Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits: Scum Win: Across the Border  (Read 60342 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits Day 1: The Courthouse
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2013, 08:46:06 pm »

The others find the sheriff gut shot by the old well, red footprints leading off into the scrubland.

'You shoulda listened,' he burbled through bloody lips, 'it was...'

But before he could continue his guts rolled out and he died in the street he had once sworn to protect.

Implying he was proven correct, and last turn his vote was cast for... Captain Ford.

I'm probably wrong, as a role-playing post is, I think, not allowed to distribute hints post-mortem, but I think it is our job to be paranoid in this particular game and over analyze everything we are given.
Oh boy.

Onyx, you should know that a Cop - flavor aside - only gets his results AFTER Night 1. This is a crucial statement which everyone should note - talking about last night's reasoning//connecting it to the role.

In this case, you're trying to allude a confirmation in accordance with one's BAH post. Wherein said post is just a statement made by the dead player - it holds no weight. If it contains pertinent information, that infringes the rules. Otherwise, if acted upon, it is a case of blatant WIFOM.

tl;dr: a dead player CANNOT STATE ANYTHING IN RELATION TO HIS RESULTS as it is viable for great mishappenings. Ergo, I believe you're doing a newbie mistake instead - read ye rules.

I think it is our job to be paranoid in this particular game and over analyze everything we are given.

> This does not constitute the right amount or type of paranoia. What I'm guessing you're thinking of is a person who doesn't completely believe anyone or anything, nitpicking on any post for credibility or fact. In this game, you should use your mind and intellect in discerning what is wrong and what is right - especially in what to post. An overanalysis won't help you with anything if you can't manage to convince or clarify your stand on the idea.

But perhaps I'm being too lenient and overanalytical?

Onyx. You stated you posted preceding the Bah post? Where is it? The day started before such. Though I have to note, your honesty in...lurking, probably a misinterpretation of re-reading, is something you'd want to avoid.

As of today though, have you no leads? Nothing that continues your train of thought from yesterday? Don't get lost on your finds. Continue pursuing them.

((I'm not bothering to post a question to Captain Ford after I just blatantly wrote an entire post with an unasked question in it, so I'll just skip to the rest of the menagerie. Also yes, I am fully aware that notquitethere only voted for Ford in a hope to nolynch, doesn't stop the post from being interesting.))
There is no OOC here. Everything said is important to the game. Yes, even RP posts. :P Also, aren't you going to at least follow your hints//finds? Why question me about my name and not anyone else you find...odd?

Nerjin: The title says Day 1. It is day 2, you silly Marshall. :P On how to change it - Modify the OP and change the title there. All proceeding posts will carry in on that title.

fraxert

• Bay Watcher
  • hey-di-lee hi, and ho-di-lee hok
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2013, 09:09:59 pm »

fraxert:
Fraxert If you were mafia, how would you act the first day?
Probably pick fights.
I, um...huh. That's not exactly a conventional strategy. Do you think that picking fights would help you win? How?
I never said that it's a working strategy.  I said that's probably what I'd do.  If I upset someone they might slip-up.  If you look at my previous posts on the subject of my game-plan, I rely on luck.
"Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason." - StarkRavingMad

burn_heal

• Bay Watcher
  • "G'day folks!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2013, 09:14:27 pm »

I'd like to pay special attention to the people who lynched him, but obviously being on his lynch or not is no guarantee of anything.
I think the greatest responsibility falls on none other than yourself for scientist’s lynching, to be honest.

Oops! Guess I should read Nerjin's posts more closely!
And NQT himself's, for that matter. How'd you completely blank on both who had died in the night and what one of your suspects was saying/doing D2?

You could say I rushed that post :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2013, 09:17:17 pm »

fraxert: Could you explain more on why that would be probably your idea?

I mean, that's just like choosing any random variable out of a hat and going with it. How will you get answers from picking fights? Poking the other person's nerves enough to cause an insurmountable amount of rage and hatred?

burn_heal: Explain more on your statement @ IronyOwl. How does it relate?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2013, 09:28:33 pm »

Tiruin, picking fights was his mafia strategy. Read the original question.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2013, 09:41:24 pm »

Captain Ford, isn't it true that sheriff Notquitethere, may he rest in... the street, since we just kind of left his body there, was suspicious of you before nightfall yesterday? And isn't it true that this would give you prime motivation to kill him?
The thing is,ReDeadEr, this question has been answered at least three times already by other people. Why did you bother asking it? Are you even reading the thread?

You also still haven't responded to the accusation I made yesterday. Why have you been lurking so heavily?

Where has it been answered? I might be missing something, but I honestly can't tell where you're talking about.

And the reason I've been lurking so heavily is a mixture of not remembering to check the thread and having just recently gotten new games.

Now that I reread, I can't find it anywhere. My brain is insistent that I wasn't the first person to say that, but ... what the hell, brain?

Anyway, that's more or less what I was expecting. Unvote. Now pick somebody and vote for them. If you're not voting, then it's like the town is down a player.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2013, 09:42:43 pm »

Wait, nevermind. You are voting. For me.

I blame the pudding.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2013, 09:54:03 pm »

Spoiler: OP (click to show/hide)
Alright, where to begin... yes. The beginning.

You stated you posted preceding the Bah post? Where is it? The day started before such.
My posts have all become a series of "I did post A because C" followed by "Post A because C and Post B because 6." which has apparently netted me a certain deal of confusion. I'll just sort my posts here so I can get back to lurking/thinking/scum-hunting/whatever-you-want-to-call-it.

Spoiler: Post A: (click to show/hide)
Also known as the post in which I acquired two votes worth of stupidity.

Spoiler: Post B: (click to show/hide)
Also known as the post in which my lack of experience was blatantly bandied about by myself and others. Shame was rightfully had by one.

Spoiler: Post C: (click to show/hide)
Also known as the post in which I did a smaller scale version of what I am doing now: trying to explain days worth of incompetence.

With my compendium of failure complete and fully organized, I shall return to doing what I'm most likely wrong in thinking I should be doing. Because remember, confidence is key. Oh, and to make this abundantly clear, part I-lost-track.

I know the RP post is to be disregarded. I didn't before. Are there any other pertinent questions?

Tiruin: Do all Mafia games end with this many "I already said this, check A,B,C." posts? Note this is not a sarcastic jab, there are a few other cases of this besides myself.

Fraxert: What would you be looking for during any of those fights? Specific examples, if you would. I'm trying to think of something that a raging Anon could say that would indicate scumminess.

burn_heal What is your current read on the situation? Who do you think is suspicious, and why?
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits Day 2: The Saloon
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2013, 10:44:46 pm »

Silence was no longer a viable option. The townsfolk demanded answers from those who had for so long held their tongue. It appeared they were not quite through lack of information as they spilled forth with answers of great wisdom and advice on how to find the bastards who’ve killed Ol’ Jimmy Pete and the Sherriff… Unfortunately even their beautiful words do not absolve them of suspicion as a few townsfolk sign their names on the dusty parchment. Nightfall will come soon yet the bloodshed has only begun…

Day will end 1/17/2013 at 5PM at the latest. There are 19 hours left…

The Old Parchment Reads:

Burn_heal:

Onyxjew944: Ironyowl,   Tiruin

Captain Ford: ReDeadEr,

ReDeadEr:

Fraxert: burn_heal,

Tiruin:

Ironyowl:

Not Voting: Fraxert,    Onyxjew944,   Captain Ford[?],

Captain Ford I saw you write Never-mind but does that mean you DO want to vote ReDeadEr? I could use some Vote text if you are.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2013, 12:14:32 am »

Extend.

Tiruin: Do all Mafia games end with this many "I already said this, check A,B,C." posts? Note this is not a sarcastic jab, there are a few other cases of this besides myself.
End? What do you mean, end?

Yes, those things happen but for reasoning in detail, most of the time when these questions are asked it means you should clarify what you said and not just repeat what you did say.

What I was aiming for you to think about was about how to defuse it, which you did. But other than that, I asked about your other leads or finds - I was subtly pointing out that you should also pursue what you've found other than defending yourself and nothing but that.

Like your vote. To continue what you asked in glowy red and bold, Who do you suspect? Why are you asking others their opinions about the current state of events, and how will it aid you?

Ford:
Captain Ford, isn't it true that sheriff Notquitethere, may he rest in... the street, since we just kind of left his body there, was suspicious of you before nightfall yesterday? And isn't it true that this would give you prime motivation to kill him?
The thing is,ReDeadEr, this question has been answered at least three times already by other people. Why did you bother asking it? Are you even reading the thread?

You also still haven't responded to the accusation I made yesterday. Why have you been lurking so heavily?

Where has it been answered? I might be missing something, but I honestly can't tell where you're talking about.

And the reason I've been lurking so heavily is a mixture of not remembering to check the thread and having just recently gotten new games.

Now that I reread, I can't find it anywhere. My brain is insistent that I wasn't the first person to say that, but ... what the hell, brain?

Anyway, that's more or less what I was expecting. Unvote. Now pick somebody and vote for them. If you're not voting, then it's like the town is down a player.
So...unvote, and then what? I see you're voting him because of his questioning, his 'repeat of questions' there. But after clarification, where does it go? Branch out, mate. You comment on him voting someone, but then yours goes...

In the non-voting section?

ReDeadEr: I approve of your honesty, however I'd also like to point out that activity is the thing that runs games. Meaning, you've given a post detailing suspicions and such, but are you following up on them? Don't be lazy here, for if you join a Forum Mafia game, remember it runs on real time.

Your target has answered, what is your verdict? Or are you satisfied with it on Ford for some reason?

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2013, 07:28:43 am »

End? What do you mean, end?
Right, bad choice of words on my part. Considering I can't edit in this particular thread, replace "end with" with "acquire". Should sort that little problem out well enough.

Following up on leads, I just finished writing and deleting a paragraph on why I'm asking questions of everyone, but not lingering on any single target. Deleted because it would have ruined any small chance of success I already had. I only have a few more people to root through, so once I'm done with that I'll get back to you on the why and the how. Estimate, two more replies.]

In other questions, didn't you vote for me on your last post? Yet in this post you didn't unvote and you now are voting for ReDeadEr. Probably a typo, but I would suggest fixing that one way or another.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2013, 10:00:55 am »

That's one way of shifting your vote. Unless you're a doublevoter [which has its own rules attached to it, and not in this game anyway,] voting someone, then voting someone else without an unvote is just the same.

Yes I voted for you, but that was mostly pressure and to enable you to get back in the game. However, 'Deleted because it would have ruined any small chance of success I already had.'

About your target, you could go through day 1 and 2 focusing on the person you'd count as suspicious. But then when he's dead, what have you to go for but on other reads missed by the rest? Branch out is what I say. What have you to lose? Keep on asking! Don't hesitate to not ask. Any question has an answer, and that answer varies from person to person.

Also, using math...I believe we've only got ~8 hours left on the clock.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2013, 10:22:22 am »

burn_heal: You're not getting much attention. Why do you think that is?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2013, 04:29:05 pm »

Wow, it's getting close to deadline.

Extend. Also, ReDeadEr, to break the tie.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2013, 05:03:08 pm »

The saloon grew silent as the ever increasing accusations came to a halt just prior to the sunlight doing likewise. The final name on the paper was ReDeadEr. “What!? I would never hurt Jimmy! He was like a brother ta me!” he shouted as the townsfolk drew closer.

“Rules is rules, there’s no way you’d be voted if ye weren’t scum ya bastard!” Claimed Captain Ford as he reached once again for ReDeadEr.

“No! Stay back damn it!” ReDeadEr cried as he reached for his gun. He never made it as two shots rang out.

The collected townsfolk gazed wildly around to see who pulled off the shot. It was both Captain Ford and Tiruin, the two who suspected ReDeadEr the most.

“Come on everyone… Let’s go search his house for Jimmy Pete’s things.” Said the Captain as he holstered his weapon.

After a very brief search of the house undeniable proof of ReDeadEr being a Regular Bandit was found. Furthermore a letter was found proving that only one more bandit remained in Jackelope. Unfortunately the name was obscured by a large blotch of ink, as well as the location of their hideout.

As darkness fell all of those assembled headed to their homes for what they knew might be the last time. One bandit was gone for good… Yet one still remained.

ReDeadEr was lynched! He was a Regular Bandit

Night will end 1/18/2013 at 5PM at the latest. PM your actions if there are any.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21