Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits: Scum Win: Across the Border  (Read 60396 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits Day 2: The Saloon
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2013, 06:07:30 pm »

The townsfolk assembled fully expecting one of their number to be missing. When they arrived at the pre-designated meeting place, the gallows where +!!scientist!!+’s body had been hanged, they were shocked to find that no one was missing. “What?” asked each townsperson almost in unison. It was truly incredible but… They knew that one bandit still remained. It was just a matter of catching them.

Day 3 will end 1/23/2013 at 6PM at the latest. There are 120 hours left.

The Old Parchment Reads:

Burn_heal:

Onyxjew944:

Captain Ford:

Fraxert:

Tiruin:

Ironyowl:

Not Voting: Burn_heal,   Onyxjew944,   Captain Ford,    Fraxert,    Tiruin,    Irony Owl
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2013, 07:01:56 pm »

...I did not expect to survive the night. But man does it feel good to be wrong!

We have a Doctor in the house! 8)

I'm not going to pretend that nailing ReDeadEr was anything but luck. But it feels good anyway. Not so hopeless anymore, is it?

At this point, the doctor shouldn't claim. I just want to throw that out there right away. We're still going to need you, fella. But I'd like to give you a big thank you for saving my butt last night!
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2013, 12:11:35 am »

...I did not expect to survive the night. But man does it feel good to be wrong!

I'm not going to pretend that nailing ReDeadEr was anything but luck. But it feels good anyway. Not so hopeless anymore, is it?

At this point, the doctor shouldn't claim. I just want to throw that out there right away. We're still going to need you, fella. But I'd like to give you a big thank you for saving my butt last night!
Captain Ford: Can you explain how you came up with this?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits Day 3: Peace and Gallows
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2013, 12:26:34 am »

Blarghgh preview button.

The post preceding this should've included what I am about to write but then a misclick occurred.

Day 3 - the usual time wherein things get spicy. Given the case, one mafioso is down.

@Town: Stay on your heels and remember what you've learned. You're more than halfway to your wincondition at the moment, but don't get cocky or overanalytical. As long as your enemy remains, whether it be one or two, this doesn't mean you should drop activity and rely on others to do your work for you.

Activity is crucial.

@Doc/!Doc - It is preferable if you not claim at this moment. While this isn't a written rule, it is accepted as the status quo on times like these where the NK has not occurred.

@Scum: You've lost a man, but don't fret. Sure, everything on your team lies in your hands, and sure, you're alone but remember to do as a townie does. Don't panic, act reasonable, and commit your survival to the team. As quoted from Shakerag (who I miss and where are you :/)

'With just one of you left, now it is of utmost importance to not get caught.  It's a difficult line to walk.  You have to be active enough to not look scummy, but at the same time not drop any scumtells while being active.'

And to add to my query, @ tie, what made you shift your vote Captain Ford?

burn_heal

• Bay Watcher
  • "G'day folks!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2013, 01:22:06 am »

Captain Ford: “burn_heal: You're not getting much attention. Why do you think that is?”

Eveyone must be being slack, lol.

I'm being curt? What is your analysis of that?
Not sure actually. Perhaps I thought you sounded nervous? I don’t think you’re nervous. Oh well.

Sorry about the decrease is post count. Been busier. Here are my thoughts:

Captain Ford I think can be fairly safely noted as being innocent, lol.

burn_heal: Explain more on your statement @ IronyOwl. How does it relate?
IronyOwl was largely responsible for the killing of scientist, in my opinion. I’m taking IronyOwl’s own advice and “paying special attention to those who lynched him [scientist]”.

Fraxert I thought was mafia, but now I’m having second thoughts. Because ReDeadEr stated, along with Captain Ford, that he was suspicious of them:
Honestly, I'm most suspicious of either Fraxert or Captain Ford.
Trying to get some heat on Captain Ford (who is innocent). But what about Fraxert? Does this mean he’s innocent? Would ReDeadEr FoS his own scum-mate? Distancing? hmmm…

Onyxjew: to be honest, I’m finding hard to read. What’s your read on IronyOwl?

Tiruin: acting like a good guy, but an experienced player. Nonetheless I’m leaning towards “OK”. What’s your read on Onyxjew?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2013, 01:29:28 am »

burn_heal: Explain more on your statement @ IronyOwl. How does it relate?
IronyOwl was largely responsible for the killing of scientist, in my opinion. I’m taking IronyOwl’s own advice and “paying special attention to those who lynched him [scientist]”.
So...you vote Irony.

Understandable.

Now, what are you going to ask? Post w/ vote only = people are going to ask about it. Post w/ vote and explanation, preferably along with something to start a conversation = That's the way.

So you've got your attention, seemingly, on IronyOwl. What will you do about it?

Captain Ford I think can be fairly safely noted as being innocent, lol.
Yeah me too!
Why did you state this? Meaning, you're just stating your own opinion of yourself, lol.

Tiruin: acting like a good guy, but an experienced player. Nonetheless I’m leaning towards “OK”. What’s your read on Onyxjew?
Rep
Good guy?! Good is only a label you folk use. Evil goes in that bag too. I'm methodically neutral!
My read? Newbie.
That read right there mystifies what alignment he actually is, but in his defense posts, he seems to be doing it from a townie viewpoint however he also seems to be lax in his procedure in scumhunting.

Can you explain your leads on everyone? Same question goes for Onyxjew944.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2013, 01:36:45 am »

...I hate that button.

@burn:
Fraxert I thought was mafia, but now I’m having second thoughts. Because ReDeadEr stated, along with Captain Ford, that he was suspicious of them:

Care to explain more about your suspicions? You suspected this person was Mafia because...? All I can infer is that you are judging him by RDE's actions.

Why so quick to single out Fraxert?

Next: Trying to get some heat on Captain Ford (who is innocent). But what about Fraxert? Does this mean he’s innocent? Would ReDeadEr FoS his own scum-mate? Distancing? hmmm…
Why do you believe CF is innocent? Why are you putting in mounds of questions to explain your thought process along with the evident ellipsis?

While I believe this is a way of explaining what you think, you should be straight to the point. Speculating openly is not a bad thing, but in this kind of method (What about...Does this mean...?!) is generally frowned upon and leads many to think you're dumping WIFOM all over.

Be firm and state what you believe.

burn_heal

• Bay Watcher
  • "G'day folks!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2013, 02:01:19 am »

Tiruin, you're right. I need to clarify myself a little and expand on my views. My last post was no my most cohesive.

So you've got your attention, seemingly, on IronyOwl. What will you do about it?
IronyOwl Why were you so harsh on scientist on day 1? He's only newb like the rest of us. Are you going to use your influence to crush we inexperienced townies one by one?

Why did you state this? Meaning, you're just stating your own opinion of yourself, lol.
Did you misread? I was talking about Captain Ford.

My post above was a collection of thoughts on each person left in the game. It may seem obvious to me that Captain Ford is innocent, but surely it can't hurt to state this "aloud"? For me, finding the bandits is a process of elimination.

Captain Ford led the attack against ReDeader. For this reason, I believe he is innocent. He can be eliminated from my suspect list.

In a post I quoted above, ReDeader stated that Fraxert along with Captain Ford were suspicious to him. I fraxert is innocent, I can't think of a good reason ReDeader would FoS him. Therefore, I think fraxert is innocent(ish).

Tiruin, you also voted against ReDeader, so I believe you are innocent.

...to me, this leaves 2 primary suspects: IronyOwl and OnyxJew. Which just so happens to be the number of mafia left!

Time for one of them to be lynched. I'm starting with IronyOwl.

burn_heal

• Bay Watcher
  • "G'day folks!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2013, 02:12:25 am »

You suspected fraxert was Mafia because...?

Fraxert started the game verbose, but started lurking around the time scientist was getting lynched. This seemed suspicious to me.

However, after rereading, fraxert stated he would be busy later on. After reflection, I don’t think he deserves my vote now.

burn_heal

• Bay Watcher
  • "G'day folks!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2013, 02:20:48 am »

Captain Ford led the attack against ReDeader

Tiruin, you also voted against ReDeader

My mistake, it was Tiruin who led the attack and Captain Ford who followed (to avoid the tie).

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2013, 03:41:23 am »

Apologies for vanishing like that; I certainly didn't intend to let the day pass like that, especially not after prodding two people for active lurking.

Tiruin has already covered most of today's speech, but do remember that now we have the advantage of knowing ReDeadEr was scum. We can go back over what's already happened and pay special attention to his interactions (or lack thereof), should you feel the need.

If so, I would strongly recommend the LurkerTracker. It's a wondrous tool that allows you to go through each individual player's posts, rather than digging through the thread in order or hunting around for your target.

Ford:

This looks kind of like you're trying to buddy up to/draw out the doc, to be honest. Why so vocal and jubilant?

burn_heal:
This is an interesting assertion. Care to go into detail on why you feel this way?

IronyOwl Why were you so harsh on scientist on day 1? He's only newb like the rest of us. Are you going to use your influence to crush we inexperienced townies one by one?
The bulk of this is contained/dependent on your answer to the above, but this post would be a lot more brutal if I was intending the latter.

Good use of pressure, though.

...to me, this leaves 2 primary suspects: IronyOwl and OnyxJew. Which just so happens to be the number of mafia left!

Time for one of them to be lynched. I'm starting with IronyOwl.
The first part is sound reasoning. Don't let it turn into complacency, though.

Not so much for the second part, where you seem to imply there's still two scum and that just killing me and Onyx is a surefire path to victory. Rather convenient that you omit yourself, the other survivor who wasn't voting for or pressured by ReDeadEr, in this lazy plan of yours, isn't it?

fraxert, I don't think you've had a concrete suspicion all game. What are your reads on everyone?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

burn_heal

• Bay Watcher
  • "G'day folks!"
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits Day 1: The Courthouse
« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2013, 04:11:22 am »

This is an interesting assertion. Care to go into detail on why you feel this way?

In detail? Sure. Firstly, I’ll say that your earlier posts were very helpful and encouraging for all of us, so thankyou for your guidance. But we’re playing a game of Mafia here, aren’t we? Just because you are a good teacher, doesn’t mean you are an innocent one.

Sadly, I think you may be betraying us behind that smiling face on your avatar. I believe you were “gently” pushing us towards scientist’s lyching the whole time. Yep, I know I was sucked in alright.

It wasn’t until your damaging posts on Page 4 that the ball really got rolling against poor old scientist.

Check this out:
Ah yes, the noob death spiral. It's a tragic thing, really.

"I don't know what to do because nobody looks scummy" is lazy and scummy. The whole point of mafia is to find something scummy, not sit around waiting for someone to run out, waving their arms and screaming "I have a nightkill! I have a nightkill!" If you don't have any concrete suspicions, question seemingly innocuous things that might turn out anyway, including more RVS questions if necessary. You should never be sitting around with nothing to do.

"I realize this could be scummy but you've gotta believe me it's not" is also lazy and scummy. It's appealing to emotion or basically asking everyone to assume that you're town for no reason. If people suspect you, explain why their suspicions aren't especially sound or accept that they have valid reason to suspect you, then resume hunting for scum.

Trying to appear helpful, but all the time stabbing us in the back.

Rather convenient that you omit yourself
I omitted myself because I can be sure I’m not Mafia. Obviously. It’s not for me to go about stating my innocence, that’s for you to decide. Don’t think that simply “voting” me is going to sway everyone else into a bandwagon ride. Like you did with scientist.

What do you have to say for yourself, IronyOwl?

burn_heal

• Bay Watcher
  • "G'day folks!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2013, 04:29:15 am »

fraxert, I don't think you've had a concrete suspicion all game. What are your reads on everyone?

Speaking of concrete suspicions I haven’t heard any from you since you helped kill scientist.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2013, 04:59:39 am »

burn_heal:

In detail? Sure. Firstly, I’ll say that your earlier posts were very helpful and encouraging for all of us, so thankyou for your guidance. But we’re playing a game of Mafia here, aren’t we? Just because you are a good teacher, doesn’t mean you are an innocent one.

Sadly, I think you may be betraying us behind that smiling face on your avatar. I believe you were “gently” pushing us towards scientist’s lyching the whole time. Yep, I know I was sucked in alright.
So you begin with two small paragraphs of baseless "what if" and creative narrative, setting the scene for kind, helpful IronyOwl's sinister plotting and vicious betrayal. Awfully theatrical, isn't it? Especially for someone who's yet to explain why any of this would be so?

It wasn’t until your damaging posts on Page 4 that the ball really got rolling against poor old scientist.
Alright, let's get-

Check this out:
Ah yes, the noob death spiral. It's a tragic thing, really.

"I don't know what to do because nobody looks scummy" is lazy and scummy. The whole point of mafia is to find something scummy, not sit around waiting for someone to run out, waving their arms and screaming "I have a nightkill! I have a nightkill!" If you don't have any concrete suspicions, question seemingly innocuous things that might turn out anyway, including more RVS questions if necessary. You should never be sitting around with nothing to do.

"I realize this could be scummy but you've gotta believe me it's not" is also lazy and scummy. It's appealing to emotion or basically asking everyone to assume that you're town for no reason. If people suspect you, explain why their suspicions aren't especially sound or accept that they have valid reason to suspect you, then resume hunting for scum.

Trying to appear helpful, but all the time stabbing us in the back.
Uh. Why? A single quote followed by a continuation of this narrative of yours isn't the same as an explanation for why something's true. Why is this "trying to appear helpful while stabbing us in the back," and why didn't you realize that until now?

For instance, I could have responded to the above with something like "And here again you ply your treacherous lies, trying to rally the town against me with your fanciful stories." But, that wouldn't actually have explained why I think you're doing any of that stuff, would it?

Rather convenient that you omit yourself
I omitted myself because I can be sure I’m not Mafia. Obviously. It’s not for me to go about stating my innocence, that’s for you to decide.
But you're basically done with the day, and presumably you'd like everyone else to be done with the day also, wouldn't you? Or were you just stating that your vote was set for these reasons, have fun figuring out your own targets everyone else?

Don’t think that simply “voting” me is going to sway everyone else into a bandwagon ride. Like you did with scientist.
If "voting" is in quotes to denote destroying your arguments and heavily incriminating you in the process, I'm inclined to disagree. If it just means literal voting that isn't really voting for some reason, probably not, but then, it doesn't take much to dig your own grave, as scientist (note the italics for added drama) would surely agree.

What do you have to say for yourself, IronyOwl?
That it's kind of shameful that we got lucky D2 and scum overplayed their hand D3. I didn't do anything, but I'm unimpressed with your pawns, Bookthras. Unless it's fraxert after all in which case I'm unimpressed with your lurking pawns, and if it's Ford after all then GOD DAMN IT.

But, more likely I'm unimpressed with your pawns. Nice cajones going after the lurking IC, but too theatrical and baseless with it.

Speaking of concrete suspicions I haven’t heard any from you since you helped kill scientist.
There was also my chewing out of Onyx and ReDead for active lurking. Unlike my vicious assault on scientist, incidentally, those ones contained FoS's and votes actually denoting suspicion. Otherwise yes, I've been shamefully absent.

Meanwhile, er. Do I bold and underline !!your!! name also or is that reserved for me? I always forget what's villain privileges and what's main character traits.

But anyway, after !!you!! cast the third vote for scientist, citing his earlier damning posts (and not, interestingly, anything to do with me), I see !!you!! were briefly suspicious of fraxert for not doing anything before jumping on me for supposedly engineering scientist's lynch. Do !!you!! feel this is an adequate number of suspicions and amount of scumhunting?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

burn_heal

• Bay Watcher
  • "G'day folks!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2013, 05:13:43 am »

Wow, you really do bite when you bite, don't you? None of this helpfulness anymore, gosh! Do I detect... anger? Oh dear.

Awfully theatrical, isn't it?
I've yet to hear any better theories from you.

lazy and scummy.
I'll tell you what is lazy. Not posting. Simply attacking the person who attacks you. That, is what is lazy.

But you're basically done with the day, and presumably you'd like everyone else to be done with the day also, wouldn't you? Or were you just stating that your vote was set for these reasons, have fun figuring out your own targets everyone else?
If I wanted the day to be done, I wouldn't have submitted my post so early in the day. People need time to chew things over. I could be wrong. Of course I could be wrong!

IronyOwl is being very defensive, don't you thinK? I still haven't seen any positive action from him, other than attacking me. (And of course, I am fair game.)

So who do you think is mafia, Ironyowl? Is your vote on me a “pressure vote” or do you actually think I’m a bandit? What do you think of Onyxjew? Fraxert? Who would you rather lynch out of the two?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21