Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Author Topic: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits: Scum Win: Across the Border  (Read 60601 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits Day 6: The Sun Sets
« Reply #285 on: February 11, 2013, 05:29:12 pm »

The tension was unbearable, someone snapped, it was unsure who. Each took careful aim at the one they suspected and all of the sudden...

Night 6 will end 2/12/2013 at 5PM. There are 24 hours left.

The Old Parchment Reads:

Onyxjew944: Captain Ford,   

Captain Ford: Tiruin,

Tiruin:

Not voting: Onyxjew944,
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits: Scum Win!: Across the Border
« Reply #286 on: February 11, 2013, 09:20:13 pm »

“I-I didn’t do it!” shouted Onyxjew944 as the remaining townsfolk glanced at eachother before switching their target one last time.

“You’re the only one who could have done it.” Stated Captain Ford “No one else here had a motive! We all knew you hated Ol’ Jimmy Pete! You were best friends with ReDeadEr!”

“I’m just a Regular Townsfolk!” Shouted Onyxjew as the others cut off any chance of escape. There was nowhere to go. “St-stay back! I swear I’ll shoot!” Onyxjew944 threatened his trembling gun switching between Captain Ford and Tiruin almost as soon as it landed on one or the other. Finally, in desperation, Onyx pulled back the hammer of his weapon fully intending to take Ford’s life.

Bang!

As the sound of the gun faded out Onyx dropped his gun, reaching for his bleeding throat. He lived only a few seconds longer.

“Well I suppose-“

A second crack rang out as the revolver flew from Captain Ford’s hand.

“What? It was you!” Cried out Captain Ford as he turned to see Tiruin pointing his gun at him.

“Well well… Now it is down to you… and it is down to me.” Tiruin’s smile could not have been wider as he slowly approached the shell-shocked Captain Ford “Not too bad for a simple Wrangler is it? No one ever suspected me.”

“But you! Why?”

“For the money of course. Granted I would have preferred a less… bloody acquisition. I don’t suppose you’d be willing to let me go off scot-free would ya?”

“Never!” Captain Ford shouted as he began to try to find a way out of this situation. His gun was within arm’s reach, all it would take is a quick dive… But Tiruin was obviously a lot better than he let on. There was no chance for him to get a shot in before Tiruin.

“Now now, never is a strong word isn’t it? Wouldn’t want to end up like Onyx over there would ya? Just a Regular Townsfolk bleeding to death in the dusty wind? Nah, I always liked ya though. So how about a free chance? One last show-down before one of us leaves to meet ol’ Jimmy Pete one last time?”

“Why would I do that?” Growled Ford as a small gust of wind began.

“Simple, I could just kill you now. Now pick up the gun, ah, slowly… Good. Holster it; if you pull back that hammer you’re dead.” Tiruin kept his gun trained on Ford’s head as he directed him to the middle of the street kicking the body of Onyx out of the way as he passed. Looking briefly at the ground he found exactly what he was looking for as the wind began to kick up to  a near tempest in speed.

“Here we go!” The wind died down “This rock will be our judge.” Picking up an easily visible rock he stood with it in his left hand “When this rock hits the ground we draw.” The wind picked up again causing Tiruin to shout “No cheating. The winner gets Ol’ Jimmy’s gold. The loser gets an all expense paid trip to hell. Deal?”

“Deal.” Ford shouted over the wind. This was his last chance. As soon as the rock hit the ground… It would all be over.

It seemed to happen in slow motion. Tiruin tossed the rock up into the air as the wind whipped his duster coat around at a near insane velocity.  Ford’s eyes were fixed to the stone as it reached its apex. Crack!!!

With that Captain Ford fell to the ground dead. A bullet placed dead center between his eyes.

The rock landed with a small thud as the wind died again “Draw.” Chuckled Tiruin as he spun his gun around on his finger before holstering it with a flourish. “You’re pretty good. Too trusting though.” Tiruin stated as he walked past the corpse of Onyxjew and proceeded to retrieve the gold from the remains of the courthouse.

No one truly knows what happened after Tiruin left Jackelope. Newspapers of the day speak of his suicide. Acting on an anonymous tip the authorities investigated the small ghost-town only to find a nearly rotten corpse in the middle of the road. A single bullet placed betwixt its eyes. All identification pointed to the fact that Tiruin, in a fit of despair, had killed himself in atonement.

Across the border in the tiny ghost town of Chupacabara, however, the real Tiruin laughed as he took another sip of liquor. The authorities were so easy to fool. Everyone of them were the same. He couldn’t wait to live out his days in relative decadence. He’d never have to work again. “Oh Maria?” Called the devilish rogue “I don’t suppose I could get another one of these eh?”

“Say did you hear?” Asked a nearby locale to his friend “Senor Verdan has found a large stache of gold! We’re all going to get rich off of the gold rush! Isn’t that wonderful Senor Tiruin!?”

Tiruin himself simply smiled as he replied “Well… There’s nothing wrong with acquiring a bit of cash is there?”

SCUM WIN!!!

Onyxjew944 was night killed! He was a Regular Townsfolk
Captain Ford was just a bit too slow. He was a Regular Townsfolk
Tiruin wins! He is a Bandit Wrangler
ReDeadEr wins post-mortem! He was a Regular Bandit

Spoiler: Town Wins Flavors! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 1 Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 3 Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Night 4 actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 5 actions (click to show/hide)

Bandit Chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/iEYSi3FXCGk

Dead Chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/49/H/ZB7LE3w2tYmJ
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:26:37 pm by Nerjin »

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits: Scum Win: Across the Border
« Reply #287 on: February 11, 2013, 09:25:35 pm »

pfp Congrats on an active lylo amd a good game.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 11, 2013, 09:51:04 pm »

I knew Tiruin was scum! If he wasn't he'd have advocated a massclaim with his first post of LyLo.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 11, 2013, 09:54:50 pm »

I take it back.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:16:59 pm by Captain Ford »
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 11, 2013, 10:08:37 pm »

Look dude I'm sorry. Like I've said I had a decision to make and not a lot of time to make it. It wouldn't have been fair for me to go "Sorry JK lol, no night time yet." The day had ended. You all had a weekend to extend. If I could go back and do it differently I would. Sorry again but there's nothing I could have done. Once the thread was locked so was any chance of me doing anything.

I'm sorry to hear you won't be joining any other games I mod. I may not mod any for a while as it stands. Again... Sorry.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 11, 2013, 10:13:44 pm »

I understand you've had a long day. I really do.

I don't actually hate you for this. But it's a real shame. This was a fantastic game, and I feel like we were all cheated by not being able to complete it. I know I was...

Doing things in a hurry is never a good idea.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 02:08:52 pm by Captain Ford »
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 11, 2013, 10:30:38 pm »

Well I liked the ending, good job on that Nerjin.

And damn, I was only half correct. I was right about ford being town, but I was almost all in on Onyx being scum. Tiruin had me convinced he was the doctor.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 11, 2013, 10:54:27 pm »

:-X
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 02:08:15 pm by Captain Ford »

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 11, 2013, 11:57:33 pm »

:-X
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 02:08:24 pm by Captain Ford »

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 12, 2013, 12:21:14 am »

On second thought, somebody telling you to calm down will just make you more angry. So I'm gonna edit this post to not say that.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:26:33 am by ReDeadEr »

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 12, 2013, 12:23:06 am »

Well I liked the ending, good job on that Nerjin.
And damn, I was only half correct. I was right about ford being town, but I was almost all in on Onyx being scum. Tiruin had me convinced he was the doctor.
Thats 1/3 correct.  :P
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 12, 2013, 04:17:20 am »

Ah, that's a shame. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and learned a fair amount, and I apologize as usual for not giving this game the attention it deserves.

Having Tiruin as the last bandit was really tough on town, since he tends to be fairly verbose and can be downright indecipherable sometimes. He certainly tried to encourage people to follow up on their suspicions of him, though.

Also, if it's any consolation, Ford, the game was meant foremost to be a learning experience. You certainly seem like you're done with BMs and can move on to "real" games now anyway.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 12, 2013, 08:41:16 am »

Some say you can still hear the old Sheriff spitting his last words by the old well if you listen in at the dead of night.

Good game, I'm only sad to see Town's chances Tiruined!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #299 on: February 12, 2013, 08:43:05 am »

Tiruin power!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21