Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits: Scum Win: Across the Border  (Read 60457 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits Day 4: The Mylo General Store [Rep. Needed]
« Reply #240 on: January 31, 2013, 05:12:55 am »

Tiruin: I stared at your post for about 40 seconds before I realized it was new.

I didn't expect you to be online right now.  :o

PFP
At this point, I'm having a hard time reading your posts without seeing things that aren't even there.
{Then maybe you're onto something?}
O_o

...?

Tiruin?
{That was me guessing that you've got something there, judging by the 'seeing things that aren't even there'. By that, I guess you should point that out in a speculative or hypothetical manner, or just point that out with a 'what I think about this is-' or something.}

So...that something is scummy, right?
...I don't know. You're the one who said I was onto something. What exactly is it that I'm onto?

Since you've denied being the doctor, there's only one other thing I could be onto.
I was online at the break of dawn, had to finish a literary piece along with digital art. The latter was due to my hobby. XD

Now for that question...Err, I said you were onto something because of your statement:
At this point, I'm having a hard time reading your posts without seeing things that aren't even there.
I'm having a hard time reading your posts without seeing things that aren't even there.
reading your posts without seeing things that aren't even there.
So there's my guess that you had something in regard to that vote on me...Because you're seeing things that aren't directly stated, meaning an implied or derived idea from my posts...

So I was guessing you're onto something, but unsure about it, thus me pointing it out because...well, you're seeing things.

Since you've denied being the doctor, there's only one other thing I could be onto.
Which is...?

Currently, I'm confused about your stance on me.

Really sorry about this, but I am overloaded with RL crap. I'll try to get everything done tonight so I can come back and go over it tomorrow, but for now Unvote. Sorry about returning to lurking, but I will have much more time in two days.

I'll have some time in about sixteen hours.
Where 'some' = 5 minutes. Where 'more' = 6 minutes. :P

Disregarding my attempt at joking to invoke a response, Why did you unvote?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits Day 4: The Mylo General Store
« Reply #241 on: January 31, 2013, 05:31:26 am »

Nolynch.

Ford:
IronyOwl: "Bizarrely certain" was purely in reference to the fact that you saw certain things as being towntells on other players, and as scumtells on burn_heal. In particular, the making and retraction of errors, of which burn_heal made two, and onyxjew made one, and on the former you ignored, and on the latter you saw it as townish.
This looks interesting. Why didn't you ask about it directly?

Unvote. I'm up for a no lynch if there's a true consensus. So far, you two ICs have only said that it's general wisdom, I'd like to hear your own opinions on the matter.
I'd say it's wise. We obviously have some people who are less suspicious than others, but nobody seems like such an obvious target that we couldn't benefit from one fewer suspects.

Also, everyone has posted, and no one has claimed doctor yet. At what point should we assume there isn't one?
Hard to say. We're not at full LYLO yet, so there's still a reason not to, namely not being our guaranteed kill for no benefit. Presumably if we don't get a claim at LYLO or when we decide we're going to lynch, either there's no doctor or the doctor doesn't see any benefits to claiming. Or is maybe trying something tricky, like trying to lure scum into claiming doctor and then challenging them.

Onyx:
IronyOwl

Why didn't I ask an IC what I was doing wrong? -snipped sarcasm- ...That's actually a good point. I don't really have a reason why, except for 'I didn't think of it.' I found it funny because I had/have no adequate reason for my apparent invisibility. I was questioned, and analyzed, yet never answered. The questions were lackluster, true, but I was surprised at the potential oversight or disrespect. I still don't know which.
And what do you say to Tiruin's assertion that you never really asked any questions?

Why were you personally, and very much explicitly, going for burn_heal? What set you off? Why the blood vendetta?
The theatrics were the main part. The fact that he didn't actually have anything was a large component also, but the villainizing language was what made it seem like he was pursuing a malicious agenda, not just convinced of something for no or bad reasons.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 31, 2013, 10:17:41 am »

Just got the time, we've got ~7 hours left from the time of this post.

No Lynch at the moment to prevent any last minute shenanigans.

To clarify things: @Ford

I was withholding my stance on you [see: unvote] while waiting for your response. Now...your response was very surprising, but it turned my attention to the difference in your attitude.

Quote from: Because suddenly you got this here
PFP
{Then maybe you're onto something?}
O_o

...?

Tiruin?
{That was me guessing that you've got something there, judging by the 'seeing things that aren't even there'. By that, I guess you should point that out in a speculative or hypothetical manner, or just point that out with a 'what I think about this is-' or something.}

So...that something is scummy, right?
...I don't know. You're the one who said I was onto something. What exactly is it that I'm onto?
You're voting someone. At MYLO. On...an IC voice statement.

That, to me, goes against my knowledge of how you work things out - your analytical senses. Either you're trying to press me for that one statement, or...trying something else that needs more time to be explained. I don't get what you're aiming at here though.

Adding to this:

There was one thing nagging my mind. If you were scum, why would you just go out and subtly role fish the doctor out? At this moment, too.

Now, that was a vague hunch..But then
Now, see, if scum had chosen to no-action on Night 2, they wouldn't know whether or not there was an actual doctor, so making a fakeclaim would be a risk. I was trying to see how he reacted to the idea, as much as I actually suspected him of being the doctor.

I'll await Onyx' reply first.
Meaning: You're aiming at the presence of a doctor in a vague and indistinct way, as if you're unsure how to make a case on it. Either desperatism, or loss of words- I'm leaning on the side of you being town with recent events here.

Onyx: I'm betting you're going to post soon right? :/

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 31, 2013, 04:35:20 pm »

Unvote. Nolynch. I just thought that comment was odd, so I was trying to figure out if it meant something.

IronyOwl: I don't know why I didn't ask you that directly. Probably because I was distracted by other things (Tiruin). In any case, can you explain it? (It'll probably have to wait until tomorrow, but I'd like you to answer even if I'm not alive at daybreak)

Onyxjew: I guess you got overwhelmed again? Not a good sign no matter how you look at it.

Not much time before day end, so I'll have to make this post short.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 31, 2013, 04:54:13 pm »

”I just plain don’t know…” Admitted Ford as he crossed his name off the voting list. He was the last to do so… “I suppose we just wait til tomorrow…” each of the remaining townsfolk agreed and soon they left to their homes, knowing for sure that one wouldn’t be coming back the next day.

No-lynch was lynched! He was a Non-player character

Night 4 will end 2/1/2013 at 5PM. PM your actions if you have any by this time.

The Old Parchment Reads:

Onyxjew944:

Captain Ford:

Tiruin:

Ironyowl:

No-Lynch: Onyxjew944,   Captain Ford,   Tiruin,   IronyOwl,

Not voting:
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits Day 5: Back at Mylo's
« Reply #245 on: February 01, 2013, 04:55:08 pm »

The townsfolk of Jackelope reconvened the next morning at Mylo’s store to find a peculiar sight before them. All were present. It appeared that the dastardly fiend still amongst you may have lost his nerve. You all rejoice at the thought silently just prior to another darker thought invading your mind: What if they simply enjoy playing mind games?

Day 5 will end 2/6/2013 at 5PM. There are 120 hours left.

The Old Parchment Reads:

Onyxjew944:

Captain Ford:

Tiruin:

Ironyowl:

Not voting: Onyxjew944,   Captain Ford,   Tiruin,   IronyOwl,

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 01, 2013, 09:26:38 pm »

Wow... a no-lynch followed by a lack of night-kill. Or a doctor, still not sure about that one. I can't tell if we just got lucky, or if this is a bad thing.

Tiruin:
Really sorry about this, but I am overloaded with RL crap. I'll try to get everything done tonight so I can come back and go over it tomorrow, but for now Unvote. Sorry about returning to lurking, but I will have much more time in two days.

I'll have some time in about sixteen hours.
Where 'some' = 5 minutes. Where 'more' = 6 minutes. :P

Disregarding my attempt at joking to invoke a response, Why did you unvote?
I went with the general consensus. Most seemed as though they wanted a no-lynch, and I agreed with the "One less town would make guessing easier" concept. A bit morbid, but cold calculus has its place.

IronyOwl
IronyOwl

Why didn't I ask an IC what I was doing wrong? -snipped sarcasm- ...That's actually a good point. I don't really have a reason why, except for 'I didn't think of it.' I found it funny because I had/have no adequate reason for my apparent invisibility. I was questioned, and analyzed, yet never answered. The questions were lackluster, true, but I was surprised at the potential oversight or disrespect. I still don't know which.
And what do you say to Tiruin's assertion that you never really asked any questions?

Why were you personally, and very much explicitly, going for burn_heal? What set you off? Why the blood vendetta?
The theatrics were the main part. The fact that he didn't actually have anything was a large component also, but the villainizing language was what made it seem like he was pursuing a malicious agenda, not just convinced of something for no or bad reasons.
A: I don't really remember that assertion. When was that, again?

B: I can accept that.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 02, 2013, 08:35:14 am »

Wow... a no-lynch followed by a lack of night-kill. Or a doctor, still not sure about that one. I can't tell if we just got lucky, or if this is a bad thing.
Huh, subtle analysis of what happened in the night or...

Explain Onyx.

Also, I believe it is seemingly better for the doctor to claim now, other than yesterday.

{Woo, day 5! I've never even remembered a time a BM reached day 5 in my memory of BMs!

Same words to scum @ D4 start. Don't get demoralized if you've been NK-Blocked, or if not, listen to Bookthras//analyze what has gone in the past 4 days.

@Town: Don't get uppity, if there is or is not a doctor, it is still to be revealed on his/her discretion, or endgame role flip. Continue with the activity and pull this one through for your team.}

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 02, 2013, 01:48:36 pm »

Explain Onyx.
I think what you are asking about is the last sentence, the one pondering whether or not that was a good outcome, so I will explain that. If you were asking about a different bit, i.e. the doctor, then please ask again with specifics.

I first thought it was a preferable situation, as no one died, but then I realized we decided not to lynch just so someone would get NK'd.

In effect, yesterday is now a pointless venture; no one died, and therefore the odds have not improved as some speculated they would in the event of a night kill. Plus, no claim. We don't even know if it was a block or a particularly convoluted plan of the remaining bandit.

Summary: Nothing good, or bad, happened. So I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 02, 2013, 05:28:22 pm »

It's not very convoluted. The bandit's chances of winning are better with four players left rather than three.

That train of thought implies that there isn't a doctor, after all, and never was. With the cop dead, the last bandit actually improved his chances of winning from 53.33% to 62.5% by not killing on Night 2. That's probably also the reason there was no kill last night.

We're currently in a stalemate situation where it's in neither party's best interests to be the first one to kill. BMs don't have a built-in mechanism for breaking this kind of stalemate. It's entirely up to the GM to decide how to handle it if it continues. Although, from a metagame standpoint, a draw is in the town's favor (our chance of winning is only 25% right now), so one could argue that it's in our best interests to continue to no-lynch until the bandit decides to help us or the GM puts an end to it.

As a sidenote, even if a doctor claimed right now, there would be no good reason to believe him. At this point, I am leaning with Tiruin about there not being a doctor in the first place.

Reference: Mafiascum - Numbers 1 (Mafiascum games start with a night phase, so you need to mentally subtract 1 from the number of players column)
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 02, 2013, 05:33:01 pm »

That train of thought implies that there isn't a doctor, after all, and never was.
We don't even know if it was a block or a particularly convoluted plan of the remaining bandit.
And by block I meant doctor, I had a slight mishap with the terminology.

Also:
At this point, I am leaning with Tiruin about there not being a doctor in the first place.
So...
Greater Collection

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 02, 2013, 06:46:08 pm »

Yeah, I got that Onyx. I understood that block meant doctor. But if there's not a doctor, then according to your quote, it's a "convoluted plan".

I was pointing out that it was very simple and straightforward. Even if a newbie (you) was the last bandit, Bookthras would have advised you to do it once the cop was dead.

In any case. Nolynch. Shorten.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 02, 2013, 07:25:35 pm »

PFP:

@Ford: If this game gets to day 10 I will Mod kill all of you... Or I would like to. I can't as this is a Beginner Mafia and as such is for learning. Harsh penalties do not help anyone learn.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 02, 2013, 07:28:45 pm »

Harsh penalties do not help anyone learn.
Depends entirely on what you're trying to teach. :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 02, 2013, 09:37:10 pm »

{Statistics}
{Stalemate}
{Chances}
{GM handling}
{Err. No.

This is not a preferable idea to approach the situation at hand. Stating such things as statistics hold loose ground in processing the outcome of events here.

In this type of game, we rely on logical thinking and what had occurred over the past days. What was said before by players act as leads to the finish- meaning, search through what was said in the past days and derive who is scum//town from those reads.

The 'GM' or Moderator has no hold on the game's events. He just moderates time and actions. That's it. No third-party help from him.

That's the whole purpose of activity.}

As a sidenote, even if a doctor claimed right now, there would be no good reason to believe him.
Oho? Now how does this factor into believing him? We can judge by what was mentioned in the past days. Supposedly, he'd also give in why he chose the target and what posts gave him the inkling that the target was town. We've seen two non-NKs, which either means the bandit isn't NK'ing, is roleblocking people (unlikely), or NK'd but had others protected.

However, scum would obviously try their best to follow the game, and to achieve their wincon as quick as possible. The only thing that I can think would prevent them from doing that is RL business, which doesn't speak much for any of us present.

In any case. Nolynch. Shorten.
Y?

Based on your reads, what have you gained from everyone that you aren't sure of your stand?

Explain Onyx.
I think what you are asking about is the last sentence, the one pondering whether or not that was a good outcome, so I will explain that. If you were asking about a different bit, i.e. the doctor, then please ask again with specifics.

I first thought it was a preferable situation, as no one died, but then I realized we decided not to lynch just so someone would get NK'd.

In effect, yesterday is now a pointless venture; no one died, and therefore the odds have not improved as some speculated they would in the event of a night kill. Plus, no claim. We don't even know if it was a block or a particularly convoluted plan of the remaining bandit.

Summary: Nothing good, or bad, happened. So I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
...It is a preferable situation. Here, the no lynch at least gives the chance of scum off'ing one person of town. This helps both teams as it has one less person in the fray to confuse things//be confused with regarding alignment. Which would proceed to LYLO  - 2 town, 1 scum.

It was preferable because at least we had explanations and arguments given and taken by different people. There, we have information.

I'm still curious whether both of you have reads on who is the bandit or not, though. It doesn't look like it, as our discussion is going onto possibilities and chance.

Shorten, No Lynch then.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21