppose shorten -
{Remember that there are still requests for extensions//shortens, especially at a crucial time like this, it shouldn't be put to waste unless you're sure of your target}

For formatting, I'll split this using the horizontal ruler. Because busy-ness has gotten the better of me, and may still get the better of me. [Oh, and midterms, gotta put that in.]

@Onyx:
So firstly I-
This is my last post. It was a great game, guys. I seemed to radiate mistakes, and that saved my hide. Apparently. I'm not one to question excessive luck. I won't be here for any length of time after this, so whoever I vote dies or I do. That sounds like an ultimatum, but that's because it is. I was told that when I had convince myself of my decision, that it was time to lay out my case and convince the others. This is the first time I have had to do this. I would rather talk it over, but I sadly don't have time for reasoned debate. Best of luck, and I can only hope I'm making the right decision.
:/

{Extremely busy, huh...Well, that's...quite disappointing. Hope you'll have enough time because in this moment, you aren't able to defend yourself from any questions given against you}

Small nitpick: You say you're busy, but don't place a request for extension? IMO, From a neutral observer's glance, stating
This is my last post. It was a great game, guys.
(before reading the rest) already raises suspicion.

But let me be direct.

From my points of view, one of you is a bandit.
Ok...
Both of you voted ReDeadEr.
ReDeadEr died because of your votes.
Go on...
ReDeadEr was the other bandit.
Indeed he was.

Therefore, it was a bus.
... =/

{Alright, so here is my own interpretation of a bus. Driving a person under a bus is using your lynch-vote to kill your buddy (or in some cases in a game with vigilantes, NK your buddy, but that's advanced) to either distance yourself from him, or make you more town-ish based on your case in relation to him.

Now, both factors are based truly on what the players have presented along with the lynch. Since we're going on that tangent, there is one thing that you could arrive at, and be wrong or right.

For example:
> Bandit laid the RVS-ish vote. Townie laid the killing vote. = Not that much of a bus. Vice versa goes into a bus, but its all into the person's case against him.

...Nothing else to note as I'm rambling again.}

Now to put an end to my [...] first game of Mafia...
:'(

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

@Ford:

It's a point in your favor. At the end of the day, no matter how much WIFOM one might pile onto it, lynching scum can only be pro-town.
But you can only know who scum are after the lynch.

I was totally honest with him, with every question he asked, and every time he accused me of being evasive.
Settling in for the general "every time", hmm?

Please do realize that I only ever got emotional in response to him, and not in regards to anyone else.
But yes, I get it. I irritate you by just existing in the same game with you and its detrimental to your condition.
>
Tiruin is really bad at [An acknowledgement of the reply.]. I never know if he's even reading what I wrote, or just pulling things out of thin air.

Or perhaps I'm just looking at it from a different perspective than you and not following what you're seeing.

Tiruin has made no contributions and taken no stances.
Check the before days. If by "no (x)" you mean what I did the whole game?

He's only picked away at other people and let others lead the charge against them. He phrased all his votes to avoid starting fights or drawing attention to himself.
So what did I do to you, then? You define what we did as a fight, and in general my scum-meter of you has been wavering in the past. Preceding D5, I saw sincere confusion in your post.

Because you unvoted me beforehand and then came back with this.

Besides, from there (and I missed it) you said something about my denial on being the doctor, and then vaguely inserting that there is only one other thing you're onto. First thing I guessed was scum, and it follows.

Quote from: At that time
Since you've denied being the doctor, there's only one other thing I could be onto.
Which is...?

Currently, I'm confused about your stance on me.

Now, you somehow believed me handsdown when I said it, without poking at it - or poking in any way I saw it as.

Truth is, I lied about being the Doctor.

Because I am the Doctor.

Let me begin by the list and further explanation.
Day 1 - Protected Captain Ford - Due to this one post. "This needs explaining" tipping my suspicions onto town side.
Day 2 - Protected Captain Ford - Yes. Again. Look below for more - spoilered.
Day 3 - Captain Ford
Day 4 - Onyxjew944
Day 5 - Onyxjew944

So yeah.

Spoiler: On Day 2/3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: D4//D5 (click to show/hide)
Alright, any and all topics aside of what we've discussed, here are somethings why its one over the other in my vote.

> Ford has passion. Strong, determined passion. Even under fear of being fallible, he pursues his belief and follows his reads regardless of contradiction and doubt.

Though, his votes have been known to jump to those he wants questions from and his degree of doubt seems to be variable.

> Onyx has been making mistakes - could be termed newbie-tagged, but I call them sincere. While this may be a mafioso calling it out on being new, he admitted to lurking, and went along with the ideas and made his own points from it in a way that scum would...err, unnaturally follow. It's like when you read his posts and then muse over them, then wonder why scum would do that.

His relations with Ford have also been real, not buddying in his explanations.

Aaaand I guess this explain why I haven't taking a hard stand on things. Unsure on night results. However, judging these, my vote goes to Ford. While I do see that enthusiasm at being saved @ D3, it was...despite what you said about it, too vague for me to decide on.

let others lead the charge against them
I'm still poking this. This doesn't generally happen unless the person in question continued making mistakes that others would pick up.

If I've missed anything up, feel free to speak. Though you don't need to quote it, I'm seeing less posts with the deadline looming unless someone else extends.

Next, a disclaimer. Any and all 'helpful' posts done without the {} are in my player voice (not that it matters but I felt to justify it here). Players can, and do help each other out, anything otherwise that was perceived meant by me is...my total error in English wording.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 07, 2013, 01:58:43 pm »

Unvote. Wow.

...I had wondered if you had lied about not being the doctor. I'm still surprised by your claim.

First of all, I have to say that I've spent a lot of time mulling it over since my last post. At the time, I was really taken in by Onyxjew's big finish. When I came online today, I wasn't certain anymore.

...and you were right, Tiruin. I do believe your claim. I'm a lot less confused now.

Now, to answer your questions (hopefully).

But you can only know who scum are after the lynch.
It was a very small point.

I was totally honest with him, with every question he asked, and every time he accused me of being evasive.
Settling in for the general "every time", hmm?
Oh my god...you would not believe the number of times I rewrote that part. Just thinking about that argument makes me angry. It's still too soon for me to be able to talk about it objectively.

So to be clear, that was hyperbole. It's how I felt, not a factual account of what happened.

I'm glad that you understand that.

Tiruin has made no contributions and taken no stances.
Check the before days. If by "no (x)" you mean what I did the whole game?
You didn't really take any strong stances. Compare yourself to Irony, who went on a strong campaign against burn_heal.

Except for me, you really didn't get into many fights or put on much pressure.

...oh duh. I guess being the one involved in it kind of made it a blind spot for me.

So I take the part back about avoiding fights. And ... jeeze, in hindsight, I can see plenty of times you laid down your opinion, too. You have a very subtle way of doing that, though.

...I need to leave for an appointment, so I have to cut this post off now.

Extend. I'm going to be busy tonight and this will take a few more posts to resolve.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21