Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you left-handed?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: How many Bay 12ers are left-handed?  (Read 7402 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: How many Bay 12ers are left-handed?
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2012, 05:18:06 pm »

Left hand of the Devil, reporting in.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2012, 05:24:28 pm »

In answer to wasd'ing, I don't.  I use arrow keys.  Eccentric, I know.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2012, 06:32:17 pm »

Woo, lefty high fives all around!

I am naturally left handed, but I play guitar right handed and use the standard WASD setting for FPS, as well as brushing my teeth and other small uses like that. It probably explains why my aim on TF2 can seem pretty eschewed, but I prefer predicting projectiles like rockets or grenades rather than hitscan weapons anyway. I do occasionally browse the interwebs using my left hand on the mouse, it's a habit I picked up.

The only experience I ever had with guitar was with right-handed models and right handed stances, so it was natural to learn it that way. It's cool to use my dominant hand for fretting, man.

It's funny, a bunch of people I know at school are also left-handed. It might be that on average the people I'm willing to hang out with just happen to be left handed, or left-handed people gravitate toward similar interests or something.

Anyway, yeah. I'm a lefty too.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2012, 08:22:01 pm »

Yeah... as I said my father and my brother are both right-handed, so I've used lefty-controls from day one.

Also, I know a lot of lefties too.  At least half the high-schoolers in my youth group are left-handed.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2012, 08:22:46 pm »

Truth be known I am the only lefty in my entire nuclear family... and the second lefty in the entire extended family.

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2012, 09:05:29 pm »

My left side has better strength while my right has better fine motor skills. I throw and kick on left side, and box in southpaw, while I write, use tools and bat right handed.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2012, 09:09:22 pm »

My left side has better strength while my right has better fine motor skills. I throw and kick on left side, and box in southpaw, while I write, use tools and bat right handed.
I'm sorry, but every time someone says they do something "southpaw" I think of them as a bear.
You are now a kick-boxing bear.  I'm sorry if this comes as a shock to you.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2012, 09:15:06 pm »

Being lefthanded, I WASD and play bass/guitar right-handed.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2012, 03:22:47 am »

It probably explains why my aim on TF2 can seem pretty eschewed, but I prefer predicting projectiles like rockets or grenades rather than hitscan weapons anyway.

Funny, I felt the same way. I could always make the complex decision, never the simple one though.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2012, 03:35:24 am »

I'm a righty. My dad is ambidextrous, though he uses his left hand more.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2012, 03:37:43 am »

As a leftie I use my right hand on the mouse.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2012, 04:22:19 am »

I'm right handed, but naturally uses my left hand for a lot of minor things. It's far from ambiexteriety, but I'm not sure what to call it. Is that how dominance for for you guys as well?
It's called "mixed-handedness" and is usually much more common then true ambidextrousity. Note that usually when you are naturally a leftie and run into this it isn't that you are mixed-handed, but rather that you have learned some ambidextrousity by being forced into a world that makes most things for righties. If you are a right hander naturally and you use your left hand for several tasks then it's probably this though.

I'm not sure myself.  My parents tell me that in Kindergarten, I wrote equally well with both hands and was constantly switching.  This bothered my teacher, and she forced me to pick one.  So I was trained out of being able to write with my left hand as well as my right.  Pisses me off whenever I think about that now.

Today, I still use both hands about equally.  Every task can only be done by one hand and not the other, but I think they're divided out about equally.  Anything involving subtle finger motion/fine accuracy (on the level of writing or throwing a ball) is done with my right hand, so I've always considered myself right-handed, but mixed-handed is probably more accurate.

It probably explains why my aim on TF2 can seem pretty eschewed, but I prefer predicting projectiles like rockets or grenades rather than hitscan weapons anyway.

Funny, I felt the same way. I could always make the complex decision, never the simple one though.

I'm the same way.  I play sniper a lot in FPS, but I don't snap-shot.  I place my crosshairs ahead of the target and time it.

I'm right handed, but naturally uses my left hand for a lot of minor things. It's far from ambiexteriety, but I'm not sure what to call it. Is that how dominance for for you guys as well?

The belief is that your handedness is tied into your brain so people who are left hand dominant are right brain dominant.

This theory has been pretty firmly debunked by now.

Thank goodness, since it always sounded silly to me.

Really?... I need to read up on this.  I always assumed it was this way, because one side of the brain is said to control the opposite side of the body.  I took a philosophy class where a large section of it was about identity, and we talked extensively about studies of people who had the connections between their two hemispheres severed.  I listened to all this stuff like how you could then cover a person's right eye, show them a written question with their other eye, and they wouldn't be able to answer, because their left-brain (the side that processes language) couldn't see it.  So it seemed natural to assume there was a connection between side-dominance and brain hemisphere-dominance.  Also reinforced in personal experience by my above story and the fact that I'm almost exactly even between T/F on the Myer's-Briggs (*braces for BS calls on MBTI*).
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2012, 04:27:13 am »

I'm not left handed!
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2012, 04:30:53 am »

Right-Handed here.

And this is kinda relevant.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile