Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits: Scum Win: Across the Border  (Read 60599 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits Day 6: The Sun Sets
« Reply #270 on: February 07, 2013, 02:21:49 pm »

Time seemed to slow down as the townsfolks pleading and reasoning grew in tempo. One only hopes they make use of the time they have.

Extension Accepted

Day 6 will end 2/11/2013 at 5PM. There are 96 hours left.

The Old Parchment Reads:

Onyxjew944:

Captain Ford: Onyxjew944,   Tiruin

Tiruin:

Not voting:Captain Ford,
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 08:32:58 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 07, 2013, 07:59:13 pm »

Oh, my. I had completely forgotten that we could Extend. That definitely makes things more interesting. I'm almost sad the dramatic exit was ruined. Ah, just as well. It was still fun to write.

I'll look through the new developments, and older posts, over the course of the weekend. For now, Unvote. Should be a fun weekend.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 08, 2013, 06:07:44 pm »

Besides, from there (and I missed it) you said something about my denial on being the doctor, and then vaguely inserting that there is only one other thing you're onto. First thing I guessed was scum, and it follows.

Quote from: At that time
Since you've denied being the doctor, there's only one other thing I could be onto.
Which is...?

Currently, I'm confused about your stance on me.

Now, you somehow believed me handsdown when I said it, without poking at it - or poking in any way I saw it as.
I didn't, actually. But if you really were the doctor, and you chose not to reveal yourself when I accused you, then you had a good reason for it. Either way, there was nothing to be gained by pressing you on it.

Spoiler: D4//D5 (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]

Your reasoning on your protect choices is solid. The reasoning behind investigating me is solid, too. I would have done the same.

Quote from: Tiruin
Alright, any and all topics aside of what we've discussed, here are somethings why its one over the other in my vote.

> Ford has passion. Strong, determined passion. Even under fear of being fallible, he pursues his belief and follows his reads regardless of contradiction and doubt.

Though, his votes have been known to jump to those he wants questions from and his degree of doubt seems to be variable.

> Onyx has been making mistakes - could be termed newbie-tagged, but I call them sincere. While this may be a mafioso calling it out on being new, he admitted to lurking, and went along with the ideas and made his own points from it in a way that scum would...err, unnaturally follow. It's like when you read his posts and then muse over them, then wonder why scum would do that.

His relations with Ford have also been real, not buddying in his explanations.
I never thought he was buddying me.

Quote from: Tiruin
Aaaand I guess this explain why I haven't taking a hard stand on things. Unsure on night results. However, judging these, my vote goes to Ford. While I do see that enthusiasm at being saved @ D3, it was...despite what you said about it, too vague for me to decide on.
Hmm...

So despite the fact I was right...you're voting me for it? Of course you were, because there's no way I could have been certain. Well, I wasn't.

The reason I was so certain is simple: Occam's razor: "It states that among competing hypotheses, the one that makes the fewest assumptions should be selected."

The successful doctor protect was the simplest solution by far. All other hypotheses required numerous assumptions, and required players to make poor choices or to take risks that could backfire. Like you said, it is not in scum's interests to prolong the game.

So we were thinking the same thing the whole time. The fact that you were questioning me on it made me doubt myself, which is why you noticed so much confusion. But now that I know my intuition was correct, that doubt and confusion is gone.

Ugh...I was so certain I was right. And I was! Shame on you for doubting me, Tiruin. :P

I only ever suspected you because I was confused. With the confusion cleared up, Onyxjew is definitely the last bandit. I'm certain of it.

Now I only need to convince you, Tiruin.

I have one piece of evidence I find to be very powerful:
I know that you said 'it looks to you like', and that was not yelling (except in the mindset of reading words, technically), but me posting down in easily readable letters of my intention.
Writing in capitalized letters is the internet way of yelling. It's not a Simple Machine forum thing, it is a widely accepted rule of the internet.

Because THIS IS YELLING AT YOU.

This is getting a bloody point across.

This wasn't buddying. But when he posted it, there were questions that he had asked that we had missed. He decided to post this rather than reminding us about his questions.

He later brought it up, complaining that no one was answering his questions. Now, while I can believe he has a personality that prefers to avoid confrontation, he chose to post something that directly contradicted you. He actually came out very strong about it. But he wasn't brave enough to nag you to answer his question?

It's obvious that he was perfectly happy with the fact that we missed his questions. That's as scummy as it gets.

Let me know where we stand, Tiruin.

I also feel like I'm going to get kicked for flip-flopping like that. But I had a good reason. I was confused before and now I'm not.

"I'm ready to end this and avenge ol' Jimmy Pete. Are you with me, Tiruin?"

PS: If you are scum, then you played a very, very good game.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 08, 2013, 08:30:28 pm »

"It was that bastard Onyx! It had to have been! Tiruin's making too much sense!" Ford suddenly shouted as he drew his gun upon Onyx, whom to Ford's great surprise also had his gun drawn, however it was pointed at Tiruin.

"I'm not convinced he's telling the truth!" Shouted Onyx glancing cautiously at Ford "I don't remember much of a sawbones around here."

"Y'all never needed me!" Tiruin seemed shock as he watched Onyx move his gun from himself towards Ford. Tiruin took this chance to draw his own gun and placed it dead center on Ford "I... I don't know!" He muttered.

Each of the final townsfolk had reached an impasse. Guns switched targets every moment or so... They had only one chance to get the bandit. The wind kicked up a small amount of dust as the ever-present sun gazed upon their confusing dance.

Extension Accepted

Day 6 will end 2/11/2013 at 5PM. There are 72 hours left.

The Old Parchment Reads:

Onyxjew944: Captain Ford,   

Captain Ford: Tiruin,

Tiruin:

Not voting: Onyxjew944,
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 07:25:12 pm by Nerjin »

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 09, 2013, 10:58:36 am »

FUUUUUUUU........

And here I am in the morning wondering if Tiruin wasn't playing into my preconceptions all along.

Ugh...I need to take a close look at what Tiruin said that made me think he was a doctor in the first place and see if he could have faked that. Unvote.

I feel like such a jerkass. >_<
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 09, 2013, 12:34:49 pm »

Okay now, wait. Tiruin, why did you deny being the doctor when I accused you of it? Did you have a good reason?

Why did you say on day 5 that a doctor claim would be more valuable then as opposed to day 4? Why didn't you claim at that time if you thought it would be valuable?
Spoiler: Quote (click to show/hide)

Also, concerning your protect choice day 4. Wouldn't that imply that I was the last bandit, and I tried to kill Onyx? From a scum perspective, I could see myself killing off the only other non-IC in order to get the two ICs to rip into each other. What makes me curious is that you didn't see this possibility, or at least didn't mention it. Why not?

Onyx: Concerning your reasoning for voting me, do you not see ties as a bad thing? I already addressed this point above, but I wanted to ask why you think that breaking a tie was a bad reason for me to vote?

Conerning the ReDeadEr lynch, I remembered something important: I started ripping into ReDeadEr on day 1. I was not at all kind to him, and I had been pushing him for a good while before the lynch. If I was bussing him, then I started on day 1. I only unvoted him to break the tie, then I went right back to him on day 2. I unvoted him because I pitied him, thought he might be the doctor, and wanted to put some pressure on burn_heal. But when it came down to the wire, I thought ReDeadEr was scummier, or at the very least he was less valuable to the town.

You failed to bring this up. Why? My decision to off him wasn't nearly as spurious as you made it out to be. I've mentioned this before, and you have access to the LurkerTracker, so you shouldn't have missed it.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 09, 2013, 04:28:46 pm »

Now I only need to convince you, Tiruin.

I have one piece of evidence I find to be very powerful:
I know that you said 'it looks to you like', and that was not yelling (except in the mindset of reading words, technically), but me posting down in easily readable letters of my intention.
Writing in capitalized letters is the internet way of yelling. It's not a Simple Machine forum thing, it is a widely accepted rule of the internet.

Because THIS IS YELLING AT YOU.

This is getting a bloody point across.

This wasn't buddying. But when he posted it, there were questions that he had asked that we had missed. He decided to post this rather than reminding us about his questions.

He later brought it up, complaining that no one was answering his questions. Now, while I can believe he has a personality that prefers to avoid confrontation, he chose to post something that directly contradicted you. He actually came out very strong about it. But he wasn't brave enough to nag you to answer his question?

It's obvious that he was perfectly happy with the fact that we missed his questions. That's as scummy as it gets.
True. And might I add Tiruin wasn't talking about that post in which I buddied up to you, it was this one.

As to why I never questioned people on whether or not they answered my questions, we have been over this. It is a combination of

A: "If they aren't answering my questions, why would they answer my questions about why they aren't answering?". Or, in other words, if you see someone with their back to you and when you call out to them and shake them but they show no signs of acknowledging your presence. Do you continue shouting and physically berating them or do you move on and consider them deaf, mute, or otherwise engaged?

B: I didn't think to ask. As evidenced by my forgetting we can extend, I'm not a very organized person by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote from: Captain Ford

Alright, now this one is just funny to me. There is so much wrong with this, I will make a dedicated portion of this post ridiculing it.

He later brought it up, complaining that no one was answering his question.
Allow me some quotes, friend, as this is chronologically and definitively wrong.

Reply #214 on: January 28, 2013, 06:02:44 pm
Alright, it's time to push some buttons and see what happens.

Onyxjew: Your scumhunting has been lackluster and lazy. You've only voted twice. The first one was an RVS vote that you never bothered to change. The second time you voted a lurker and got away with tossing out questions at the rest of us that you didn't even bother to follow up. Heck, I didn't even answer yours (I completely missed it), and you never called me out for it.

Can you offer up an explanation?

Reply #215 on: January 28, 2013, 06:21:10 pm
If you notice, Ford, no one, let me repeat, no one answered my questions. Ever. After Day One, not a single question of mine has gotten answered. Not. One.

I think that explains why I don't do much but defend, because nothing else is payed any attention. Why don't I ask why no one answers? Because no one answers. Do I expect to get an answer from anyone as to why I'm not getting answers from anyone? No. No I don't.

I find that both hilarious and depressing.

Now, with those dates in mind, I did not bring it up. You did. Point is not exactly that important, but I like details. Details are where the truth is generally hidden.

Now, while I can believe he has a personality that prefers to avoid confrontation, he chose to post something that directly contradicted you. He actually came out very strong about it. But he wasn't brave enough to nag you to answer his question?
Fair enough, except you are only half right. I avoid confrontation unless it has meaning and I can virtually guarantee it is the correct or at least best course of action. I contradicted Tiruin because he made an incorrect use of an internet custom, which I can easily back up with countless sources and absolute knowledge.

The strength of the post was because I prefer to teach by practice. The post was about using emphasis versus yelling, so I yelled at him, and used emphasis on a sentence that would logically use emphasis.

Okay now, wait. Tiruin, why did you deny being the doctor when I accused you of it? Did you have a good reason?
+1

He makes a fair point. I'm interested in your reply.

Onyx: Concerning your reasoning for voting me, do you not see ties as a bad thing? I already addressed this point above, but I wanted to ask why you think that breaking a tie was a bad reason for me to vote?

Conerning the ReDeadEr lynch, I remembered something important: I started ripping into ReDeadEr on day 1. I was not at all kind to him, and I had been pushing him for a good while before the lynch. If I was bussing him, then I started on day 1. I only unvoted him to break the tie, then I went right back to him on day 2. I unvoted him because I pitied him, thought he might be the doctor, and wanted to put some pressure on burn_heal. But when it came down to the wire, I thought ReDeadEr was scummier, or at the very least he was less valuable to the town.

You failed to bring this up. Why? My decision to off him wasn't nearly as spurious as you made it out to be. I've mentioned this before, and you have access to the LurkerTracker, so you shouldn't have missed it.
You make a fair point. I failed to bring it up, because I was ignoring Day One. I remember it being rather... silly. Probably because I was treating it as a game, and didn't pay enough attention to such details. I should be more careful in future searches. Thank you for bringing this up, I'll take it into consideration next time I check to see if you are a back-stabbing murderous bandit.

Spoiler: Rambling (click to show/hide)

Now to spare some WoT for the good doctor, Tiruin. Why didn't you claim before now? You yourself said it would be a better time, though you never said good, better is still better, for a claim. Why give advice you wouldn't follow? Were you trying to get a bandit to claim so you could counter-claim?

Now to wait and be ignored.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 09, 2013, 06:41:11 pm »

Onyxjew944:
First of all, I see what you pointed out about the buddying ... thing, but I'd take the position that both posts could be seen that way.

As to why I never questioned people on whether or not they answered my questions, we have been over this. It is a combination of

A: "If they aren't answering my questions, why would they answer my questions about why they aren't answering?". Or, in other words, if you see someone with their back to you and when you call out to them and shake them but they show no signs of acknowledging your presence. Do you continue shouting and physically berating them or do you move on and consider them deaf, mute, or otherwise engaged?

B: I didn't think to ask. As evidenced by my forgetting we can extend, I'm not a very organized person by any stretch of the imagination.

To reiterate, "I feel like such a jerkass >_<".

Still, it's things like that that made you suspicious. It's not that I don't buy into your explanation, it's that your explanation doesn't really make it not scummy.

Alright, now this one is just funny to me. There is so much wrong with this, I will make a dedicated portion of this post ridiculing it.

Allow me some quotes, friend, as this is chronologically and definitively wrong.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, with those dates in mind, I did not bring it up. You did. Point is not exactly that important, but I like details. Details are where the truth is generally hidden.
I'll admit that I forgot how that conversation started. I didn't realize I accused you of not going after us right off the bat. I could have sworn it started somewhere else.

Well, anyways. I'll retract the portion about you bringing it up. Change "He later brought it up, complaining" to "When I brought it up, he complained that".

Now, while I can believe he has a personality that prefers to avoid confrontation, he chose to post something that directly contradicted you. He actually came out very strong about it. But he wasn't brave enough to nag you to answer his question?
Fair enough, except you are only half right. I avoid confrontation unless it has meaning and I can virtually guarantee it is the correct or at least best course of action. I contradicted Tiruin because he made an incorrect use of an internet custom, which I can easily back up with countless sources and absolute knowledge.

The strength of the post was because I prefer to teach by practice. The post was about using emphasis versus yelling, so I yelled at him, and used emphasis on a sentence that would logically use emphasis.
I'm not attacking the post that you made, only the fact that you didn't also remind us about your questions. My point was that you clearly had the courage to do it, but didn't for some reason. You also didn't really seem frustrated in any post before the one where you said that people were ignoring your questions.

I also find it hard to believe that you didn't think of it, though. If you've read any other games, people missing questions is a very common thing, and reminders are equally common. There's at least a few examples in this game alone.

Now, you said that you "avoid confrontation unless it has meaning and I can virtually guarantee it is the correct or at least best course of action". How does that apply to reminding people to answer your questions? Wasn't asking the questions in the first place confrontational? Why is following them up so different?

You quoted, but didn't actually respond to this:

Thank you for bringing this up, I'll take it into consideration next time I check to see if you are a back-stabbing murderous bandit.
...ouch. There's a lot of venom in that statement.

If I'm lavishing the board in noob tells, Tiruin, I intend to use that apparent naivete to the fullest.
This quote stands out to me. I never saw it before.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 10, 2013, 05:32:18 pm »

Split in separate posts. Sooo much stuff. Had to do. D:

Ford

FUUUUUUUU........

And here I am in the morning wondering if Tiruin wasn't playing into my preconceptions all along.

Ugh...I need to take a close look at what Tiruin said that made me think he was a doctor in the first place and see if he could have faked that. Unvote.

I feel like such a jerkass. >_<
{I saw this (meaning your vote on Onyx) last night before logging off and wanted to reply to it in the following manner:

Are you sure of a claim that you drop a vote as is?

Glad you're doing the right thing - taking all probabilities into account. :P

Remember: At times like these, it is best to utilize what time is given to you to think about, decide, and see what for yourself is the best course of action.}

Erm, "feel like such a jerkass"?

I need to take a close look at what Tiruin said that made me think he was a doctor in the first place and see if he could have faked that.
So you voted on the whim of voting, because...you saw your beliefs to be right over whatever else was going on at the moment, right?

Quote from: Ford

Why did you say on day 5 that a doctor claim would be more valuable then as opposed to day 4? Why didn't you claim at that time if you thought it would be valuable?
{Note that I said it in my player voice, just to clear out anything that might arise from it...}

Quote from: What Tiruin said
Also, I believe it is seemingly better for the doctor to claim now, other than yesterday.

Also, concerning your protect choice day 4. Wouldn't that imply that I was the last bandit, and I tried to kill Onyx? From a scum perspective, I could see myself killing off the only other non-IC in order to get the two ICs to rip into each other. What makes me curious is that you didn't see this possibility, or at least didn't mention it. Why not?[/quote]

Quote from: Day 4; when you 'accused' me of it. {Nerjin, edit the OP title, not the post title XD}
Tiruin: Did you protect me during Night 2? If not, who did you protect?
Now, here I didn't see an 'accusation' insomuch as a subtle poke at a possibility you had at that point. Meaning: 'A charge of wrongdoing that is made against a person or other party.' isn't what I saw it as - you stating it at this point seems...like you're forwarding something else? Of course, at this time it was MYLO.

Quote from: What I had at that time
Day 1 - Captain Ford
Day 2 - Captain Ford
Day 3 - Captain Ford
Day 4 - Onyxjew944

OK. Here you can see that the only one that I've seemingly protected was Ford. Onyx and Irony at that time were unclear.

Why I denied it at that time, was because of MYLO. If I had claimed it after following my reasoning at that point - and to be honest, I really felt like such because of how the past days went before thinking this - then I would either be defending (on the possibility) a scum Non-NK [Scum didn't NK and Ford is scum], or....well, that is it actually.

Reason is, I still couldn't be sure despite what the results say. Day 5 cleared it up.

> 1 more day = more results if the doctor hasn't been roleblocked.
> I said 'seemingly'. This doesn't mean I would've followed it unless I was very certain about my results. Note that when I do say 'very certain', I mean not susceptible to WIFOM.

Query:
Contrasting with your words in the unvote post,
Your reasoning on your protect choices is solid. The reasoning behind investigating me is solid, too. I would have done the same.
What made you come to this conclusion? That I was following your thoughts or...something else?

On another note, I now see you're using Occam's razor in your explanations. Erm, yeah, I never got to the idea that you were going on the simplest route, and then defending that idea.

HOWEVER, you have made that idea the crux of your defense, and the essence of your whole case thus far - not changing it. At all...

So we were thinking the same thing the whole time. The fact that you were questioning me on it made me doubt myself, which is why you noticed so much confusion.
So me questioning your survival was something for doubt? Why? Wouldn't a doctor - who was the only one who could know who he would protect (other than scum) - try to question everyone, including who he had protected? I mean, you couldn't have known that at the time other than working on an assumption.

Wait for the next post for me to get my head straight...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 10, 2013, 06:00:39 pm »

Summary of my ideas on both of you are below, after the three horizontal rules.

Also, EBWOP:
why did you deny being the doctor when I accused you of it? Did you have a good reason?
I missed copy-pasting this from notepad.

> I could've been NK'd, you could've been scum, and none could've been the wiser. A doctor's protect functions much like the cop's, but the results vary a lot more in another way - I was taking all possibilities into account - that the scum non-NK'd at the time and I would've been fooled.

I know the chances seem slim, nay, even near impossible (much like coincidence) at the time for that to happen, but these things do happen in Mafia games. It's just up to the action'er to interpret the conclusion of it, and continue the hunt.

Also, concerning your protect choice day 4. Wouldn't that imply that I was the last bandit, and I tried to kill Onyx? From a scum perspective, I could see myself killing off the only other non-IC in order to get the two ICs to rip into each other. What makes me curious is that you didn't see this possibility, or at least didn't mention it. Why not?
You mean your protect choice "NIGHT" 4...right?

Now, if this was a typo (which I still want answered), I'd have two people who survived because of my protect.

Like I said, all perspectives taken into account - maybe scum non-NK'd and the hell just happened. Maybe there was an NK and I protected em, and then scum non-NK'd at Night 4. It's a wild conclusion to be getting there, and I've no proof that you're being honest with your preference of the alleged NK-if-you-were-scum situation.

Besides, if you were - that may be one situation in a pile of 3: You kill either me or Irony, leave Onyx. Or you kill onyx and leave us. This is why I'd not interpret NKs from that PoV. It is hard to justify, and even harder to follow up in reasoning.

Onyx
[...]
Err, bromance? O_o

You only poked at them...once.

I forgot to address them here.

You did not say it in your post afterwards.

Oh. Understandable, then...

So by reading further below, you explain that - there was a 20 minute difference between those Reply #214-215 with your answer in 215 -
If you notice, Ford, no one, let me repeat, no one answered my questions. Ever. After Day One, not a single question of mine has gotten answered. Not. One.

I think that explains why I don't do much but defend, because nothing else is payed any attention.
Which means you were waiting for answers to your questions, aye?

Details are where the truth is generally hidden.
Hidden?

I contradicted Tiruin because he made an incorrect use of an internet custom, which I can easily back up with countless sources and absolute knowledge.
But then that was not connected to me answering your questions - something Ford, I guess - picked up (by the post there in your post).

Anyway, back to topic.

Onyx, waiting for your answer to the quote you...blanked.

Also, it seems you dedicated the- err, whole post of that post to explaining the matter on questions, your seeming lack of poking the questions at the right time, and what not. Seems more like a newbie tell to me because your were honest enough to say so (and forgetfulness. That happens too :/)

Buuuuuuut, I see nothing in reference to what Ford did when he voted you. Aren't you...in the least, wondering why he did so? You didn't seem like poking that one, right there.

What is your read at the moment - the cause for your unvote included - and what is your take on Ford voting then unvoting you?

Quote from: Lastly
Err, yeah. I posted that before reading on what Onyx said, then the reply done by Ford...Leaving too many questions to be asked for me to give my say fully on the current votes.

Mod Timecount?
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 10, 2013, 07:27:56 pm »

As guns switched target almost at random every errant twitch was cause for alarm. Seconds passes as hours, and minutes passed as days. There could only be so much more waiting until someone fired. . .

Day 6 will end 2/11/2013 at 5PM. There are 22 hours left.

The Old Parchment Reads:

Tiruin:

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 10, 2013, 08:17:50 pm »

Before I begin, I wrote that with little editing. I normally filter these things. Especially when I start prattling on. I usually become more irritating and aggressive as posts roll on. Without further preamble, let it begin.

Onyxjew944:
First of all, I see what you pointed out about the buddying ... thing, but I'd take the position that both posts could be seen that way.[/spoiler]
True, I was just pointing that one out because it seemed to be the more... obvious one. I didn't really know which one he meant, but I just assumed that one. Come to think of it, I actually attacked him in both of those posts. Irrelevant.

To reiterate, "I feel like such a jerkass >_<".

Still, it's things like that that made you suspicious. It's not that I don't buy into your explanation, it's that your explanation doesn't really make it not scummy.
Fair enough. I'll just let this one sink into the public conscious to be taken as it will. I don't have much more to say on the topic, so I suppose this is the end for discussing it. Or at least the end for me offering new material on it. I have no idea how to end this paragraph. Zebra.

I'll admit that I forgot how that conversation started. I didn't realize I accused you of not going after us right off the bat. I could have sworn it started somewhere else.

Well, anyways. I'll retract the portion about you bringing it up. Change "He later brought it up, complaining" to "When I brought it up, he complained that".
Ah, yes. This was the part I thought I edited. I was completely out of line here. I acted superior and arrogant over a simple timeline issue that held little real relevance or merit for how I acted about it. I should stop writing these while half-asleep. Please accept my apologies about that.

I'm not attacking the post that you made, only the fact that you didn't also remind us about your questions. My point was that you clearly had the courage to do it, but didn't for some reason. You also didn't really seem frustrated in any post before the one where you said that people were ignoring your questions.

I also find it hard to believe that you didn't think of it, though. If you've read any other games, people missing questions is a very common thing, and reminders are equally common. There's at least a few examples in this game alone.
Haven't, actually. I was going to read my way through at least one before I started but when I saw the BM running, I figured I could just pick it up as I went along. As for examples in this game, I remember seeing them, at least one of them was from you to me, but I just never registered it. I don't have a very good excuse for my actions beyond noobishness and a horrid memory.

Now, you said that you "avoid confrontation unless it has meaning and I can virtually guarantee it is the correct or at least best course of action". How does that apply to reminding people to answer your questions? Wasn't asking the questions in the first place confrontational? Why is following them up so different?
That was actually more of the rant concerning the Tiruin post and it's relevance to my lack of posting. I think these tangents have gotten quite tangled. In the interest of avoiding even more confusion on either of our parts, I'll just start over with the last two questions.

Yes, yes it was confrontational. No, no it is not. It never occurred to me.

You quoted, but didn't actually respond to this:
Oh, quite right, thank you. I must have forgotten that quote when I wrote the original post.

Now I know I had something in mind but got sidetracked doing... something. Unimportant, you asked why I thought breaking a tie was a bad reason for voting. I was unclear. Breaking a tie was a decent enough reason for almost all of your votes, but when I wrote that I was trying to decide who was more scummy. And at that time I didn't see either of you as very scummy at all. Yet I knew one of you was, so when I made my decision I was also trying to make it as convincing as I could to Tiruin to get you lynched. I probably should have let up on all the derogatory remarks, I have no idea what was going through my head during half of that.

Thank you for bringing this up, I'll take it into consideration next time I check to see if you are a back-stabbing murderous bandit.
...ouch. There's a lot of venom in that statement.[/spoiler]
Believe it or not, that one was bad word choice. I was actually just writing a paragraph to show I acknowledged the statement, and didn't really pay much attention to what I was putting in it. Yet another little gem of sarcasm and wrath that got past the censors. I'll try to launder these better next time.

Tiruin
Where for art thou, good doctor? Ye' posted.

Captain Ford
Where do you stand? Do you see us both as scummy, or both as town? Leaning toward one but just not quite sure?

Onyxjew
I, personally, am heavily conflicted. Both of you are being reasonable, can argue for your defense, and are showing no obvious signs. Oddly, Tiruin's doctor claim actually made him look scummier to me. I don't know why, but something in that post just felt... off. Captain Ford, I forgot what set me off before, but I remember I had something that I was relatively sure about.

The only thing I truly know is that I have a lot of reading to do; RL- and Mafia-wise. If I'm less active than I should be, it would be because night school returns tomorrow.

Tiruin, I was writing this for the better part of a day, and I didn't manage to post it by the time you posted. I'll probably have a few amendments or additions when I finish reading those.
Greater Collection

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 10, 2013, 08:34:34 pm »

Tiruin
Onyx
[...]
Err, bromance? O_o
Aye. Bromance.
Quote from: Urban Dictonary
a highly formed friendship between male friends, or "bro's"
Yes... in retrospect I used that word lightly. Considering I did just turn a metaphorical gun on him about a day ago. So, Buddying it is.

You only poked at them...once.

I forgot to address them here.

You did not say it in your post afterwards.

Oh. Understandable, then...

So by reading further below, you explain that - there was a 20 minute difference between those Reply #214-215 with your answer in 215 -

I think that explains why I don't do much but defend, because nothing else is payed any attention.
Which means you were waiting for answers to your questions, aye?
No, I believe I gave up on getting them answered. By the time this conversation on my personal brand of innate forum ninja had reached its current tempo it was a conversation of three, and questions were generally being answered. I think.

Details are where the truth is generally hidden.
Hidden?
That'd be the idea. Implying you need to look carefully to see what's really there.

I contradicted Tiruin because he made an incorrect use of an internet custom, which I can easily back up with countless sources and absolute knowledge.
But then that was not connected to me answering your questions - something Ford, I guess - picked up (by the post there in your post).
It wasn't. As I said, the tangents have gotten tangled. That particular argument was based on why I was suddenly assertive about internet ettiquette while I was being passive about letting questions go without answers.

Buuuuuuut, I see nothing in reference to what Ford did when he voted you. Aren't you...in the least, wondering why he did so? You didn't seem like poking that one, right there.

What is your read at the moment - the cause for your unvote included - and what is your take on Ford voting then unvoting you?
I think I can lump these together into one answer. Am I concerned that Ford voted and unvoted me? Not really, to be perfectly honest. I figured it was a pressure vote that was dismissed when it stopped being relevant. The previous sentence being the answer to your second question as well.

Where?

^Thar be a question.

Extend. The current activity makes it feel like more time would be used properly.
Greater Collection

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 10, 2013, 09:04:24 pm »

Where?

^Thar be a question.
Quote from: Lastly
Err, yeah. I posted that before reading on what Onyx said, then the reply done by Ford...Leaving too many questions to be asked for me to give my say fully on the current votes.
There were no 3 horizontal rules, because I was waiting on you...

I, personally, am heavily conflicted. Both of you are being reasonable, can argue for your defense, and are showing no obvious signs. Oddly, Tiruin's doctor claim actually made him look scummier to me. I don't know why, but something in that post just felt... off. Captain Ford, I forgot what set me off before, but I remember I had something that I was relatively sure about.
What's about it that's off? And...you're telling Ford that something caught your eye, but then you forgot?

:/

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 11, 2013, 12:51:02 pm »

The three remaining townsfolk found themselves sweating despite the rise of night and the pleasent wind sweeping through the plain. . . A decision must be made soon.

Day 6 will end 2/11/2013 at 5PM. There are 4 hours left.

1 vote for extension.

0 votes for shorten

The Old Parchment Reads:

Tiruin:

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 05:27:50 pm by Nerjin »

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21