Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Kill, Escape, Restart. A zombie RTD. Turn 6  (Read 14909 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Kill, Escape, Restart. A zombie RTD. Turn 5
« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2013, 10:49:02 pm »

Turn 6

Military:
(1) Michael’s radio shorts out and fails to work. He stares at it angrily. (1+1) A zombie attacks him from a closet. He (6+1) headshots it with his assault rifle. (3+1) No sign of other zombies. Janus and Cerberus continue looking for zombies. (4+1, 5+1) The floor is cleared of zombies.

(5) Jonathan shoots a survivor in the chest for (1) damage. Survivor is then (4) propelled back until he is almost of the roof’s edge. David shoots the other one with his rocket launcher. (3) He misses but causes the survivor to run for cover. (6-1) MIR007XP goes up to the roof. MIR007XP opens fire (1+1) and misses the first guy completely. He (2-1) drops the gun on his foot. MIR007XP takes this opportunity to (2+1) shoot some tracers past his ear. Hanz shoots at the second survivor. (4+1) He shoots the man in the chest for (2) damage. Murphy continues to do the can-can.

Charlie’s teammates request that Jake be terminated. Charlie pulls out his special syringe of cyanide and plunges it into Jake. Jake is dead (6+1) Jonathan radios support. Several helicopters are on their way with supplies, aid and reinforcements. They will be at you location in (3) turns.
(Donuts you will be in these choppers)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Survivors:
110 Lincoln Drive:
(6) Clair decapitates another zombie with her kitchen knife. John attempts to aid Clair (2) If only he could get free from the zombie shoving him against a wall. (2+1) John is shoved against the wall again but isn't hurt this time. (5) Stanley smacks the zombie attacking John in the leg. The zombie falls over.

On the street, Sturm decides to loot the dead zombie. (3,3) Sturm finds an iPhone. (2) A zombie moves towards him. (3+1) Sturm whacks him in the chest with his baseball bat.

Utopians
Jane continues the group discussion. “I am undecided on what we should do. I have a plan and so it seems do several other people, but I am uncommitted as yet because we need a very strong plan. John, what are the disadvantages to moving to the country?”

John replies “The disadvantages are that we have already started rebuilding here and defense. This and other office buildings are easily defensible. Open farmland isn’t. Uprooting ourselves to walk on a several day journey would be tiring and dangerous. The zombies are everywhere. A green office building could support a small group of people, and we can scavenge of grocery stores like we did today. However, in the short term that will work, but for the long we need to begin to hunt, and we need to find any other survivors if we cannot be self-sufficient alone.”

Ruth Starbright chips in “I heard the area around Hoover Dam still has power.”

Jane continues to ask people questions. “James what is the best route to close farmland?”

Ulysses drops his rope off at the large pile, then he and Andrew join the discussion. Andrew speaks, seeming to be inclined towards John’s point of view. "I believe that above all else, we must put away our dreams and work on making a small society. We need to clean out nearby buildings of the dead and put up barriers to keep our claims safe. Survivors, raiders, military, zombies, they are all the same. Some better armed, some smarter, some plain out stupid. But the point is the same. We must protect ourselves. We need to continue barricading this office building."

Ulysses seems to favor the going into the country camp and suggests, "I vote we head north, to Alaska. There's plenty of resources there for us to use, and the zombies haven't gotten there yet, so we might be able to find enough survivors to make a real civilization."

John Chase disagrees. “Have you seen Into the Wild, man? Some survivalist goes to Alaska and dies of starvation. That is what will happen to us. Plus it’s freezing up there.”

One office building over, Akbar takes a swing at one of the two aggressors. (2) He misses. (4) One attacker shoots a survivor in the leg for (1) damage. A defender returns fire. (5-1) He shoots the man who just fired in the arm for (6) damage.

Spoiler: Akbar and Friends (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Modifiers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:50:33 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 03, 2013, 10:51:12 pm »

-In response to Imp's questions the turn before-

Andrew Williams will answer each question calmly and slowly, as to avoid confusing anyone.

"Is moving from here more dangerous than staying here?"

"I, myself, answer the question yes. Zombies will kill anything that moves. Raiders will kill anything that moves. The military likely has orders to kill us if they see us and survivors may steal from us. I find a small fortified position safer, even if it is a bigger target for assaults.

"How long can we sustain ourselves here?"

"I am not completely sure, but I imagine with careful rationing and trade, quite some time."

"What about food?  There's cans and even bread for now, but what about next year, how about a decade from now?"

"The same was likely asked of the first settlements of humanity. The answer is we will trade, we will expand to cover more ground, and with hope and hard work, become a trading center for the new world."

"Where will our water come from?  How will we purify it?"

"That I will need to think about. I will get back to you on that."

"What will we do for more bullets, or what alternate projectile weapons and ammo can we keep supplied through what we can access within this territory?"

"Honestly, this may be an idiotic idea, but hear me out. Raiders exist. And they will eventually come for us. And thus we will need to fight them. But why wait for them to come to us? We could hunt them down and take their ammo. And as I keep saying, trade for what we cannot loot."

"Our population's going to grow, if we succeed.  Can we provide enough through this area you suggest securing to provide for ourselves and our children to come?"

"This area will never provide. It is temporary protection so that we MAY grow and provide in the future. My vision is that we will eventually clean this city up and use what is already there, or at least a sizable chunk of it."

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

zombie killer

• Bay Watcher
  • mwuahahahahhaha
    • View Profile
Re: Kill, Escape, Restart. A zombie RTD. Turn 6
« Reply #197 on: January 03, 2013, 11:59:15 pm »

survivor faction
name: Connor
former occupation: game guide/ assassin
Fear: facing a rhino with only his hands
relationship: single
family: none
hobby: hunting with my 30-06 garand, and my .357 magnum revolver (in some states)

I'd settle for capitalization. although all lower case seems to be zk's thing.
thank you and have a nice day!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 04, 2013, 12:57:33 am »

kill the zombie
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 04, 2013, 01:08:07 am »

They will be at you location in (3) turns.
(Donuts you will be in these choppers)
AWWW YEAAAH!!!
EDIT: Wait, you mean ONE of these choppers, right? I don't want to arrive in pieces!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:42:23 am by Donuts »
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 04, 2013, 03:21:55 am »

Leave those on the roof to deal with the survivors, head to the next floor with Janus and Cerberus and clear it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 04, 2013, 04:08:10 am »

In a Scottish accent "there can be only one." *cough* "Sorry about that."

Loot the dead zombies.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 04, 2013, 05:22:55 am »

Repeatedly smash in the head of the remaining zombie with the crowbar.
Then look for stuff to barricade the windows with.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 04, 2013, 08:34:07 pm »

I got bored at school today so I drew this picture:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought it was pretty good for my awful drawing skills. It's better in real life.

(This is also a discreet bump/need people to post)

So Urist McWanderer and tsukikoneri haven't posted since their characters were inserted. Should I just make their characters NPCs. What about Strife26? (Urist_Mcdrowner appears to have been banned by Toady for a week)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 04, 2013, 09:03:33 pm »

I'll have a post in a bit - might be 4 more hours from now - hard to get enough time at work to write anything, and my turns are always to much typing cause I've got that to much type disease or something  :'(

I love the picture!  So many wonderful details.  I'm especially admiring the huge-looking pile of food, that's gotta be enough to last 10 people at least 3.5 days without needing short rations for anyone :D

I'd say NPC the silent ones, or since they really haven't 'been revealed' to their groups as a whole, maybe allow people who want into the game to adopt as their own - as long as any differences are minor and don't contradict what's already happened in play, then it's as if it hadn't changed at all?

Edited to add:

Is it OK for us to talk to each other as the turns progress, if our characters are in the same location and not otherwise occupied in a way that prevents conversation?  Utopians especially, we came into the game with differing, possibly incompatible plans, limits, and motivations and we kinda need to get sorted out what we think of each other, what we think of how each other thinks and what each other wants, and how we are either going to compromise and cooperate, agree to disagree and aimiably separate, if some of us are going to try and trick and destroy some of the others, or whatever else actually ends up happening between us all.

Of course only our OP can answer for the NPCs - but each player can really only answer for themself, right?

Assuming our continued conversation makes sense and is OK -

imp-Jane Andrews actions

Jane continues to focus on keeping the conversation going, trying to encourage friendly interaction between everyone there, especially those who might be speaking less.  She nods and smiles a lot, meeting everyone's gaze that she can, and appears to really appreciate Ruth's comment about power and Hoover Dam.

"I have fewer questions about the plans that involve leaving the city - that was how my thoughts were going and I think I have a sense of what is likely to go wrong or be important in trying to make that sort of move work, if we decide to try that, which I'm not convinced would be the best idea at all.  So if I'm not asking you a lot of questions, please don't think that's because I've dismissed your ideas already - I just don't have as many questions about them because they were closer to what I was thinking."

She chuckles.  "I like what John and Andrew are saying, but some of it scares me.  I've got a few more questions."

"John, you mention hunting.  We'd be living in this city - but getting from here to an area with prey would be dangerous and long, and then we'd have to get back here again with our catch, unless you mean hunting -in- town..."

"but there's nothing to hunt here except, well.  Live and undead humans, right?  I'm really scared of that path.  There's also rats, a few.  Maybe more over time, but I don't really like the idea of trying to eat those either.  Squirrels and pigeons?  I think since floods of human trash isn't ending up on the streets like it used to, we might not see as many city critters around until deer and such start moving in.  That might not be until the zombies are long gone.  Maybe they'll rot even as they walk or something.  But could you explain more what you meant about hunting?"

"Andrew, I think I agree with almost everything you listed with the dangers, and there's probably even more than you listed, like wild animals, bad weather, and maybe some negected technologies, like nukes, power plants, chemical factories... stuff that's going to start breaking down if there's no one there maintaining it, and then flood the area around it with all kinds of problems."

"Why do you think the military has orders to kill us though, is someone with us some sort of hunted criminal or something?  We look like everyone else that's still alive, right, we're just a group of people surviving as best we can?  We're doing a lot better than most of the poor sods around, of course, every walking corpse is someone who didn't make it.  You think the military, the police, if there's really any organization left, that they're going to be trying to destroy everyone left alive that they see?"

"I like the idea of trade, I really do.  Any ideas how we're going to be able to do that?  If you're right about everyone wanting to kill us, there's not going to be anyone to trade with...  The only problem I see with killing raiders for bullets is that they're going to start running out of them too.  If they start running out before us, why they may not live to attack us, and probably won't really try even if they do.. for sure we can't claim what they don't have.  And if we start running out before anyone who has plenty.... Well, we'll need some other options for sure.  There's probably a lot of choices, from medieval-like defenses, dumping hot water or oil or whatever we have... even just a chair or something from a couple stories up."

Jane shakes her head, then sums up, "I'd like to hear as many ideas as possible.  Both the bad and the good, what's wrong with possible plans, what's right about them, what we can do about problems.  Some problems we might not be able to do anything about, but at least we can try to see what's coming and aim for the best possible path for what we all want."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 03:07:51 am by Imp »
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

detective1412

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 05, 2013, 05:41:56 am »

Try to stop the fight before someone is killed

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 06, 2013, 02:24:13 am »

To Jane Andrew

"I believe the military would have orders to kill us because anyone and everyone could be a threat to their mission. Their guns would be useful, they probably carry rations, all kinds of useful stuff. If you take a soldier down, who knows what goodies you'd get. Then there's the fact that they may not be able to tell between a survivor or an insane pyscho. One civilian murdered in an apocalypse? Nobody will know. And then there is the chance the military is rouge and trying to survive as well. And if they aren't, what if they have wounded? Or need food? I'll bet you my left hand that they would shoot first and ask questions later. I just don't trust the military.

On trading, I didn't state everyone is out to kill us, I stated there is dozens of different foes, you could call them. These foes range from the lone survivor to bands of raiders. Of course, there will be those who come to trade instead of shoot at us, but i'm just saying there will be pyschos. And how we will do it? There's bound to be SOME people who find us and try to trade. They'll tell other survivors they trade with, and soon enough-if they don't get killed- bands of survivors will come and trade. Hopefully.

On bullets, as I said, it is flawed.

On leaving the city, I am GREATLY against that. How will we bring all the food? Carry it? Bam bam, head shot we're all dead. Rawr rawr a zombie catches the over encumbered humans. And even if we do find a way to carry it, where do we go? The countryside? No protection. A storm? Freeze to death and all our supplies are ruined. Attacked? No cover whatsoever. Besides, do any of us even know how to farm?"

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 06, 2013, 04:34:59 am »

Jane nods thoughtfully as Andrew Williams concludes his answers, one hand rising to rub her chin and mouth before she smiles at him, then looks to the others present.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 07, 2013, 08:52:58 pm »

Turn will be up soon, this is a bump to give people one last chance to post.
Sigtext

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 15, 2013, 02:19:48 am »

Turn will be up soon, this is a bump to give people one last chance to post.

We who would continue this game can but wait and hope!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15